Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Lightbulb Alhambra to Lewis-Bachman Transitory - who knew!!

Hello! Bear with me here.....

My husband went from Alhambra to Lewis - Bachman Unit but then I realized it was saying "ASPC-L BACHMAN TRNST" on AZDC. So I looked on the day count sheet and sure enough, Lewis has a "few" Bachman Units and he isn't "actually" going to be staying on this Unit per say...

He classified 2/2 anyhow I called down to the Main on Bachman and she said that yes, in fact, he wouldn't be staying on the Bachman Unit, he's there until a bed opens. She then said they usually move them out within 1-2 days...from the transitory unit on Bachman

So, because I jumped on submitting my phone/visit app right away before recognizing he was still in a transitory unit on Bachman and not actually housed at Bachman... I am bumming that I have now added an additional "wait time" for my approval

Know anyone who has done this foolish'ness before ?? Will my app just get denied or will administration move it to wherever he lands? CO at Main on Bachman told me to call back tomorrow to "talk to them about it" and I'm assuming she was talking about calling administration on the unit ?

And for curious minds; he moved pretty fast through Alhambra - 8 days. He left county on 7/30/18 and left Alhambra on 8/7/18...
The Following User Says Thank You to a4r2i0n For This Useful Post:
Pamelaspeach (09-13-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2018, 02:56 PM

I applied for phone/visits while my LO was at one yard and about two weeks later he got moved to a different yard and i was approved about a couple weeks after that. I *think* it would still get approved in the same amount of time, maybe a little longer. I don’t think they would deny it just for that reason but i can’t say for sure. I’ve also sent mail to one yard and found out the next day that he got moved and still received it so I’d think if they forward mail they’d forward the apps as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjz1234 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-13-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 05:37 PM

my phone application/visitation request got approved when my baby daddy was "out to court" for a month and was sitting at douglas. the unit I sent it to though was eyman.

I don't think they would deny it because of that. since at the time of the request that was the unit he was in
Old 08-11-2018, 07:47 PM
here

As soon as they have their ADC number you can apply for visitation.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,982 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
As soon as they have their ADC number you can apply for visitation.
This is incorrect. It says on the application to not apply while they are at Alhambra. If it's done online it will not let you apply until they have reached the yard.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:20 PM
here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
This is incorrect. It says on the application to not apply while they are at Alhambra. If it's done online it will not let you apply until they have reached the yard.
Really? We were doing that as soon as we had it and had no issues. Good old DOC consistency at work I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-19-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 03:34 PM

How do you find the daily count sheet?
Old 09-05-2018, 07:00 AM

https://corrections.az.gov/capacity-custody-level/2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariahg7 View Post
How do you find the daily count sheet?
Old 09-13-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4r2i0n View Post
Hello! Bear with me here.....

My husband went from Alhambra to Lewis - Bachman Unit but then I realized it was saying "ASPC-L BACHMAN TRNST" on AZDC. So I looked on the day count sheet and sure enough, Lewis has a "few" Bachman Units and he isn't "actually" going to be staying on this Unit per say...

He classified 2/2 anyhow I called down to the Main on Bachman and she said that yes, in fact, he wouldn't be staying on the Bachman Unit, he's there until a bed opens. She then said they usually move them out within 1-2 days...from the transitory unit on Bachman

So, because I jumped on submitting my phone/visit app right away before recognizing he was still in a transitory unit on Bachman and not actually housed at Bachman... I am bumming that I have now added an additional "wait time" for my approval

Know anyone who has done this foolish'ness before ?? Will my app just get denied or will administration move it to wherever he lands? CO at Main on Bachman told me to call back tomorrow to "talk to them about it" and I'm assuming she was talking about calling administration on the unit ?

And for curious minds; he moved pretty fast through Alhambra - 8 days. He left county on 7/30/18 and left Alhambra on 8/7/18...
Greetings,
my son was just transferred to Lewis and is in the Morey unit. It was good to read your post because I almost jumped the gun too. I am having a hard time because he is on a 4 yard. I have heard many scary things about what they call this unit. sigh. focus on the positive.....its hard. Hopefully he wont stay on this yard.

Pamela
Old 09-14-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelaspeach View Post
Greetings,
my son was just transferred to Lewis and is in the Morey unit. It was good to read your post because I almost jumped the gun too. I am having a hard time because he is on a 4 yard. I have heard many scary things about what they call this unit. sigh. focus on the positive.....its hard. Hopefully he wont stay on this yard.

Pamela
Morey is better then some of the others and the visititstion guards are pretty decent - or used to be. Im speaking from a couple years ago - yes it has its issues but I find the staff on that unit a bit easier to deal w and my guy said they were better to the inmates
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Pamelaspeach (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Morey is better then some of the others and the visititstion guards are pretty decent - or used to be. Im speaking from a couple years ago - yes it has its issues but I find the staff on that unit a bit easier to deal w and my guy said they were better to the inmates

Thank you for this only 2 more months till I hopefully get approved to visit.