Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 AM

Default Is parole required to notify inmate of review or decisions?

I have called the parole status line and was told last month (Dec. 5th) that he was denied parole. I called again today and asked if they were going to send notification and the guy told me that it was sent out the next day but that he couldn't see where they sent it to.

My LO is not in Texas but I figured they would still send him something letting him know he was denied.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Thanked 10,504 Times in 5,779 Posts

There is a notice that gets mailed out, but it takes a circuitous route when the offender is not in TDCJ custody. It is my understanding that it ultimately routes through his casemanager at the current facility...
Old 01-07-2018, 11:07 PM

His case manager hadn't received it so I contacted the voting office. They said it was sent out the next day after the vote but didn't know what happened to it so they would resend.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:01 AM

Thanked 10,504 Times in 5,779 Posts

The Panel office does not directly send the notices to ANYONE. Decisions are uploaded and work through the process for distribution, just as they do for offenders IN the custody of TDCJ. At the units, notice is provided by the IPO. For those out of TDCJ custody, it would go through the Federal/OOS section for distribution and they are not always the fastest horse in the race...