Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 12-28-2017, 07:08 AM

Default Brother's in prison and I'm scared and confused

Three years ago they arrested my brother for something he didn't do, "lost" evidence that proved his innocence, and then wouldn't let me talk or write him for years not until bullying him into taking a plea so they wouldn't put him in death row. After THREE years of this they finally let him contact me so i can know what prison he's in. I've accepted that there's no fixing this corruption no matter how much it hurts and i just want to make his life sentence seem less painful to him as i can. They like not telling me rules for letters, cards, and communication. Is frustrating. I'm hitting stone walls. I'm just trying to find out how to get a list of approved books i can send my brother and possible hobby stuff and all the rules on cards so his birthday card isn't sent back and his Christmas cards aren't sent back. After losing him for 17 years when i was kidnapped i finally get in touch with him And got to know him and love him for 7 years before this stuff happened. I haven't got to vent about this because everyone assumes they know ALL about the case when they only know what they saw on tv or the paper and it hurts. They don't even know him. They don't know that there was a recording of what happened that showed a man much shorter than him and of a different race doing it that got "lost" and that to so much of it they had nothing connecting him. And I'm scared for him.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,531 Times in 11,454 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what you and your brother are facing. If innocent folks were released from America's prisons, the overcrowding problem would be solved.

If he is locked up in a Nevada State prison, here is a link to NV DOC's information page for families of prisoners. It includes a "contact us" link to ask questions.
http://doc.nv.gov/Inmates/Home/

They also have a "family services division" for issues like the ones you are facing.
http://doc.nv.gov/Inmates/Family_Ser...Division/Home/

a Google search for "nevada prison info for families" also provides many other links that may help you understand that prison system.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:23 PM

I appreciate your help with the links very much. They are very helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibip For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 02:25 PM

Unfortunately about the court thing we have accepted we can't change it but when looking at the site I saw there's a part where i can track him so i can at least know where he is. Thank you,
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibip For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 05:02 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,202 Times in 2,528 Posts

Having someone you care about behind the fence is horrible. The system claims to be all about keeping support systems going for those on the inside, but the reality is that the system does its best to be as opaque as possible, making information difficult to come by.

This is why PTO exists. To help each other out and give each other a place to vent, cry, or seek support. Welcome to PTO, I'm sorry you need us, but glad you found us.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:28 PM

My heart goes out to you and your brother. Don't let folks drive you crazy. Pray to our sovereign God, He can change a verdict or at least show you mercy and allow you to have contact with him. I'll pray with and for you.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,567 Times in 13,963 Posts

The lack of information when trying to figure out how to just write a loved one in prison, is how I found PTO.
It was the fastest easiest way for me to learn to navigate thru so I could at least write and visit.
And I found it appalling how little and vague the info is to find out via any county, state or agency website. Phones calls go unanswered often.

Finding this site helped me out so much.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-02-2018), GingerM (01-02-2018)