Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 01-01-2018, 01:17 PM

Smile Wisconsin visitation while on probation & having pending charges?

Hello everyone,
I'm new so apologize if I'm going about this incorrectly. Meaning if I should have not started a new thread.
My situation is my fiancé is in a wisconsin facility for treatment. He is in ERP but waiting for space. It will most likely be about 1 year total. I would like to visit him obviously. I am on probation for a misdemeanor dui plus have pending charges that were associated with him. I most likely will have a deferred sentence but it's not complete. My po is aware of the situation and supports me. I visited him in county jail before he was forwarded to prison with no issues. She is willing to write a letter giving her ok for visits. Does anyone know what likelihood I have of being approved and second question is should I send in the visiting form as is even with the outstanding charges not settled and no conviction or should I wait for that to be settled then apply.
I would really appreciate any advice or information
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 02:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,665 Times in 14,609 Posts

I'm in Ky, but was allowed to visit while on probation. After my first application was denied (which I figured it would be), I mailed a letter to the Warden requesting a reconsideration of the denial & included a letter from my PO. However, once I violated and became a convicted felon I was not allowed to visit. We were not co-defendants, though our crimes were related.

As long as you have pending charges, I'd say the answer will be "no." Are you co-defendants? If so, the answer will most likely be "no" as well.

It doesn't hurt to try, though I'd wait until the current charges are finalized. Good Luck!!

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-02-2018)