Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:36 PM

Default Sending money - Ga Diagnostic

My fiance was just transferred here and I'm trying to send money but it says I have to be put on his list. The lady on the phone said that it's likely I won't be approved since I'm not an immediate family member. Has anyone had success in being approved to send money to a fiance? I'm truly all he has to depend on as he's not close to his family. Thanks for any help offered.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Thanked 1,383 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartOfFetti View Post
My fiance was just transferred here and I'm trying to send money but it says I have to be put on his list. The lady on the phone said that it's likely I won't be approved since I'm not an immediate family member. Has anyone had success in being approved to send money to a fiance? I'm truly all he has to depend on as he's not close to his family. Thanks for any help offered.
If you are on his approved visitation list, you should be allowed to send money. Here is a link to another post on that. .http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=699207
Old 12-23-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
If you are on his approved visitation list, you should be allowed to send money.
I'm aware of that. My question was has anyone had issues or success with being approved as a fiance to add money.

Also, the link you posted says not found.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartOfFetti View Post
I'm aware of that. My question was has anyone had issues or success with being approved as a fiance to add money.

Also, the link you posted says not found.
Only immediate family can send money while they are going through diagnostics.

You can get approved through a significant relationship visitor application, but that can not be submitted until he reaches his first prison home assignment after diagnostics. If he has no immediate family on his visitor list, that should help you get approved. But you might face more scrutiny than a cousin or some other extended family member. Be honest on the application and you should be ok. If you run into problems people here can help with the next steps to take.
The Following User Says Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-30-2017)