Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Louisiana that do not fit into any other Louisiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,228 Posts

But Becky... think of " all the other guys" your man set free with the deal made on his back...am I right?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2014, 02:19 PM

my husband is in Winn Correctional Center in Winnfield.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 PM

Post New Louisiana Mom, Tallulah & Lafayette Parish

Hi, everyone.

I'm new to this site and new to the Louisiana prison system as well. I have a loved-one who is currently in the Madison Parish Detention Center for Men in Tallulah, LA. Before that, he had a short stay in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.

I don't know much yet, but I'm willing to share what I have. It looks like both facilities are fairly arbitrary and capricious about what they allow prisoners to receive in the mail. (I sent my son a paperback Bible, and it was returned to me *unopened* and marked: CONTENTS NOT ALLOWED, REFUSED.)

I have since been in touch with the Chaplain at MP, Chaplain Doyle. I wrote to him via Certified Mail concerning the matter, and he called me back within about a week assuring me that if I would send the bible to his attention he'd make sure that my son received it. Unfortunately, I still have not heard from my son that he has, indeed, received the bible yet. ...so I'm still hoping and praying.

LPCC is worse that MP, though. They will not allow puzzle pages taken from the newspaper or a puzzle book. They photo copy correspondence before giving it to inmates and they lose pages, or forget to copy both sides.

Also, at LPCC there is no visitation whatsoever. But you are able to put money into a "Getting Out" account that allows you and your loved-one to send a few short text messages for a fee.

At MC in Tallulah, they allow visitation once a month (you have to ask about when that will be for your particular person). Your loved-one has to request an Application for Visiting Privileges for you. You fill it out, submit it, and wait for their reply. That's where I am right now--waiting. I'll let you know how that goes when I hear back.

Something else that I'm about to tackle (God willing) is that to my son's knowledge, there have been no worship services, prayer meetings... nothing--and he's been in the system for 6 months, now! Does anyone know how to go about dealing with this? It seems to me that a non-denominational service should be offered at least once a month. ...maybe I'm wrong??

Well, I hope this helps someone. I have a few questions that maybe someone else can help me with, but I'll post that in a new thread.

Peace & Blessings
M

Last edited by MOMentum; 06-15-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 04:38 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,546 Times in 6,959 Posts

Hello and Welcome to the Louisiana Forum at PTO. I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances, but hopefully you will find comfort and support here.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
MOMentum (06-16-2017)
Old 06-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Hello glad to be a part of the Louisiana group..
Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,546 Times in 6,959 Posts

Hello & Welcome to the Louisiana forum at PTO!

Old 09-04-2017, 01:17 PM

Default Looking for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
First off sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've had a lot going on, life has pretty well been a nightmare and doesn't look like it's going to get any better anytime soon. Second, I agree with YOU all about the information situation, I feel totally lost!!! Is there anyone that has a man at Winn Correctional in Winnfield, LA???

My son was just sent there he called me stuttering he was so petrified he just got there and someone got stabbed. I am hearing that this is a terrible place and I need to find out how I can get him moved. I need someone to watch out for him. I'm so scared.

Any advice.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:46 PM

Hi, i am new to this site as well, my husband is currently in the iberia parish jail. But has served time in many other jails in the state. He is a 3rd offender and his parole has been revoked because of a new charge. Thanks for all the info. I to feel very helpless at times because i am not sure how to help him or who to call and i have found that alot of things are out of our control. We have to hope and pray for the best!
Old 12-18-2017, 07:36 PM

Hi everyone I’m new here! Does anyone have any information on Caldwell detention facility? Thank you all in advance. This is such a struggle that I am so unfamiliar with;(