Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBaby415 View Post
My guy just got transferred up to CCC. I'm looking for any helpful info as far as what processing is like, do I still have to wait for him to go through orientation to hear from him, letters, calls, etc..... How long after arriving do they get sent out to camp. And how would I set up a visit once he is at a camp.
Not sure how long before he can start calling however every time I called they have been very helpful. My son was in a camp and when my daughter who is his wife would go see him, the visits were very kick back. He had to go back to CCC because he became very sick. He should be coming home soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Concernedangels For This Useful Post:
LolaBaby415 (11-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Default New to susanville

Hi my cousin just got moved to Susanville but we have not heard from him at all. Just curious to know how long did it take you guys to receive a call or letter from your loved one? Also I have been waiting for 3 months to get approved for visitations but nothing. I tried calling Susanville but I get an answering machine. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:14 AM

If you call and choose the option for inmate records rather than visiting, it's more likely they will answer. Good luck! I know it sucks not knowing what's going on.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:33 PM

Hi...I am new to Prison Talk, have a son at Susanville and I don't see very much activity on here. Was just wondering if anyone ever posts or if it's just slow right now. My son is hoping to get into firecamp as well.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:29 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmom97 View Post
Hi...I am new to Prison Talk, have a son at Susanville and I don't see very much activity on here. Was just wondering if anyone ever posts or if it's just slow right now. My son is hoping to get into firecamp as well.
Welcome to Prison Talk!

I moved your post to our Susanville Newbie Q&A as the thread you posted in first was specific to another member's questions

Sometimes the forums might be quieter than in other times...and it might take a little while before someone comments/replies, it all depends. Please do not hesitate to post your own threads if you have something in mind

Old 02-06-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Hi there, Welcome!

My man has been in Susanville over a year since they moved him there after processing at San Quentin. He got his annual review in December 2017, just a month after his 1 year intake anniversary. He was a VIO, but had is points dropped, so he is eligible for camp. He started fire training about a month ago. I have not heard any update since he was moved to the training yard (Arnold). Everyone has told me that it takes about a month after they start training. I am praying every day that he calls. Phones are so bad there. One day at a time. Please feel free to ask me anything about Susanville. Unfortunatly, I know a lot about visiting that place..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
BayAreaMom2014 (08-06-2018), jdsmom97 (02-07-2018), Sarianna (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj112801 View Post
Hi my cousin just got moved to Susanville but we have not heard from him at all. Just curious to know how long did it take you guys to receive a call or letter from your loved one? Also I have been waiting for 3 months to get approved for visitations but nothing. I tried calling Susanville but I get an answering machine. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Phones are bad there. My man calls me about once a month, if that. We rely on letters. Maybe your cousin needs envelopes and stamps. You can send him up to 40 of each, but I always just send 20. Write his name and cdc on the back of the stamp sheet.

You can try calling records to see if you were approved for visiting. He is supposed to tell you, but maybe you can find out quicker that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-06-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need to know72 View Post
How do you contact someone at Susanville to find out what release date an inmate has?
You can check https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov ...just search him and then click on his name.

Last edited by hopingwaiting; 02-06-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Sarianna (02-06-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingwaiting View Post
Hi there, Welcome!

My man has been in Susanville over a year since they moved him there after processing at San Quentin. He got his annual review in December 2017, just a month after his 1 year intake anniversary. He was a VIO, but had is points dropped, so he is eligible for camp. He started fire training about a month ago. I have not heard any update since he was moved to the training yard (Arnold). Everyone has told me that it takes about a month after they start training. I am praying every day that he calls. Phones are so bad there. One day at a time. Please feel free to ask me anything about Susanville. Unfortunatly, I know a lot about visiting that place..
HI, my son's been there a few months and I'm finally going to visit for the first time this weekend. I haven't had any kind of contact visit with him in over a year so I'm excited and terrified....I just don't know what to expect. I'm bringing lots of change so I can feed him lol!
He processed at Tracy. I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks after getting regular calla and letters so ive been worried.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for the welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsmom97 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-07-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
HI, my son's been there a few months and I'm finally going to visit for the first time this weekend. I haven't had any kind of contact visit with him in over a year so I'm excited and terrified....I just don't know what to expect. I'm bringing lots of change so I can feed him lol!
He processed at Tracy. I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks after getting regular calla and letters so ive been worried.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for the welcome!
You will do great. Make sure you are approved to visit. Your loved one will send you a form with his signature on it. You fill it out and send it back to the prison. Then he will tell you if you are approved. You probably already did this, just want to be sure.

From there sign up on VPASS for a visiting appointment. This is to speed up processing- your "time" is more like a place in line. So if you get a 8:45am for example, that means you go after the 8, 8:15, and 8:30s, not necessarily at 8:45. On that note, there is no reason to show up before 8am. They NEVER start early lol

Be sure to read the guidelines on attire. I've worn a conservative dress before that they said was see through cuz it caught the light. They notice EVERYTHING. Be sure to wear a sports bra, they will make you cut the wire out of your bra if you set off the metal detector. Basically, if you think it's pushing your luck, it probably is. I've never gotten away with anything and I'm adorable.

Before you go through the metal detector, be sure to buy tokens for a picture. Token machine is inside the building to the right. Bathroom on the left which you can totally use before you are processed.

Once you are processed, you will wait for a van to literally drive you two feet to the prison. You'll go in, sign in, show your stamp and ID to everyone who asks.

Once in the visitng room, you'll be assigned a table. Then you wait. And wait. And wait. Load up on snacks to pass the time. The good stuff does run out.

Any other questions, let me know.

ENJOY your visit!

Once you are processed

Bring $50 in ones. It's good to have some quarters as a back up, but ones are better, less heavy.

Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for the welcome!
You will do great. Make sure you are approved to visit. Your loved one will send you a form with his signature on it. You fill it out and send it back to the prison. Then he will tell you if you are approved. You probably already did this, just want to be sure.

From there sign up on VPASS for a visiting appointment. This is to speed up processing- your "time" is more like a place in line. So if you get a 8:45am for example, that means you go after the 8, 8:15, and 8:30s, not necessarily at 8:45. On that note, there is no reason to show up before 8am. They NEVER start early lol

Stay at Red Lion - you'd think the Best Western would be nicer, but it's really not. I felt WAY safer at Red Lion, probably because it is more enclosed; Best Western is like a motel feel. At RL, the free breakfast is onsite. At Best Western, you have to go across the street to the restaurant- they give you a limited menu (none of the good stuff.)

Be sure to read the guidelines on attire. I've worn a conservative dress before that they said was see through cuz it caught the light. They notice EVERYTHING. Be sure to wear a sports bra, they will make you cut the wire out of your bra if you set off the metal detector. Basically, if you think it's pushing your luck, it probably is. I've never gotten away with anything and I'm adorable.

Bring $50 in ones. It's good to have some quarters as a back up, but ones are better, less heavy.

Before you go through the metal detector, be sure to buy tokens for a picture. Token machine is inside the building to the right. Bathroom on the left which you can totally use before you are processed.

Once you are processed, you will wait for a van to literally drive you two feet to the prison. You'll go in, sign in, show your stamp and ID to everyone who asks.

Once in the visitng room, you'll be assigned a table. Then you wait. And wait. And wait. Load up on snacks to pass the time. The good stuff does run out.

After your visit, try and say good bye near the exit gate so you are first in line out of there. I've gotten stuck at the end of the line before and it sucks.

Any other questions, let me know.

ENJOY your visit!

Last edited by hopingwaiting; 02-08-2018 at 10:25 AM..
Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:28 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I have done most everything you said but just getting verified by someone who has done it is awesome. I really appreciate it. I'm staying at the Super 8 I think...really nervous, very excited to see him but scared to death of the unknown. Thanks for making it a little easier!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsmom97 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 05:46 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

Hopingwaiting --- you are very helpful, just wanted to say a huge THANKS to you as well

Old 02-10-2018, 10:22 AM

You are all so very welcome! I went in with no info ao I wanted to be sure I documented it for you ladies. It gets better. Hang in there. This whole thing has taught me to be ready for anything and be grateful for everything! Lots of love and have a great visit.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:12 PM

Unhappy California correctional center B facility

Hey my husband got transferred to ccc susanville last Wednesday I haven't heard from him ever since. Dose anyone by any chance know how long dose it take to receive a call from ur inmate? -Thank yuh
Old 04-05-2018, 10:33 AM

It has been 3 weeks since my son was transferred to Susanville from DVI. I have received mail from him and he said he would be getting a phone call soon and would probably hear from him before I receive his letter but no call and it has been over a week. Does anyone have any updated info on inmates phone calls? Thank you
Old 05-17-2018, 11:39 PM

Wondering is someone can help?
MY son saw committee last week and was told he is minimum custody know and that he is going to fire camp and they told him his new release date at 33% but it does not make sense. His prior date was 04/2021 and now his consular told him his new date is 02/2020.He asked his friend and the way he calculated is for every month he gets 10 day credit but i thought is like this (36 months/33%=11 months 8 days.)
Very confused, please help out ?????
Old 08-06-2018, 11:46 AM

Was the training in Southern California?
Old 08-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
Wondering is someone can help?
MY son saw committee last week and was told he is minimum custody know and that he is going to fire camp and they told him his new release date at 33% but it does not make sense. His prior date was 04/2021 and now his consular told him his new date is 02/2020.He asked his friend and the way he calculated is for every month he gets 10 day credit but i thought is like this (36 months/33%=11 months 8 days.)
Very confused, please help out ?????

When he got to CCC how long did it take to see the committee? Was he transferred or was this his reception? My boyfriend was transferred here from CIM so I was wondering how long it took till they posted his NV release date?