Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:15 PM

Default What to do if someone calls Warden to get someone in prison into trouble?

Hi, My daughter is in prison in Vandalia, Missouri. There is a girl outside of prison who has called the warden 3 times telling lies that my daughter is harassing her. My daughter has done everything she can think of to get her to stop.caseworker will not help her. She says she is a civilian so they can't do anything. But my daughter is threatens to get locked down each time.my daughters boyfriend of 3 years started see this girl after she went to prison. He has since tried to break up with her. He is in jail now and writing my daughter, this girl found out and is mad. My daughter has had the prison monitor her mail to prove she is not write or calling this girl. Caseworker asked her if she has any letters for proof and girl said she got mad and tore them up. She called last week and told the warden she is married to ex boyfriend (which is a lie) and put a cease and desist order on my daughter to stop writing ex boyfriend. Can anyone help me figure out what to do before she gets locked down for 10 days.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 07:24 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,526 Times in 13,756 Posts

The prison can & will investigate if they think there is any truth or actionable violations. Mail and phones are already monitored. And somehow I doubt if they'll take this girl too seriously if she has a different "tattletale" story every time she calls.

Take a step back, Breathe!! and let your daughter handle her business

Welcome to PTO!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-05-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (12-04-2017), Ms Sunny (12-03-2017), safran (12-02-2017), Sarianna (12-03-2017), Scott (12-03-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,700 Times in 10,101 Posts

The 'girl' can't ask for a protection order/cease and desist order filed if she's not the target. He would have to file that.

And, as patch said, her calls and letters are monitored, so she has an affirmative defense that all her communications are known.

The only other question is if your daughter and he have permission to write each other.
Sarianna (12-03-2017), Scott (12-03-2017), xolady (12-04-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 12:26 PM

She did have permission to write him. Some how this girl who said she is married to him but isn't got a cease and dissist order put on my daughter not to write him. She went to open door to speak with counselor. And resieved a letter from ex boyfriend ten minutes before going in. She let the counselor read the letter and asked if it sounded like he didnt want her to write him. The couselor said no, but there was nothing she could do about it. The girl has called 4 times and said different stuff but cant prove any of it. But my daughter was put under investigation and even locked down for 3 days while they investigated. She had a block put on all mail from this girl but still recieved to letters since. Was told they must have slipped through! Also he did not do it because she got a letter same day as the order!
Old 12-03-2017, 12:47 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 573 Posts

Personally, I think your daughter should cut off all communication herself just for peace of mind. If everything is being watched and she has done nothing wrong, there shouldn't be an issue.

Can you get a lawyer for harassment issues on your daughter for this person?

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
xolady (12-07-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Not uncommon thing in jail. Your daughter needs to let the investigation go where it must. If we can see what's going on in your brief description, then the warden can see.
But they must do their do dilligence, and follow the investigation through.
I'm sure this girl will continue to send mail with false return addresses, so your daughter should save any.
As long as your daughter is doing he'd part, time will clear it up.
BTW that boyfriend needs to be out of pic, he's toxic.
There is nothing anybody can do to control that kind of female drama, but just remember to carry on as normal, give her no attention, and they ALWAYS dig their own ho!es and fall it. Its not easy, Mom, but she will get past this.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:46 AM

Thanked 9,867 Times in 5,544 Posts

This is apparently not a stable relationship. Sounds like daughter would do best to cut bait and find a new fishing hole...

As to the unit, there is nothing to do to prevent calls from an outside entity. The unit absolutely can screen the incoming AND outgoing mail. If there is nothing to the claims, then the matter goes away. The concern comes in the 'has done everything to get her to stop' which suggests there is some manner of communication between the two women...

And quit tearing up potential evidence of wrong-doing...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (12-04-2017), xolady (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:39 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,548 Times in 13,145 Posts

I'd agree maybe its time to dump the *boyfriend*
And I'd read the op's post to mean the other girl said she torn up the letters, not the daughter.
Man, that girl sounds like a nut case.

I hope things settle down for your daughter soon. Enough drama as it is without adding some nutjob into the mix.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,173 Posts

I think your daughter needs to grow up and stop communicating with the boyfriend and I'm sure it's not ok to be writing other facilities at all!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (12-04-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 PM

My daughter is not the one who tore anything up. The case worker talked to the girl on the outside who said my daughter was sending her letters , and asked ger if she had the letter to prove it. The other girl said she got mad and tore iit up. Because sge never got a letter from my daughter in the first place. She is just trying to keep getting her in trouble. Has never had proof of anything, but my daught gets put under investigation everytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
This is apparently not a stable relationship. Sounds like daughter would do best to cut bait and find a new fishing hole...

As to the unit, there is nothing to do to prevent calls from an outside entity. The unit absolutely can screen the incoming AND outgoing mail. If there is nothing to the claims, then the matter goes away. The concern comes in the 'has done everything to get her to stop' which suggests there is some manner of communication between the two women...

And quit tearing up potential evidence of wrong-doing...
Old 12-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dloree View Post
My daughter is not the one who tore anything up. The case worker talked to the girl on the outside who said my daughter was sending her letters , and asked ger if she had the letter to prove it. The other girl said she got mad and tore iit up. Because sge never got a letter from my daughter in the first place. She is just trying to keep getting her in trouble. Has never had proof of anything, but my daught gets put under investigation everytime.
There is nothing just about any of this. If I were you, I would counter with a call to the wardens office. Explain your side of the story. I would also file a complaint with the local police department. Maybe after them speaking to her, if they do, she will stop. Something on official record can only help. Get a POA from your daughter. That will help with any outside dealings you may have to conduct on her behalf, possibly including filing charges on her behalf.
Believe it or not, inmates do have rights, albeit basic rights.

Last edited by Nitewolf047; 12-07-2017 at 06:23 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitewolf047 For This Useful Post:
nimuay (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 09:39 PM

You can basically do nothing because it is prison, don't expect to be treated fairly, even with or without a complaint system in your jurisdiction, you are an outsider, he is the one doing the time, you can't help much even if you want to. When I was in jail I was also treated unfairly but I learned to let it go and cope with the system, you should him talk to him, give him support and ask him to stay strong, it may help since you are his relative, it is always better for you to say this than the prison officer as he may listen to your advice.