Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in South Carolina that do not fit into any other South Carolina subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Default New here: Can someone please help me my son just left for Kirkland

Can someone please help me my son just left for Kirkland I am in Anderson s.c I need support ty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby56 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-06-2017), fbopnomore (12-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2017, 02:03 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,530 Times in 13,757 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO! I've moved your post to the South Carolina forum & gave you your own thread

I'm not familiar with South Carolina, but I am familiar with the Roller Coaster of having a loved one in prison

Take a deep breath, read a lot of posts / threads and feel free reply to other members and/or to post your own thread with questions you have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-06-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,877 Times in 2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Hello & welcome to PTO! I've moved your post to the South Carolina forum & gave you your own thread

I'm not familiar with South Carolina, but I am familiar with the Roller Coaster of having a loved one in prison

Take a deep breath, read a lot of posts / threads and feel free reply to other members and/or to post your own thread with questions you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby56 View Post
Can someone please help me my son just left for Kirkland I am in Anderson s.c I need support ty
As Patchouli shared, stop for a moment and just exhale.

I commend you for taking the step to reach out to others for support as this journey with our loved ones through their incarceration can be one of the most challenging in our lives, but you do not have to feel...alone. PTO has been one of the greatest resources I have found and everyone here has extended virtual hugs and advice...some with honey, a little with salt, but with love in the truest form!

I'm not sure of your son's status but Kirkland is the first step. He can be there from 30 days or a few months depending one how he's classified and bed space. He will not be able to call you often once he's there and receives a limited amount of envelopes and writing materials. Go to the SCDC website and find his contact information (to write him and mail cards). The first letter he receives from you will be like the warmest hug. If you search the SC threads you'll find out about the process there and what follows.

This site is like Walmart there's a little bit of everything you need in one spot so don't limit yourself to the South Carolina portion of this forum, venture around.

Please don't be a stranger
patchouli (12-06-2017), safran (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 04:34 PM

I ty so much I did get a letter he called last night he says it was terrible and he was hungry I have cryed all day I don't know what to do he is my only son he is 27 but still my baby I have looked all over the net for help and I found this site ty so much. Ty shelby
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby56 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,877 Times in 2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby56 View Post
I ty so much I did get a letter he called last night he says it was terrible and he was hungry I have cryed all day I don't know what to do he is my only son he is 27 but still my baby I have looked all over the net for help and I found this site ty so much. Ty shelby
It's going to take time not to worry about him too much, but you must continue to take care of and love on you in order to be able to support him.
patchouli (12-06-2017), safran (12-06-2017)