Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJustice

Well, how did it go? Is he home now? I'm a little worried about the parking thing. There is a sign that says we have to park on the side of the road to stay out of the way of employees until they let us in. Someone posted that 78 guys graduated yesterday. How do 78 cars park on the side of a dirt road in the middle of BFE. If you're to busy with your homecoming to answer this post I will understand completely.
It went ok I guess. I couldn't go to graduation due to NCO but his mom went. I know u only have to wait to park if ur there before a certain time. I think 715??? And it was 38 guys that graduated with J yesterday! He is at a HWH now. Hopefully he will be able to be home SOON!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeysgirl425 View Post
It went ok I guess. I couldn't go to graduation due to NCO but his mom went. I know u only have to wait to park if ur there before a certain time. I think 715??? And it was 38 guys that graduated with J yesterday! He is at a HWH now. Hopefully he will be able to be home SOON!!!!!
I guess my worries exagerated the size of the problem LOL!

Hope your guy is home soon!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJustice

I guess my worries exagerated the size of the problem LOL!

Hope your guy is home soon!
Hahaha!!! My worries tend to exaggerate things too!!'

We are hoping J will be home soon. He is adjusting to the HWH well, already started work, and starts his anger mgmt/DV class monday. He has has the chance to spend some time with the kids, which was nice for them. I'm ready for my turn for sure!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Joeysgirl425 For This Useful Post:
RAJustice (04-18-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 AM

well what happens when u cant pick them up?? I know they get on a bus but how do you know when they will make it to detroit?? Or what greyhound bus do they get on i tried looking it up but i didnt have any luck .. can someone let me know something?????
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

if they can not be picked up they can arrange for bus transportation to the closest bus station to home. If you have a bus station in your town thats where it would go.

Why don't you call the faclility and ask to make sure?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 AM

My bf will be home Aug. 1st. His parole officer will be doing a home check Friday (July 6th) how does that go? I am really nervous!! Anybody know what he'll be checking for? On top of him coming hone the 1st, I'm due to have our 3rd on the 5th! Everything is happeniat once.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Hi everyone I didn't know how to post my own thread so I posted here sorry :/ well anyways I was wondering how old you have to be to watch someone graduate from
SAI?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM

Default When will I know if he can come home?

My husband is in the SAI boot camp program and only has 27 days left!! about a month ago I heard from an agent where he is at asking me if he had permission to live with me? lol of course I said yes, then he asked if I was a felon (no) and how long I have lived in my home. I recently moved to Indiana, right on the border of Michigan and the agent said that that was fine but since I hadn't lived there long that could be a problem, and that I would get more information when my husband was close to his release date. Which is now and I haven't gotten a call from anyone, and I am getting worried. Should I be getting a call soon? When do they usually call? Shouldn't they be coming to my house to do some type of inspection? It is cutting it close and I do not want anything to go wrong now that we are so close. Can somebody give me some information on their experience with this?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Unhappy SAI Boot Camp in Chelsea is now MEN ONLY!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Special Alternative Incarceration "boot camp" in/near Waterloo, Michigan, has permanently removed all female prisoners from the facility. To the best of my knowledge (info told to me over the phone from a Sargent at SAI this evening): last week, all female prisoners were removed from the Boot Camp to "finish out" back at Huron Valley Women's Correctional Facility. The Sargent wasn't able to tell me just why this move was made, either.

Sorry for so little information, but as you all--I'm sure--already know, prison guards are not legally able to give out diddley-squat in the way of info when it comes to getting answers to the status of prisoners......like where the heck is my daughter now~??, and why were all the women moved back to Huron Valley?? So frustrating...

Blessings~

Cdogger76
The Following User Says Thank You to Cdogger76 For This Useful Post:
reeebok (02-14-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 PM

They moved all the women back to huron valley so they can have more freedom, when they were with the men at the camp 500 men to 48 women the women couldn't move around much because of all the males (afraid of them having sex). Therefore the smart choice would be for them to move to Huron Valley, where they can do more and not have to worry about the men.
Now the program can be more beneficial to the women.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:43 AM

I don't know how much more movement and ability to do more there is. Talked with my wife they are so overcrowded they are taking over closets, offices, or any other room they can to house them.

I WILL BE STRONG FOR HER SO WE WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN SOON!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 AM

There is alot more, just in the few days I was at the bootcamp after it moved, we got to do so much more, it used to be we were stuck in a classroom all day doing nothing(yeah im serious) to actually having the classes we were supposed to, doing pt everyday and other activities.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 AM

Guess they shouldnt have closed the other womens prisons lol then it wouldnt be so overcrowded
Old 07-27-2014, 06:12 PM

Hello everyone! My boyfriend is in Sai program in Chelsea mi and I was wondering does anyone know how long it takes to receive a phone call? What days can they use the phone? Also what times are they allowed to call out? If anybody can help me I would really appreciate it a lot.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:36 PM

Exclamation Questions about SAI Camp

My husband saw the camp people a week after he was in quarantine. They told him that they had to send a letter to the judge to see if she approved it. They told him that if she didn't he would receive a letter from her explaining why. Well that was over 50 days age. He is sitting in Bellamy and has not received a letter from her. Everyone else that got their letters sent out around the same time have received their denial letters, but he has not received anything. I have called around everywhere trying to find out if he got accepted and if so when he will be transferred. Everyone else waiting on the camp in his block has already been transferred. Can someone please give me some info. I am getting stressed. If he does not get transferred soon he will not be out in time for the birth of our daughter. I just want to start counting down the days for him to come home.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Donation Award 

Default bootcamp

I really don't have any helpful information for you. I am facing some of the same questions regarding my daughter who seems to be sitting at Huron Valley even though she was court ordered into boot camp.
There seems no way to get information! The one piece of information I was able to get came from a lawyer who represents indigent inmates up for parole. He said it is not unusual for men to wait 6-8 weeks just to get in the SAI program. Their time with the general population does not count toward their SAI sentence.
I feel crazy enough about my daughter, I can't imagine how you feel with a child on the way. I hope you can get information soon.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Bree

Default Newbie with questions.

My husband just got sent to quarantine two days ago but I know he is interested in SAI bootcamp. Is there anything I can do out here to help him or is that something he applies for while in quarantine? He got 23 months for possession and he's never been to prison before. Can someone please shed some light on how I can get letters to him and what happens next?