Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
~~Pick & Babe~~

Default How can I see who is on a visiting list?

Can Someone Obtain A Copy Of The Inmates Visiting List?
Or Call To See Who Is On The List?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM
life changes you

They will not tell you who is on the list because of confidentiality rules. they aren't suppose to tell you. I have heard that they have & then got in trouble. They wouldn't even tell me that my brother was on the list. And I had his name, birthday, address, & cell phone number. It is because they told someone who was on the list and the woman went & beat up the other woman on the list.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Account Closed

You can ask your man to send you a copy of the list (phone list too)
Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM

Are you trying to figure out if you've been approved yet? They'll notify him (or I believe IA DOC will still notify you directly if you enclosed a SASE with your visiting application).

If you're trying to figure out who's on the list so you can set up a visiting schedule or carpool, just ask him. He'll know as soon as an applicant is approved. It's always good to keep him abreast of the visiting schedule so he knows which visitor to expect and can prepare for it.

If you're trying to figure this out because you think he's cheating, asking him for a copy of his lists won't do you much good. Remember that in IA, prisoners can change the visiting and phone lists pretty frequently. In fact, very frequently compared to some other states.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Account Closed

As far as the cheating, my thought was that if that was what she was thinking and she asks him and he has someone on there he's not supposed to, then odds are he's going to make excuses about sending the form.

Changing the visiting list isn't that simple. IF someone is cheating, he's not going to want to take the other person off because he can't add that person back for six months.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
life changes you

Another way to see if he is cheating is to just show up unannounced one day. If he acts strange that might be a sign.

Or I know in Anamosa, each inmate has a card with all the visitors listed on it. If that is the case then she could ask the guard a question & while she is talking just look down at the list. That is what I do from time to time. I know who is on the list but I like to double check that his first wife hasn't slipped on the list without my or his knowing. She has tried. I just saw her on the list & asked him & he went up & asked. then had her removed.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:44 PM

You can also tell him to go into his counselor and fill out a paper for a release of information. That way if they go to the hole or if you have any questions the counselor has to tell you.
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you

If I ain't got you with me baby
Nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing
If I ain't got you with me baby
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Yes, a release form is helpful in a variety of situations. Good reminder, Misserinjoy.

LiveAndLearn might not even be remotely concerned about cheating, but for others who stumble upon this thread . . . . Remember that many prisoners have emotional/phone/letter affairs with women who are clear across the county (or even out of this county). Often these women can only afford to visit infrequently--semi-annually, annually, or even bi-annually. So providing a "cleaned-up" visiting list for a wife is really no problem at all for a prisoner who's mastered the game.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:06 PM
<3

Good point pockets!!
Old 12-04-2017, 09:44 AM

How do you find out if an inmate is being visited by another person? I already know the person is on the list, I just want to know if she is visiting.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Thanked 4,054 Times in 2,179 Posts

The only way you can find out this is ask the inmate!!! Besides its not anyone's business but his.