Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Donation Award 

Default More telmate fees for phone deposits in Oregon

Was just attempting to add some money to my brothers phone account and telmate is now adding a 3.95 fee for phone deposits????

Anyone else experiencing this? Nearly a half hour of phone time as a fee. Ugh.

Thank goodness we're on the home stretch. My bro was just transferred to AIP at Baker for the final 8 months of his 6 year sentance!! I can't believe we made it.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,244 Posts

I thought Telmate always had a fee for phone deposits. I may be misunderstanding your question - do you mean deposits made by phone (as opposed to using their website) or do you mean deposits for use with the Telmate phone system?

Online deposits have always had a fee associated with them, the larger the deposit, the larger the fee. A couple of years ago, the credit card companies also started tacking on a cash advance charge for any monies deposited for commissary use.

Congrats on your brother being in the home stretch! I remember when you were new here, so it doesn't seem like it's been that long to me, but I'm sure that to you and him both, it's felt like forever!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:51 PM

I added a deposit last night through the android app on my phone and there was no fee. My husband made a deposit over the phone and there was a fee.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosemary5293 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 05:24 AM

Probably you confused his phone with the commissary account. You can chose between three:

1) YOUR friends and family account (no fee)
2) Inmate account (for phones, video visits and messaging - no fee)
3) Inmate Trust/Commissary Account (fees 3.95 to 5.95)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs_Tudor For This Useful Post:
GingerM (06-07-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Tudor View Post
Probably you confused his phone with the commissary account. You can chose between three:

1) YOUR friends and family account (no fee)
2) Inmate account (for phones, video visits and messaging - no fee)
3) Inmate Trust/Commissary Account (fees 3.95 to 5.95)
I have a question, the just installed this where my husband is and they only offer the messaging and photo sharing. My husband is not very tech savvy but for the most part we've figured it out except for the photos. Ive sent or uploaded photos of the kids and they were approved and clicked to share with him but he doesnt know where to find them. I do not know what their tablets look like and where to tell him to look so any help would be greatly appreciated otherwise ive wasted 2.00 lol.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,244 Posts

Does he have an mp4 player? He should be able to easily find it on there. If he knows any other person inside who communicates via email with an mp3/mp4 player, they should be able to show him how to get pictures.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Does he have an mp4 player? He should be able to easily find it on there. If he knows any other person inside who communicates via email with an mp3/mp4 player, they should be able to show him how to get pictures.
They have 3 tablets in each dorm, so its pretty much new to every one.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Im sorry for not answering better had just woke up. They have 3 tablets in each dorm of like 20 pple. His facility only uses the messaging, photo sharing and the entertainment stuff on the tablets. Um they do dont offer like the individual devices and its new to everyone there so they are all pretty clueless. Lol but thanks for replying.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:11 PM

They had them at osp and Santiam. I always put money on the getting out app for messaging and phone. All of his commissary went through J pay and there was a fee. As far as pictures we never figured that out so would just change our profile pics occasionally on the getting out messaging. I also had an app with Walgreens that printed pic I could sent for .26 cents each.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-04-2017), Sarancam416 (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
They had them at osp and Santiam. I always put money on the getting out app for messaging and phone. All of his commissary went through J pay and there was a fee. As far as pictures we never figured that out so would just change our profile pics occasionally on the getting out messaging. I also had an app with Walgreens that printed pic I could sent for .26 cents each.
Thanks yeah i went ahead and had them printed if i would have known wouldnt have added any lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarancam416 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-04-2017)