Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/NZ Parole, Probation & Release Forum Use this forum for topics concerning parole, probation and release in relation to Aus/NZ prisons.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:10 AM
Arohanui Pepa
Donation Award 

Default Stupid Parole hearing

Ok, long story short ( well short for me lol )
I have been married for a year and a half now. My Hubby is an Ex con
While he was locked up, he made a friend in there.
To this day, the three of us are all good mates

So our friend was going up for Parole last week. He still has another 5 years in prison to do. We had our name down for him to live. The Parole officer came around all was good. he gave the house the all clear, he also said, because my hubby has been in prison for the same kind of crime it was a "good" thing, as it meant he knew what our friend would be going though, and how to help him. And also the same with me, because I had already been though it, it meant I was a really good support person.
While hes been locked up. ( just about 6 years) he has done all the courses he was told to do, and more, hes not been in trouble, been to and passed all his counselling etc. Everyone thought the same thing, that he should get the parole this time ( not his first time trying for it) Two of his sisters went to the hearing, but I was not able to make it, I was meant to go, but due to be laid up in bed sick, I just wasnt able to make it.

We then get a phone call saying he didnt get parole.. the reason being.
When he was asked personal questions about my Hubby and I, he wasnt able to answer them. And the panel were more interested in the charges my Hubby had when locked up, then about my friend.
Also, because there is a 16 year age gap between my hubby and I. The panel decided, that we went being honest, and our friend was going to be part of some kind of twisted love triangle.
And..... Because we decided when we got married, my hubby would take on my name. The panel decided he was trying to hide...
OMG it was sooooo stupid...
In other words, they had already made up their minds, that the didnt want to let him out yet, so they would make any excuse they could to not let him out. And because I wasnt there to defend myself or my hubby, the panel just used my hubby as their weak excuse.

btw, the questions they asked our friend were things like
- Why would they be together with a big age difference?
- Are you only want to live there, so you can get with her, as you are closer to her age then he is.
- Why did he take on her name?
- Do you know the reason ***** was in prison?
- How long was he in for?
- Why are you friend with him?
- If something happened between you and her, how would that affect your friendship?

It was a lot more personal questions too, but I cant think of them at the moment..

So yeah, he didnt get the parole, so annoying and sad

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma_Bear View Post
Ok, long story short ( well short for me lol )

I have been married for a year and a half now. My Hubby is an Ex con

While he was locked up, he made a friend in there.

To this day, the three of us are all good mates

So our friend was going up for Parole last week. He still has another 5 years in prison to do. We had our name down for him to live. The Parole officer came around all was good. he gave the house the all clear, he also said, because my hubby has been in prison for the same kind of crime it was a "good" thing, as it meant he knew what our friend would be going though, and how to help him. And also the same with me, because I had already been though it, it meant I was a really good support person.

While hes been locked up. ( just about 6 years) he has done all the courses he was told to do, and more, hes not been in trouble, been to and passed all his counselling etc. Everyone thought the same thing, that he should get the parole this time ( not his first time trying for it) Two of his sisters went to the hearing, but I was not able to make it, I was meant to go, but due to be laid up in bed sick, I just wasnt able to make it.

We then get a phone call saying he didnt get parole.. the reason being.

When he was asked personal questions about my Hubby and I, he wasnt able to answer them. And the panel were more interested in the charges my Hubby had when locked up, then about my friend.

Also, because there is a 16 year age gap between my hubby and I. The panel decided, that we went being honest, and our friend was going to be part of some kind of twisted love triangle.

And..... Because we decided when we got married, my hubby would take on my name. The panel decided he was trying to hide...

OMG it was sooooo stupid...

In other words, they had already made up their minds, that the didnt want to let him out yet, so they would make any excuse they could to not let him out. And because I wasnt there to defend myself or my hubby, the panel just used my hubby as their weak excuse.

btw, the questions they asked our friend were things like

- Why would they be together with a big age difference?

- Are you only want to live there, so you can get with her, as you are closer to her age then he is.

- Why did he take on her name?

- Do you know the reason ***** was in prison?

- How long was he in for?

- Why are you friend with him?

- If something happened between you and her, how would that affect your friendship?

It was a lot more personal questions too, but I cant think of them at the moment..

So yeah, he didnt get the parole, so annoying and sad

What a load of bullshit! Why on earth would they take more interest in you and your husband than his case? Seems absolutely crazy some of the questions they asked. Who cares if there’s an age gap between the two of you? There’s almost 8 and a half between my partner and myself. I’m sorry to hear about your friend. When can he be eligible again?