Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:55 AM
Ashbash100's Avatar
Ashbash100 Ashbash100 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: United States ca
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default What are Family Visits like at Fire Camp? Have to be married before prison?

I'm curious in order to get conjugal visits and family visits in California do you have to have already been married before he went in or can you get married while he's locked down and still get that ? Also what are the family visits like at fire camp ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 AM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 1,921
Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbash100 View Post
I'm curious in order to get conjugal visits and family visits in California do you have to have already been married before he went in or can you get married while he's locked down and still get that ? Also what are the family visits like at fire camp ?
No you dont have to be married prior to get family visits. Sorry I've never been to Fire Camp so cant help you with that. Remember also, being married doesnt automatically mean you get family visits, they have to apply and qualify. Good luck
__________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2017, 01:24 AM
Ashbash100's Avatar
Ashbash100 Ashbash100 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: United States ca
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
No you dont have to be married prior to get family visits. Sorry I've never been to Fire Camp so cant help you with that. Remember also, being married doesnt automatically mean you get family visits, they have to apply and qualify. Good luck


Thank you so much ! Have you ever had a family visit before ? What is it like ? And how often do you get them ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 AM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 1,921
Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbash100 View Post
Thank you so much ! Have you ever had a family visit before ? What is it like ? And how often do you get them ?
Yes. I get them every 60-80 days but that will depend on their privilege level and the prison he is at. They are amazing. lol You stay in a little apartment like unit with a kitchen,bedroom, bathroom, television, couch, etc. The setup and amount of days will also depend on the prison.
__________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Ashbash100's Avatar
Ashbash100 Ashbash100 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: United States ca
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Yes. I get them every 60-80 days but that will depend on their privilege level and the prison he is at. They are amazing. lol You stay in a little apartment like unit with a kitchen,bedroom, bathroom, television, couch, etc. The setup and amount of days will also depend on the prison.


Wow sorry for all the questions but that's very exciting and your kids get to stay with you as well ?? I have 2 kids that's why I'm wondering if I was lucky enough to get family visits would the kids get to come also ? Also how long did it take for you to get approved for them ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2017, 01:22 PM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 1,921
Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbash100 View Post
Wow sorry for all the questions but that's very exciting and your kids get to stay with you as well ?? I have 2 kids that's why I'm wondering if I was lucky enough to get family visits would the kids get to come also ? Also how long did it take for you to get approved for them ?
Yes you can take your kids. After we were eligible it took about 3 weeks to get approved and about 2 months to get a date but that was 5 years ago. It may be different now.
__________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 AM
Ashbash100's Avatar
Ashbash100 Ashbash100 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: United States ca
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALWAYS HERE 4 M View Post
Yes you can take your kids. After we were eligible it took about 3 weeks to get approved and about 2 months to get a date but that was 5 years ago. It may be different now.

Wow that's awesome thank you for replying .... so how many days do you usually get on your visits with you and your man ? I know you're so excited I would be anticipating every visit lol . Also do you know how long the marriage process is ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 PM
ALWAYS HERE 4 M's Avatar
ALWAYS HERE 4 M ALWAYS HERE 4 M is offline
Still loving my hubby...
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,743
Thanks: 1,921
Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,179 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbash100 View Post
Wow that's awesome thank you for replying .... so how many days do you usually get on your visits with you and your man ? I know you're so excited I would be anticipating every visit lol . Also do you know how long the marriage process is ?
Yes ma'am. Counting down the days
Most prisons are 48 hours. Where we are now we get 72 hours. Im not sure about the marriage process, I didnt get married at the prison sorry.
__________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Susanville Fire Camp Training, need info on Family Visits JohnsRide"r"Die California Fire Camps 4 11-20-2017 02:54 PM
Family Visits After Being Married in Prison? akmichael California Prison Visitation - General Q&A 9 04-25-2016 09:07 AM
Fire Camp Family Visits PinkieCA California Fire Camps 10 05-21-2013 10:32 PM
Family Visits in Fire camp? balindax77 California Fire Camps 2 12-02-2007 06:20 PM
Fire Camp Family Visits MARINS WIFEY California Prison Visitation - General Q&A 3 07-12-2007 11:16 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics