Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleysmamma View Post
no all he did was meet with someone from app. like a counselor but not his counselor an act one
Until he goes to committee he will know if he's approved or not. Have you received a call from a PO agent from Sacramento asking questions about the home and who lives there? You can call 916-464-2724 to ask the status on the application. If they don't answer leave a message they are pretty good on calling you back. When I called they still had not received my husband application and as I was on the phone with them. They sent an email to the prison and within a week or two I received the call asking all the general questions. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 AM

Oh really ? thank you so much I appreciate that
Old 08-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Mrs. Balderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Z View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Alternative Custody Program (ACP) for men? My LO is in NKSP in reception and just put an application in and put me as where he would be staying. I know this program was originally was a program for women with families and was recently opened up for men. My LO is a first time offender, no priors, committed a white collar crime, 39 years old. He's working in the kitchen and has moved up and has a recommendation from a guard in his file as someone trustworthy. I've spoken to his counselor about the program but he didn't seem to know anything about ACP. By the time his counselor sees him, my LO will have 23 months left on his sentence. Any info would be appreciated.
Hi my husband is trying to apply for that now he's ALSO too. How & where can he apply your info is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:05 PM

so got the call saying they want to come look at the house and they are expediting his application idk why i think the lost his last paperwork or something...they said he should be home 2-3 weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to Haleysmamma For This Useful Post:
ALWAYS HERE 4 M (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 01:42 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,178 Posts

Quote:
so got the call saying they want to come look at the house and they are expediting his application idk why i think the lost his last paperwork or something...they said he should be home 2-3 weeks
Congratulations!!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Just wondering how that process went and whether or not your loved one came home already? I'm curious because my husband is going through this process now. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:

That's great news!! My husband filled out his application, yesterday. There's just one thing we need clarified. Can you tell me who needs to write the Justification Letter that is to be submitted with the application? Does he need to write it or do I?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM

Default Anyone have info on Alternative Custody Program (ACP) for males?

Hello

Does anyone have any info on the acp programs for males? My man just got an update on his application that it has been sent ti women and children service's for further screening. I got the call from probation. Does anyone know the next steps? Or what timeframes we might be looking at? Thanks
Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,304 Times in 13,647 Posts

Perhaps this will help explain the process:

https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Doc...ta=(sc.Default)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:18 PM

Default hi, how does this program work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'sWifey View Post
It takes awhile. They have to go up in front of a committee and do the home inspection, financial evaluation, etc. Mine was originally approved as well but because of a misdemeanor warrant hold, he's stuck there.
hi, I was wondering if u can help me a bit w some info. when they do the home inspection do they come to the house? and what do they check? what do you need? my LO will be applying for this program. how long is the whole proccess? so they get to serve their time at home or exactly how does this work?
Old 11-11-2017, 12:11 AM

hi guys, I'm new here. can someone please help me. I need information on the acp program. how does it work? I'm confused. he does his time at home? Or what programs in LA are the ones they can go to? do they go to ur house and actually check it? I'm I suppose to do the application for him? help please
Old 11-16-2017, 08:24 PM

Hello my boyfriend is asking me about this program. How exactly does it work and how long does it take. Not much on internet about it