Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsalie View Post
can you call out at crc during lock down
No not until the lockdown is lifted, sorry
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 AM

If I go to vistit my husband in prison at Lorain correctional inst.with my belter inlaw wil it count as one of my vistits? I get 2 a month Bcuz he's in reception and I wanted Togo see him with my brother inlaw so that way my husband can see our son more thx
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,144 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinaday View Post
If I go to vistit my husband in prison at Lorain correctional inst.with my belter inlaw wil it count as one of my vistits? I get 2 a month Bcuz he's in reception and I wanted Togo see him with my brother inlaw so that way my husband can see our son more thx
It counts as one of your visits, sorry
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy100 View Post
my husbands search for number comes up no records found how long does it take to get number

I have also been looking to find my husband online. he is in the CRC facility in Orient. I cannot find him anywhere, it was telling me no records found, also. If you find out anything please let me know how to do it. He has been in there since March 25,2011.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 PM

It took my love just about before he was moved to his parent instituion before I could find him on the website for ODRC inmate search. Since its only been a few weeks they may not have it updated as of yet. Keep trying back at least once a week. It will be there eventually. Since he is your husband you should be able to call down there and get his inmate number. Its frustrating I know. Hope this helps out some. Maybe somebody with more info will come along and help you out more.
Be Blessed,
April

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPalmer123 View Post
I have also been looking to find my husband online. he is in the CRC facility in Orient. I cannot find him anywhere, it was telling me no records found, also. If you find out anything please let me know how to do it. He has been in there since March 25,2011.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Donation Award 

That's weird because I found my man and cousin on the website immediately. they update late at night. All I know is I am over CRC and want him to move. He's been there for 6mo and may have to stay 2 more. So tired of it.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes always perseveres. Love never fails.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:46 AM

I too found my friend immediately after transfer to CRC from the local jail - it is strange that it is taking this long for you. Maybe a call to the facility is in order???
Old 01-04-2017, 12:55 PM

Default My guy is in crc

My boyfriend is in CRC right now he been there since December 16th how long do they usually keep them there before he gets to his base where he goes? Also he said I been approved for his visit list he said he felled out the information and that I was approved but I have a question he didn't put my middle name on there just my first and last name and the information that he had to well my ID has my middle initial does that matter? I never been to see anyone in prison also do you have to see them in CRC before he goes to where he goes or can I see him when he gets to the other place I sent him money to his trust account and it said I was approved to sent it that it went to his account so does that mean I'm on his list because I tried to send a cousin of mine money and it said I wasn't on his list but it let me do my boyfriend also why didn't I have to fell out a paper but it said I'm approved because before it didn't let me set just video on Jaypay because I wasn't on the inmates list now when I tried a few weeks ago it said that I am and can set up a video
Old 01-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth1984 View Post
My boyfriend is in CRC right now he been there since December 16th how long do they usually keep them there before he gets to his base where he goes? Also he said I been approved for his visit list he said he felled out the information and that I was approved but I have a question he didn't put my middle name on there just my first and last name and the information that he had to well my ID has my middle initial does that matter? I never been to see anyone in prison also do you have to see them in CRC before he goes to where he goes or can I see him when he gets to the other place I sent him money to his trust account and it said I was approved to sent it that it went to his account so does that mean I'm on his list because I tried to send a cousin of mine money and it said I wasn't on his list but it let me do my boyfriend also why didn't I have to fell out a paper but it said I'm approved because before it didn't let me set just video on Jaypay because I wasn't on the inmates list now when I tried a few weeks ago it said that I am and can set up a video
I know the initial days are the most stressful for loved ones outside, and the inmate's ability to communicate from CRC can be limited. I'm not an expert but here is what I know from my experience.

The amount of time it takes for them to get their classification and move can vary. Last I knew, if there was any kind of mental health assessment required (which would be triggered, for example, if the person had been on any psychiatric meds when they arrived), it was a minimum 60 day assessment period. So basically I think that's the high end, though it can be much shorter.

As far as I know you cannot send money or do video visitation without being on the approved visitor list, so if you're able to do that it would suggest you were approved. However, it also sounds like you did not fill out a visitor application? You would need to have signed your own application -- that form can be found here. So that does seem strange to me.

The good thing about getting approved at CRC is that the visitor approval should transfer to the parent institution. The approval process/time at other prisons seems to vary, so it's good if that can be set up before they are transferred. That said, it can absolutely be done with his parent institution if he gets there and it turns out you aren't on his list.

In general, the only person who can tell you whether you're on the list is the inmate, they have to check and let you know. Although if the prison requires reservations for a visit, you would find out one way or another when you try to get a reservation.

Hang in there, this is a nerve-wracking part of the process but you will figure things out.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:36 PM

Default Visitations

I read through the whole Q & A, very very helpful. I do see that it's from 2006 though, does anyone know if any rules have changed? I just talked to my boyfriend this morning and he told me that in 2 weeks, he wanted me to come visit. I didn't think I would be able too seeing I'm not a family member and we're not married, and have no kids. Do they let non family members visit now?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania309 View Post
I read through the whole Q & A, very very helpful. I do see that it's from 2006 though, does anyone know if any rules have changed? I just talked to my boyfriend this morning and he told me that in 2 weeks, he wanted me to come visit. I didn't think I would be able too seeing I'm not a family member and we're not married, and have no kids. Do they let non family members visit now?
Here is the link to the current visitation policies and information.

Yes, friends can visit, you just have to go through the process of getting approved for their visitors' list. If he's already out of CRC, that will be done by the prison he's in. I've seen that process take a week, and I know people who've sent in their paperwork multiple times over a few months. It seems to help if you can address it directly to their case manager.

There's a limit to the number of friends (non-family) they can have, but unless he's already hit that limit there should be no reason you can't visit.

Another thing to note is that you may or may not have to make reservations to visit. Check with the individual facility -- look at their web page on the ODRC site for visitation contact info. The facility that I visit does not require reservations for out-of-state visitors, just in-state; but that distinction isn't mentioned on the page. So I always email before I'm going to go just to make sure I still don't need a reservation.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:53 PM

Default Visiting at CRC

So they can have non-family members visit at CRC? he's still at CRC and will probably there for another month.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
So they can have non-family members visit at CRC? he's still at CRC and will probably there for another month.
My friend never had any visitors while there but I don't believe there are restrictions on the visitor list. Their web site says "Two visits a month per person on the approved visiting list. Visitors of reception inmates are permitted to download and bring the completed visitor application with them on their first visit."

Whether you can get in within the next month or not, I've always heard its easier to get on the visitor list while and CRC and have it transfer to their home prison, rather than deal with the varied visitor application processes in the various facilities. I don't know if that's the case but I've often seen/heard that advice.

I wish you the best in figuring it all out.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Hey hun, my boyfriend is in crc right now too and I was able to visit all he needs to do is put you down as a support person and when you go there for your visit have a visitation packet filled out and you'll go in sign in on a clipboard then they will call your man's last name and you'll go up to the desk and had them your papers it took me a while to get processed threw once I was there but once I finally did I was able to stay all day and visit!
Old 05-21-2017, 03:44 PM

Hey, question I'm hoping someone can answer my boyfriend went to crc may 5th I have already had a visit I'm just curious if anyone knows how often your actually able too call there I am so used to talking to him every day but it's been so limited since he went to crc and I hate it... and also do you know how long it takes to get moved to your parent institution.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:43 PM

hey! I still have yet to visit my man, but i'm hoping to visit soon, your advice was very helpful thank you! My man is still at CRC and he's told me he gets one call a day. He usually alternates days by calling me one day and his mom the other. The calls are still 15 min, and we've actually been able to have two 15 min calls almost back to back if he gets time during rec to use the phone again. but normally it's just one call a day.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleygrace View Post
Hey, question I'm hoping someone can answer my boyfriend went to crc may 5th I have already had a visit I'm just curious if anyone knows how often your actually able too call there I am so used to talking to him every day but it's been so limited since he went to crc and I hate it... and also do you know how long it takes to get moved to your parent institution.

hey! I still have yet to visit my man, but i'm hoping to visit soon, your advice was very helpful thank you! My man is still at CRC and he's told me he gets one call a day. He usually alternates days by calling me one day and his mom the other. The calls are still 15 min, and we've actually been able to have two 15 min calls almost back to back if he gets time during rec to use the phone again. but normally it's just one call a day.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM

No problem at all girl, I have been to visit once so know just about anything you need to know and I'm also going again this Tuesday so I can answer any question at all you have!! Hopefully you get to go see him soon!!!
Old 06-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Hello! I'm brand new here and my boyfriend just got moved to CRC yesterday. I've set up a jpay and GTL, but wasn't sure if I still needed to send in a visitor application. I live 2.5 hours away and I'm meant to be his support person, do I just mail in the application and wait or should I receive a call whenever he is able to communicate? Apologies if these are repeat questions, I just wasn't sure if things have changed. Looking for as much info as I can get to lessen the stress!
Old 06-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm48 View Post
Hello! I'm brand new here and my boyfriend just got moved to CRC yesterday. I've set up a jpay and GTL, but wasn't sure if I still needed to send in a visitor application. I live 2.5 hours away and I'm meant to be his support person, do I just mail in the application and wait or should I receive a call whenever he is able to communicate? Apologies if these are repeat questions, I just wasn't sure if things have changed. Looking for as much info as I can get to lessen the stress!

it took my boyfriend like a week and half to be allowed to call, but they use connect network at CRC so set that up!! if you have that set up already i found it easier to receive the first call! you don't need to mail in the application, when he finds out his visitation days, you just bring it with you on the day you visit and give it to them!
The Following User Says Thank You to shania309 For This Useful Post:
storm48 (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Hey! My boyfriend got there on a Friday and was able to call me Sunday morning! He will call as soon as he can also with visiting you don't need to mail a packet in just fill one out and give it too them when you get there.. you have to wait 8 days till after he has been there too visit and visiting days are based off the last # of your inmate number also when you go.. you can stay all day as long as the visiting room doesn't get full don't wear anything really tight they are strict about that and you can bring 20 dollars with you for the vending machine in 5's and 1's...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashleygrace For This Useful Post:
storm48 (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
You also can use GTL girl that is what I used in county and it works in prison also I use connect network just to add money to his books and connect network can also be used if you plan on setting him up a debit account to be able to call anyone but me and my boyfriend have it too where he calls collect and that is threw GTL and it works fine cost about 50 cents per call!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashleygrace For This Useful Post:
storm48 (06-09-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleygrace View Post
You also can use GTL girl that is what I used in county and it works in prison also I use connect network just to add money to his books and connect network can also be used if you plan on setting him up a debit account to be able to call anyone but me and my boyfriend have it too where he calls collect and that is threw GTL and it works fine cost about 50 cents per call!!

So my fiance got moved to crc in orient on Tuesday the 15th and I still have yet to receive a call from him or letters or emails. I'm starting to worry does anyone know if this is common any info is helpful thanks
Old 11-10-2017, 11:49 PM

My man is going to crc very soon will I be able to visit him cause I am the mother of his child and both his and my name is on his birth certificate
Old 11-11-2017, 12:05 AM

Has the rules changed or can you still send them pre stamped envelopes at crc and when they get to there home prison