Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlummer View Post
I'm freaking out! I need to know what kind of time I'll be serving. I pled no contest to pc550 A (insurance fraud) back 5 months ago. They offer me 6 months in LA county if I have all the money to pay back or 1 year in LA county if I don't have the money. I go in on September 18th without any money. How much time do you think I'll do for that year sentence?

I have never been in any kind of trouble before, I'm a 58 year old grandma, who hasn't even gotten a speeding ticket in 15 years. I need to prepare my husband, bills and family.

Thanks
The most you can possibly do is 6 months. But the percentage is really more reliant on whether it is a county jail or state prison sentence. Prison sentences do not seem to get early release very often. If it's a county sentence, probably you will be released a decent amount before 6 months. But there really is no promises other than 2:1 credit and good time credits.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaingirl23 View Post
The most you can possibly do is 6 months. But the percentage is really more reliant on whether it is a county jail or state prison sentence. Prison sentences do not seem to get early release very often. If it's a county sentence, probably you will be released a decent amount before 6 months. But there really is no promises other than 2:1 credit and good time credits.

Thank you for your reply. I should have said going to LA county, not state prison.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Hello,
I was just released from lynwood sept 2nd. if you receive a county year you could do half or you could do 37 days. it depends on the percentages when you go in. Another option would be to sign up for the working dorm that will take time off of your sentence. if you are sentenced to a county year county time then its more like 37 days. if its and ab 109 then you will do half for sure. please have t=your lawyer explain this to you cause i got fucked on mine and did more time than i thought i would do. have him or her clarify.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:04 PM

Thank you! Hope it's only 37 days or less. My lawyer has NEVER shown up once he'll only had his associate come and he's 80ish with Alzheimer's or something. I so freaking out here
Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM

Going to surrender myself tomorrow at LA MCJ for a 2nd DUI got a 19 day sentence plus 3 days for fines and fees. I have a job I don't wanna lose and a son on the way early due to complications with my girls pregnancy. Anyone know how long I will actually serve in lockup I'm worried don't wanna lose my job or not be around for the birth of my son. I know I'm an idiot for a 2nd DUI but I need help if anyone knows about how much time I will do on 22days please tell me. Thank you
Old 10-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Well I’m out. Turned myself in on a Friday 9-29-2017 and got out Saturday 9-30-2017 around 3pm. I had 22days. It was a guy with me who did the same on 180 days and got out the same time as me.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:03 AM

Default Release Date

My fiance was sentenced to 270 days for a restraining order violation in Twin Towers, with 21 days credit. Does anyone know the current percentages that inmates are currently doing?
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Default Husband Sentenced to 120 in County Jail for non-violent misdemeanor

Hi,
My husband was sentenced on Wednesday at San Fernando Court to 120 days and 20 days of community labor. He has to surrender on January 4, 2018. I know at most he has to serve 60 days (50%) but what are the odds he will be out sooner than that? He just got a new job and we think he can get away with taking a leave of absence for a few weeks to a month but we are scared it will be long and he could lose his job. Any insight would be great! Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8stupid View Post
Well I’m out. Turned myself in on a Friday 9-29-2017 and got out Saturday 9-30-2017 around 3pm. I had 22days. It was a guy with me who did the same on 180 days and got out the same time as me.

This is good news! I’m hoping this will mean good things when my husband turns himself in to them on Jan. 4. His is 120 days and I hope it’s still a throwout like some have said.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrock1 View Post
Thank you for the response.

Hi what was the outcome? My husband and I are in the same boat with 120 day jail for non violent offense.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtojail View Post
Hi PrisonTalk,

I'm about to accept a deal for 180 days in LA county jail. I've been fighting the case outside so I don't have any time served in jail. The charge is a misdemeanor DUI and misdemeanor DUI above .08. I surrender early August. How much time should I expect to serve? Also, what can I do to prevent getting transferred to Pitchess? Thank you all in advance.

So are you out yet? How much time did you end up doing??