Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-06-2017, 10:19 PM

Default Intro--Grlnxtdr88 from Florida

Hello there! I've been visiting PTO for quite a while but only as a spectator. This month is the 2-year anniversary of the "Zach Attack". My son had a very violent psychotic break which spanned 2 counties. He is now facing the death penalty x2 and an attempted murder on a LEO in Florida. Best we can hope for is life-without-parole. This a my mushy, sweet, never (before) violent son. It was local news worthy at the time and I have since changed jobs and I've told very few about it. It will still be another 6-8 months before the trial in 1st county then followed by the other. I know that it will resurface in the news at trial time, I will worry about work gossip when it happens... Life has become the "new normal' but my heart breaks for him when he says "the real me would have never done this". I am very lucky to have an awesome supportive husband (his step-dad) by my side... but this is not something that we could ever begin to understand! Thank God for the Serenity Prayer!
The Following User Says Thank You to Grlnxtdr88 For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (11-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,199 Times in 10,381 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what you. and your Son are facing. Negative publicity, the only kind, will be very hurtful. I hope your co-workers are your true friends, but you will definitely find out.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:21 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,124 Posts

Grnxdtr88- I am sorry you will be going through "phase two" of the immediate fall out. As much as it is awful, you will become stronger and this will stream line true friends for you. Hold your head up and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
You know your son's heart No one else does.

Hang in there and we are here to support you. Welcome to PTO.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (11-10-2017), Nitewolf047 (11-09-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:46 AM

Thanked 1,468 Times in 965 Posts

I'm sorry....i hope all is well. And welcome

Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 AM

Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,127 Posts

Welcome to PTO! I am so sorry for all you are dealing with, it's a very heart wrenching traumatic experience for anyone. I'm glad you have a supportive husband it makes a huge difference when dealing with this.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 PM

Welcome. I am in a similar situation, so I understand all too well what you are going through.

My husband had a mental breakdown thanks to a disorder he was not diagnosed with until after incarceration combined with some poor excuses for "friends" brainwashing and abusing him into being their pawn. What he did made the news where he is and also traveled out of state, though I don't know how far, nor do I have the courage to look.

Of course the coverage twists his story to get the ratings and sell the papers that they want to sell, because they know if they told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them God, they wouldn't get squat out of him.

Thankfully he is not looking at a life sentence, but he has been indicted on a felony charge that carries three to seven years jail time if mental health court doesn't come through for him.

Have you looked into mental health court for your son at all? That may help him at least a little.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeedA_Name For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (11-10-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome and I think you will find this spot on the web to be very helpful. You will definitely find out who your true friends are or the people who hold no judgement. I was appalled and totally disgusted at how so many "friends" disappeared when my wife was incarcerated. The silver lining was in showing who our true friends are and knowing they will be with us through thick and thin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitewolf047 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-10-2017), NeedA_Name (11-09-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlnxtdr88 View Post
Hello there! I've been visiting PTO for quite a while but only as a spectator. This month is the 2-year anniversary of the "Zach Attack". My son had a very violent psychotic break which spanned 2 counties. He is now facing the death penalty x2 and an attempted murder on a LEO in Florida. Best we can hope for is life-without-parole. This a my mushy, sweet, never (before) violent son. It was local news worthy at the time and I have since changed jobs and I've told very few about it. It will still be another 6-8 months before the trial in 1st county then followed by the other. I know that it will resurface in the news at trial time, I will worry about work gossip when it happens... Life has become the "new normal' but my heart breaks for him when he says "the real me would have never done this". I am very lucky to have an awesome supportive husband (his step-dad) by my side... but this is not something that we could ever begin to understand! Thank God for the Serenity Prayer!
Sending My Prayers to you And your son.My Son is 20 and just got locked up again for another Felony..He hasn't gotten sentence yet but I know he will be there for a few year's.No one can understand how I am feeling but I know you can that's why I responded to you.This is the hardest thing in the world and there is nothing us as Moms can do.I feel so bad all I can do is pray.You have all my prayers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janeowe4 For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (11-10-2017), fbopnomore (11-10-2017), Nitewolf047 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:27 PM

I read a book called ‘A Mother’s Reckoning,’ by Sue Klebold. I know it is a different situation from your own but maybe some of her thoughts in the book would help you? My thoughts are with you.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceam View Post
I read a book called ‘A Mother’s Reckoning,’ by Sue Klebold. I know it is a different situation from your own but maybe some of her thoughts in the book would help you? My thoughts are with you.
Thank you I will look for this book.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:33 PM

I don't know if you saw already, but there is a sub-forum dedicated to parents of children in prison. I don't know how much help it may be to you, but it doesn't hurt to look. I've passed the forum on to my hubby's dad. Here is the link for the sub-forum:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...&share_type=sf