Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Have you met your MWI face to face?
Yes I have 111 60.00%
No I have not 28 15.14%
Not yet but very soon 35 18.92%
Not any time soon 11 5.95%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 PM

I've been hiding in the shadows on the PT forums since 2013. I've never told my full story about my S/O and I because it's extremely complicated, and I feel we would both be judged (maybe I'll share one day) however that being said... We are MWI, and started off with letters & phone calls back in '13. It took me 5 months to get up the courage to go to visit, but like most everyone else's first visit...Mine was nothing short of amazing. It confirmed everything I had been feeling for the last 5 months. Unfortunately due to other circumstances, we lost touch for some time. If he had a phone though he always made sure to "pop up" and let me know his # etc. Well we've officially been back in touch since May '17 and haven't let go since. I've been back to see him a handful of times since reuniting due to work & his new visitation schedule (1 weekend day, rotated weekly...which I share with family) but it's so much different this go around then it was almost 4 years ago. Even though we know each other already, I feel as if we've changed in ways during our time apart...So for now we're just taking our time & enjoying the ride as best we can in this situation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ab_lee88 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-04-2017), Kimimi (03-11-2017), Sarianna (03-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_lee88 View Post
I've been hiding in the shadows on the PT forums since 2013. I've never told my full story about my S/O and I because it's extremely complicated

but it's so much different this go around then it was almost 4 years ago.

So for now we're just taking our time & enjoying the ride as best we can in this situation.

So, you two have i see "history" so this is a great thing then, or maybe not 4 some..and Good evening, hi Ab_Lee. Welcome. So glad you're posting(and no more lurking) with us fellow pto''ers chica, so again welcome! That's sweet to read. But you're saying it seem a little big diff now?How so... I hope it is as wonderful of a ride for you, with him(as it was prior) God bless. PM me anytime, and hugs and blessings going your way tonight.
.Mi Fiancee/BFF is out @ 12:01 a.m.on thanksgiving eve. #NoMoreDOC

Next?
#Weekends alone #me+him Snugglin' with- Hot Chocolate, Winter-Kisses that we both have patiently longed for,without D.O.C..."
-

Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM

dang. what does that mean? "mistake of it all"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
I met him and saw the mistake of it all and moved on.
All that reminds me of him is my name over here.
Met others who were like him so that never came to a relationship. Got smart I guess ��
Old 04-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Default Have you met your MWI in person??

I met my best friend in person for the first time in October 2016. We had be writing since April that year and talking on the phone since July. So ~3 months of writing before first call and ~6 months before first meeting. We had two video visits before the first contact visit, but there were various technical/sound problems, once she could hear me but I couldn't hear her.

It was a great first meeting, but it took a while me for to understand that. I arrived at the noon count and had to wait almost 40 minutes in the visiting room at table 13, my lucky number. Lol. I have confess that her walking up to me at my little table took me by surprise and she was only feet away when I saw her for the first time. When I spotted her I stood up immediately. After a kind of teenage like awkward greeting where she hugging me first time, she had to set me straight about about which chair I could sit in. I had been sitting on the wrong side of the table for over 30+ minutes. Clueless and I guess the COs were pretty laid back that day.

She was beautiful. Her best friend did her makeup and I wore my best non-iron dress shirt and blue jeans. We talked for almost 2 hours before I offered to buy her something out of the vending machines. We both just had a soda. I was too nervous to eat.

Our conversation was all over the place from physics to cosmetology. As we talked we became more and more at ease with each other, but we both studied closely our respective mannerisms and read all kinds of things into them, most correct.

Leaving her was tough. I messed up and could not look back at her when we parted. It was ok. She understood. She was becoming my best friend and she already knew me better than most.

I'm very thankful that I was able to visit her. I know many here don't have the possibility to do that, or only have non contact visits. Our visits are never routine, and I hope I never take my time with her for granted.

Last edited by K6770; 04-04-2017 at 04:33 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
MissOne (10-19-2017), Sarianna (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,504 Times in 754 Posts

Aww, K6770 - that was lovely to read...I am so happy that you had the chance to visit her and it went well. Thank you for sharing! Wishing you many great visits in the future....keep us posted
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Yes I met my love last summer and in two weeks I'm going to see him again. I traveled 3000 miles to meet him and let me tell you It just confirmed what I already knew: that he is the love of my life. We have been "together" for a year now and I love him more than I can ever express. I don't even look at other men because no one on the face of this planet can compare to my king!!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:33 PM

Default married you soulmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Gal View Post
Met him, married him. No regrets.
I'm trying to do the same get married, did you have to have his Identification to get married and if you did what kind of ID did you use?
Old 05-09-2017, 03:21 PM

Traveled almost 1200 miles by myself (first time traveling alone by the way and I was horrified of all the what ifs). It was an amazing visit. Now we're fighting over when i'll come back. He wants me to come at the end of the year in the dead of the winter to the Northeast which I'm not interested in so i'm trying to push it out to March of next year. He's having a fit.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh273 View Post
Traveled almost 1200 miles by myself (first time traveling alone by the way and I was horrified of all the what ifs). It was an amazing visit. Now we're fighting over when i'll come back. He wants me to come at the end of the year in the dead of the winter to the Northeast which I'm not interested in so i'm trying to push it out to March of next year. He's having a fit.
No way should you visit and drive during a very bad part of winter in the North East!. If you're not accustomed to driving on snow, regular ice, slush, and BLACK ICE - which is most deadly of all,you should wait.

He's gonna be sitting warm and relatively safe while you risk life and limb literally. I'm from the area and I know the weather here. To op I'm a penpal to one guy I've found trough a penpal advertisement and we've met in visits. And I write to another I've known a very long time irl.

Last edited by Dobbie_Elf; 05-20-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-21-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitil723 View Post
dang. what does that mean? "mistake of it all"?
He wasn't the person he said he was. does the TV show cat fish rings a bell???
Old 10-18-2017, 01:08 PM

I wrote to B because the last news I had on him was old. I was curious about where his case was going. I didn't think he would even respond. He did and I was so excited! I kept thinking every letter was the last one. But it kept coming, he kept writing and I was just so enamored. First it was phone calls and each time we needed at least two because the 15 minutes they give you is never enough. Then I planned a trip to see him. It was incredible! We had our first kiss on my birthday, it was more than I imagined it could be. Now I'm planning a trip to see him on his birthday. We had known each other 5 months before my first visit.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Is in the Hizzouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbygirl372001 View Post
Yes...we MWI 17 years ago....have been a couple for 12 years, married for 9 1/2 years.
We MWI in 2003... became a couple and got engaged. Split up in 2004. Got back together in 2005.. Married in 2006. Split again around 2010 but no divorce. Got together again in 2012. Hoping for parole in 2019. No physical visits ever. Only glass and at one prison a mesh screen between us. I visit 6 to 9 times a year.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Coopers disciple

Unfortunately that's not going to happen anytime soon. I don't have the money to fly across the Atlantic.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:42 PM

Default Met the pick face to face

Yup thought I was in live but he turned out to be a fucking lying cunt. So his English bitch with a face that looks like a foot and the dipshit with the braces can have his sorry ass. What a waste of time, energy and money. Well good luck to you all I hope your MWI turns out to be better than the pos I found on prisoninmates
Old 11-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellsKells View Post
Yes I met my love last summer and in two weeks I'm going to see him again. I traveled 3000 miles to meet him and let me tell you It just confirmed what I already knew: that he is the love of my life. We have been "together" for a year now and I love him more than I can ever express. I don't even look at other men because no one on the face of this planet can compare to my king!!
I could just vomit in my mouth reading what I wrote... seriously how stupid am I?
Old 11-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellsKells View Post
I could just vomit in my mouth reading what I wrote... seriously how stupid am I?
I guess not stupid but in love
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
BellsKells (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 05:45 AM

Wink

I have not been formally introduced face to face I kno his family and his siblings never did meet him while on the streets just knew of him..... But we have been together a year in Dec and I am working on getting my record expunged so that I will be able to go visit him
Old 11-19-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylelopy View Post
I have not been formally introduced face to face I kno his family and his siblings never did meet him while on the streets just knew of him..... But we have been together a year in Dec and I am working on getting my record expunged so that I will be able to go visit him
I hope you are able to get your record expunged. Good luck with that!
Al
Old 11-19-2017, 08:34 AM

I mean JESNO. Means. First I had a bunch of video visits, but I never touched him. I hope soon. But I cant at then moment.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheBiker View Post
I hope you are able to get your record expunged. Good luck with that!
Al
Thank u very much...... This by far has been hard to be wit someone that is in prison that has done 6 yrs before me and sometimes I wonder am I scam to him like some of these girls are but he says no..... But sometimes u can't help but wonder...lol