Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:59 PM

Default Will he know where he is going?

My husband just had his staffing meeting at Dodge today. He was told he will be sent to a county jail before moving on to his permanent placement. He is under the impression that he won't know what his permanent placement is until he is picked up from county and moved. Anyone know if this is accurate? I'm super tired of having no idea what's next. LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisreallife View Post
My husband just had his staffing meeting at Dodge today. He was told he will be sent to a county jail before moving on to his permanent placement. He is under the impression that he won't know what his permanent placement is until he is picked up from county and moved. Anyone know if this is accurate? I'm super tired of having no idea what's next. LOL
The fact that they are moving him to a county jail before moving him to his permanent placement leads me to believe that they do not have an open bed for him at a facility that offers his required programs. The state has been contracting with county jails across the state to house inmates while they await placement. So, yes I would believe that at this point they do not know where he will end up and he won't know until they have an opening and are ready to move him. I am sorry this is happening. The waiting is frustrating. I can imagine that your husband is not happy about having to move to a county jail and not know how long he will be there. Did they at least tell him what county jail he is being moved to?
Old 11-14-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
My husband was in county for the 120 days first and he left today. He didnt' know where he was going.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:41 AM

Thank you both for the replies. He was not told what county he would be sent to. He should leave sometime in the next week, so I guess we will see.

Mydimitri, did your husband end up being transferred to one of the prisons he had requested? Was the county he was placed at in a location near enough for you to visit yet? I'm concerned that my DH might be moved to a jail hours away and I won't be able to see him for the next few months. Uncertainty sucks.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM

Right now I don't know but I don't think so. I checked his location and he is not at either one of the top two choices. sometime they go back to dodge for a night or two. (how the busses run). But he didn't go there. I am not optimitistic.

They do not tell them where they are going until the night before

Technically they aren't even allowed to call. He had someone call me. I knew the night before. That is the earliest.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydimitri View Post
Right now I don't know but I don't think so. I checked his location and he is not at either one of the top two choices. sometime they go back to dodge for a night or two. (how the busses run). But he didn't go there. I am not optimitistic.

They do not tell them where they are going until the night before

Technically they aren't even allowed to call. He had someone call me. I knew the night before. That is the earliest.
Oops. I misread your original reply. So he won't know where he's going until he gets there???
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM

No

I always check on wisconsin inmate locator.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
No

I always check on wisconsin inmate locator.
Thank you. I wasn't aware of that website. I will keep that in mind to find him when he's taken.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:05 AM

I sent you a private message
Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I sent you a private message
I don't have anything in my inbox
Old 11-16-2017, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. My husband was moved this morning to Kettle Moraine Correctional which was our first choice location! Feeling very relieved.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info, guys. My husband was moved this morning to Kettle Moraine Correctional which was our first choice location! Feeling very relieved.
That's wonderful to hear! It's such a relief when they are finally placed and even better when they get their first choice! I hope you get to visit soon!