Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:30 PM

Default Reporting a parole violator: Who do I contact?

How do I report a parole violation in this state? The DOC website has nowhere in which to message about a parolee. Normally, I don't believe on kicking people while their down, but this guy is different. Let me start from the beginning: He is a sexual predator who was put in prison back in 1983 to serve a 50yr sentence for 5 counts of lewd and lascvious acts with a minor. I suspect he was arrested for pimping. He got out in 2012 after serving just under 30yrs.

My son has been out on his own since 18, trying to make it and not having much success. He has been homeless, and moving around alot. He doesn't want to come back home because of friction at home, but has also never asked to come home. He met up with this guy, who promised to help him out, including help him get a GED. But this guy is filthy. He demands my son do sexual things with him, he threatens him, and our family, including our two girls. He threatens my son by saying he is going to do all sorts of terrible things to us. My son tried to leave once, and was gone for a few days, when the guy saw him walking down the street, and pulled in front of him and practically dragged him back in the car. My son has been petrified of him the whole time. The guy showed him a gun he has in his clothes drawer, and has made threats and inuendo galore. When my son went to the police to tell them what was going on, they literally LAUGHED at him. Apparently everything changes when you hit 18. But I'm pretty sure this guy is violating his parole if not on the gun thing, but on the fact that I can't find him on ANY sex offender registry at all.

Who can I contact concerning this guy?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2017, 05:52 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,338 Times in 13,665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdj View Post
How do I report a parole violation in this state? The DOC website has nowhere in which to message about a parolee. Normally, I don't believe on kicking people while their down, but this guy is different. Let me start from the beginning: He is a sexual predator who was put in prison back in 1983 to serve a 50yr sentence for 5 counts of lewd and lascvious acts with a minor. I suspect he was arrested for pimping. He got out in 2012 after serving just under 30yrs.

My son has been out on his own since 18, trying to make it and not having much success. He has been homeless, and moving around alot. He doesn't want to come back home because of friction at home, but has also never asked to come home. He met up with this guy, who promised to help him out, including help him get a GED. But this guy is filthy. He demands my son do sexual things with him, he threatens him, and our family, including our two girls. He threatens my son by saying he is going to do all sorts of terrible things to us. My son tried to leave once, and was gone for a few days, when the guy saw him walking down the street, and pulled in front of him and practically dragged him back in the car. My son has been petrified of him the whole time. The guy showed him a gun he has in his clothes drawer, and has made threats and inuendo galore. When my son went to the police to tell them what was going on, they literally LAUGHED at him. Apparently everything changes when you hit 18. But I'm pretty sure this guy is violating his parole if not on the gun thing, but on the fact that I can't find him on ANY sex offender registry at all.

Who can I contact concerning this guy?
If this guy was convicted in 1983, he may not be on parole or on the Registry.

Your son is over 18: he could contact a local DV shelter if he feels he's danger. You could contact law enforcement...but you need facts & proof. Otherwise, be supportive and encourage your son to seek help.

Welcome to PTO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-24-2017), maytayah (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 01:59 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 995 Posts

Your son needs to contact the police and get himself somewhere safe. Being that your son is an adult I doubt it will do much good at all for you to contact anyone unless you have PROOF of the threats or abuse. Sorry for the situation and welcome to Prison Talk
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
maytayah (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 04:43 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 614 Posts

Is it possible for you to go to the police with your son? Are you sure he actually went to the police? I have a hard time believing if he went to the police and reported that someone was threatening him and assaulted him they they would laugh and do nothing. He can file for a restraining order at the very least. There is more to this I’m sure.
Fridyrr.Likn (10-24-2017), maytayah (10-24-2017), patchouli (10-24-2017), xolady (11-08-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 07:17 PM
attorney

Thanked 19,681 Times in 7,091 Posts

He should be able to just report felon in possession of a firearm to the police as a crime, give the police the location of the firearm, and go from there.

Alternatively, he should also be able to talk with his own PO. He should express his desire to remain violation free, but that this man in his life is almost forcing him to engage in behavior that will constitute a violation. He should ask for help from his PO to get free of a situation that's become one of domestic violence, with a gun present. If he's able to communicate how scared and trapped he feels, and some of the things this man is saying to him, he may get the help he needs. Further, his PO will notify the older guy's PO, and possibly the police, and get the guy busted, at least for the gun.

The third alternative is to go the domestic violence shelter route, though finding shelters that take males can be difficult. They should have legal help to get your son an order of protection, and other supports.

The fourth alternative is to arrange with his PO to move jurisdictions - a few counties away can make a lot of difference, if he has a job and a place to stay.

Not an easy situation. It should be stressed to your son that while laudable to do things on his own, when he's being threatened, held hostage, and there's a gun involved, then using his supports to get out of the situation is a good thing. There's plenty of time to do it on his own when things aren't this dire.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-25-2017), nimuay (10-26-2017), patchouli (10-24-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Thanks everyone for the responses. I found out right after posting the question that he isn't even on parole. My husband contact Law enforcement about him and found out he isn't on parole, but at least now after that conversation, hopefully he's been put on their radar. My son's not with him anymore, but is still paranoid he'll run into him somewhere. A good friend of my son's who hangs around the same area said the guy has been asking around on whether or not anyone has seen him, and where they might find him. My son also said that this guy often travels the same route every day, including parks and bus stations looking for kids. He's an honest to God predator. At least he's finally away. I looked him up myself and found an old archived newspaper clipping from the early 80's where he was convicted of kidnapping a boy and living with him in a car for a week or two. The boy was returned, and the pervert was convicted of five separate counts of lewd acts with a child. The kid was under 13. But then the guy managed to escape from a prison in Michigan. After they caught him, he was sentenced to fifty years, but was let out after thirty, in 2012.

All those years in prison, and he gets out and is still doing it? It's just mind blowing to me.

Last edited by tdj; 11-08-2017 at 10:38 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to tdj For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-08-2017)