Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 09-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,202 Times in 10,384 Posts

Always remember that you will be the one to serve the punishments, not your lawyer, so your job number one is to do whatever you can to minimize your sentence. Lots of folks who won't go down without a fight end up spending way too much time locked in a cage.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Yep I have seen a lot of people take it to the box and get like 8 years or more when being offered a couple or less if they took a plea. The ones I know honestly thought what they did was not a crime or that there was more to the story that explained it. But I saw an 80 year old man get 8 years instead of the 2 offered. So he went from prob getting to spend more time with his family when done to most likely spending rest of his life in prison cause of his belief that what he did, did not constitute a crime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doinaight For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-27-2017), fiat_nox (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Alferd Packer fan

Thanked 1,033 Times in 597 Posts

AFAIC it's all extortion. Agree to our lies and get two years or stand up for your rights as an American and we will make you pay big time. In essence "bow before us you worthless vile american dog!" Not in MY book.
"I swore never to be silent whenever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." -- Elie Weisel
The Following User Says Thank You to cornered For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 09:09 PM

Thanked 9,777 Times in 5,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornered View Post
AFAIC it's all extortion. Agree to our lies and get two years or stand up for your rights as an American and we will make you pay big time. In essence "bow before us you worthless vile american dog!" Not in MY book.
If the offense is one that is subject to interpretation, the jury is not likely to run with your interpretation over that of law enforcement. And assessments of credibility are something that is squarely in the province of the jury...ask any of the Republic of Texas or the Sovereign Citizen nutters what juries thought of their interpretations of the law.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-28-2017), fiat_nox (09-27-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 08:18 AM

Cool Legal Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornered View Post
I have a case coming up in a month or so, and I have a problem with my public defender. The case is a Felony 2. I did NOT do it, AND I can prove it.

First off, when we first talked he wanted me to plead out, and he had not seen any of the case files yet. Then when he did, he still wanted me to plead out.
When I finally got a hold of the discovery, I found information that, as I said, I can prove my innocence. I told my PD that we need to subpeona certain records and recordings, and subpeona two possibly three expert witnesses.
He said no.

I have since found additional information that shows the PD, as a private lawyer, worked for a collection agency that has a history of harassing me.

When I talked to another lawyer & told him all of this, he said the PD is supposed to have recused himself for conflict of interests.

Utah is in a mess for insufficient public defender representation. Now I ask for prayers that I succeed in getting my PD to recuse himself and get a replacement that actually does understand and have experience with my type of impairments.
first, any thing you say to your PD cannot be proven. type or write him with your complaints and requests. write up a certificate of service describing what you sent him then get it notarized. if he does not respond accordingly resend again. this will line him up for ineffective assistance of counsel. let him know this.Its only fair to worn him first before he go's down that path. let me know what happened. i'm here.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:47 AM
attorney

Thanked 19,695 Times in 7,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg ice View Post
first, any thing you say to your PD cannot be proven. type or write him with your complaints and requests. write up a certificate of service describing what you sent him then get it notarized. if he does not respond accordingly resend again. this will line him up for ineffective assistance of counsel. let him know this.Its only fair to worn him first before he go's down that path. let me know what happened. i'm here.
Actually, it can. Calls get logged. They get logged to the individual file. With conflict attorneys, those calls are money. With public defenders, those calls justify the budget, adjust the number of attorneys assigned to that type of case, point out problems in the department. They get logged by the standard 6 minute increment.

IAC works as an appellate issue. At the trial level, judges like to be a lot more specific before replacing an attorney. The failure to communicate with a particular client may be just that you have na anxious client who needs more handholding than is possible under the circumstances. As an attorney, if I say we'll take a look at where we are with discovery at your next status hearing (usually 30 days from the last one) and that client calls every day, the judge is not going to bust my chops for failure to communicate. I won't be fired by the court for this. I won't be fired for the 5 minute conversations I have with clients outside the courtroom when that's the only communication I have with a client in 30 days. I won't be fired by the courts if I fail to sit down and explain every nuance of a motion to a client.

Crap, I'm not going to explain communication and where a failure to communicate rises to the level of a broken relationship between attorney and client.

Most states base their rules or have wholeheartedly adopted the model rules of professional conduct. Want to know how an attorney is supposed to act? Consult the model rules.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/p...ble_scope.html

pay particular attention to the criminal case rules.

In the interim, learn a little more about law before advising somebody about how to "worn" an attorney. If you want to fire an attorney for incompetence, then perhaps we can talk about what should and should not be done.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (10-20-2017), fbopnomore (10-20-2017), nimuay (10-20-2017), Patrickj (10-20-2017), xolady (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 AM

As I said, you can not prove what you spoke about with you're PD. Write, certificate of service, and Notarize. Criminal case rules are useful but not when it comes to proving what was communicated between Atterney & client. As far as studying the "Law", been there done that. The corporate side? Been there done that. You are an Attorney and you are supposed to protect you're field of work. I understand, but, You and I both know how the game gets played and who moves the pieces in a court setting. I am well rounded in and around you're field of work...corpus.J.S.-v.7, [ A,C] 1-4.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:25 AM

Thanked 9,777 Times in 5,512 Posts

Quote:
As I said, you can not prove what you spoke about with you're PD. Write, certificate of service, and Notarize. Criminal case rules are useful but not when it comes to proving what was communicated between Atterney & client. As far as studying the "Law", been there done that. The corporate side? Been there done that. You are an Attorney and you are supposed to protect you're field of work. I understand, but, You and I both know how the game gets played and who moves the pieces in a court setting. I am well rounded in and around you're field of work...corpus.J.S.-v.7, [ A,C] 1-4.
"well rounded" yet not knowing the difference between you're and your.

I would again advise OP to stick with real attorneys.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-01-2017), LifeTraveler (11-03-2017), nimuay (11-01-2017), xolady (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
"well rounded" yet not knowing the difference between you're and your.

I would again advise OP to stick with real attorneys.
First, I was typing from my phone. Spell sugest fault. But besides that, tell us why you mad. You attorneys could win a case without having to step into a courtroom but that would be sort of like the baker telling the buyer how to bake their favorite pastry's. Now that wouldn't be too smart would it. I'm not here to throw shots back and forth but do proceed Mr/ms. T.8.1481, my foreign friend.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:03 PM
attorney

Thanked 19,695 Times in 7,096 Posts

Quote:
First, I was typing from my phone. Spell sugest fault. But besides that, tell us why you mad. You attorneys could win a case without having to step into a courtroom but that would be sort of like the baker telling the buyer how to bake their favorite pastry's. Now that wouldn't be too smart would it. I'm not here to throw shots back and forth but do proceed Mr/ms. T.8.1481, my foreign friend.
Wow, somebody really needs to make sure you are getting the appropriate help that you need.

Somebody here needs to make sure you don't pollute the waters for others dealing with critical life situations by scamming them with your nonsense.

And you really need to stop Trump-typing from your phone - your spelling and grammar are atrocious.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-03-2017), nimuay (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
Wow, somebody really needs to make sure you are getting the appropriate help that you need.

Somebody here needs to make sure you don't pollute the waters for others dealing with critical life situations by scamming them with your nonsense.

And you really need to stop Trump-typing from your phone - your spelling and grammar are atrocious.
Scam? No. That would only apply if I were asking for something of value in return. I'm not. People if you want to know if you can trust your attorney read corpus juris secundum-- check spelling, volume 7 section1-4 attorney client. Google or youtube it. It's there law. How about this, check your state statute book/ manuals and see if they contain an enactment clause on their face along with a subject title. This falls under the Due process of law making which is out lined in the Constitution. If a law fails to display an enacting clause of their face the they are without authority to enforce for they are void on their face. Rodrequez v. Ray Donovan, us board of labors, all codes, rules and regulations are applicable to Government authority only not human creators in accordence with God's laws. All codes, rules and regulations are unconstitutional because they lack DUE PROCESS. IF THE STATUTE IS WITHOUT AN ENACTMENT CLAUSE THEN IT IS NOT A LAW OF YOUR STATE THUS AFFORDING THE DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE NO AUTHORITY TO SEEK ENFORCEMENT FOR LACK OF SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION. Its all in the law books and the U.S. Constitution as well as your state Constitution.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:50 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,177 Times in 6,850 Posts

And, most of the above BS has nothing to do with the OP's original post. Let's keep it ON TOPIC, or I'll start removing some posts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-06-2017), patchouli (11-11-2017), Patrickj (11-06-2017), safran (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,202 Times in 10,384 Posts

You are definitely persistent. Do you ever ask yourself why your constitutional arguments are not shared by the courts?

If you aren't in this for personal gain, which is extremely unusual, then you must be a true believer. That's what bothers me the most, the way people with honest disagreements with the government get caught up and manipulated into thinking they are patriots, but in actuality they are ruining their lives by joining the millions of us who are prison inmates and/or felons.

Again I challenge you to back up your statements by showing someone, anyone, who has been acquitted after being indicted for one of the many sovereign citizen scams that have been around for the last 50 years or so.