Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 10-20-2017, 09:43 PM
Dee

Angry Intro--Deefrncs64 from California

Hello, I’m engaged to a Portuguese National currently incarcerated in Madeira for a crime he did not commit. He was sentenced to 6 years, the charge stating he was the head organizer for drugs being brought in to the prison, he and several other inmates were tried, even though There was solid evidence of involvement against the others and none against my fiancé they were all acquitted while he was sentenced to six years, My fiancé filed an appeal and everyone including his attorney felt confident he would be acquitted due to the fact that he was inocent and therefore there could be no evidence against him. The appeal was denied on the basis of him being heard on the telephone telling a visitor to “ be careful “ Being that the elderly woman he was speaking to was handicapped and had a prosthetic leg my fiancé told her to “be careful” as she had previously fallen when walking down the hill to the prison entrance. My Fiancé grew up and lived in Montreal Canada prior to being deported therefore all of his family is in Canada and he has no family in Portugal whereas all the others that were acquitted do , it is believed by many including his attorney as well as 2 prison guards that he was NOT acquitted due to being considered s flight risk. His attorney is currently trying to appeal to the sector that defends a persons human rights. I am getting ready to move to Madeira with my 86 year old mother in tow in order to be close to him. This is complete injustice. Any insite or advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2017, 06:17 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,187 Times in 10,376 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry that your fiance didn't prevail with his first appeal, and I hope that his lawyer will be more successful this time. Don't abandon hope for his early release from his 6 year sentence.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:40 PM
OnparoleinTO

That sounds like a horrible mess. Unfortunately, false convictions are not rare in any justice system. What are conditions like in a jail in Madeira?
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 AM
Dee

Yes, how sad that is. The conditions at this particular location ( in my opinion) are mediocre in terms of cleanliness but according to my fiancé there is a lot worse. I guess there was one facility in Lisbon that was so bad that rodents had become the norm, no one would eat.... it was so incredibly disgusting... the inmates, out of pure desperation set fire to the place causing many to be transferred. Now that was genius if you ask me.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:39 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,122 Posts

Intense heat does tend to relocated animal population that's for sure.

I am sorry you are facing this situation, but am proud of your fortitude to carry one.
Welcome to PTO.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 10-28-2017, 09:31 PM
Dee

Smile Trying to secure a good attorney

Thank you , it’s a pleasure to be a part of such an awesome group of people . Sometimes I think we are looked down upon , whether we are inmates or are connected to one .. If people only knew the struggles we all face on a daily basis they would not be so quick to judge us .. it makes me happy that we have a strong support system here. Thank you so much for creating this haven .
The Following User Says Thank You to Deefrncs64 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-29-2017)