Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Success Stories Please share your coming-home success stories here.

Old 08-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,619 Times in 345 Posts
Default Success Stories Sub-Forum Introduction

Sub Forum - Success Stories - Coming Home

Share your SUCCESS STORIES here – please! We all spend a lot of time at PTO while our loved ones are locked up. PTO is a safe and understanding home for many of us while trying to deal with the incarceration of our loved ones. Please consider coming back to visit us after your loved one comes home. Please encourage him or her to join PTO and share with us his or her success after being released from prison. We NEED to hear these stories.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2003, 07:57 PM

Default tebkrg

I Totally Agree With Tebkrg!! We Do Need To Hear About The Success Stories, The Ones who made it once they were released. By The Way, I was Incarcerated and I am a Success Story! And Hopefully one day soon my Stormy will be also! Hopefully we will have a lot of responses on this one, Thak you for starting this!!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

We do NEED to hear. It will help many if you guys share what you went thur in the transition and what helped and what didn't etc....

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 08-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Banned

So glad this Forum is here!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Dr. Ijames

Default success

[quote=Ken;211638]Sub Forum - Success Stories - Coming Home
I guess I have a success story. I went in at 18 and was released at 27 years old. I was fortunate to have a good support group waiting for me. I am an Executive chef and received my Doctorates in Theology. I am retired and baught a home in S.e. mo. at the lake. Thank God its paid for. I am a single father(my wife passed away with Brain Cancer in 2001). I have done many things since being released. And have worked many jobs to take care of my family. I worked with hedge inc. in St. Louis and we took many parolees in and helped them get jobs and get settled in. There are those that made it and some that returned to prison. I was involved with Teen Challenge in Cape and recomend it to any parent. (You do not have to be a teen to go there). But for some one that has a drug problem and wants help, or if they rae going to court and will possibly be sentenced, it is a wonderful alternative.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrIjames For This Useful Post:
FriscoLady (04-27-2009)
Old 10-11-2011, 12:34 PM

I guess I can add to the success stories, I Was in Ciw, VSPW, and CCWF on and off for for almost 6 years. California has a great revolving door! One day after getting released I was sick of it.....for those who been there know what IT is. I have been out since 2006 and completing my bachelors in Africana studies and psychology, plan to obtain my PhD in Africanology in the mean time I work as a drug and alcohol counselor. I am attending California state university Dominguez hills and I am applying to Harvard, Cornell, MSU, northwestern just to name a few for my doctoral degree. I was the one that when the warden heard my name.....they began to plan for my stay and 90% of the time was in SHU. Now I am a mother,student, nerd, average Los Angeles woman......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhDboundfelon For This Useful Post:
Mzneeta (11-08-2011), walkingtourist (03-28-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM

I suppose my situation can be considered a "success story".. Last year I was sentenced to 4 months in juvenile detention and now not only have I convinced myself not to do the same mistakes never again but I do really try to get into a good college/university. It has not passed many time since all of this story but to me it seems as just a distant memory..
The Following User Says Thank You to chris7cn For This Useful Post:
walkingtourist (03-28-2012)
Old 10-13-2017, 02:29 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,609 Posts

hello,
it has been some years now, where I did not enter the forum anymore. I have had to walk my path on my own, experiencing, working on things and at some moments, I have had to reduce all around me to the absolute minimum, as I had no energy for other problems left anymore.
all I was able to do was playing some arcade games, and at the end not even those anymore.

now things have changed and new things are going to come and are coming into my life. and for right now, I am back.

the journey with my husband did take a turn. we are still apart, but were able to spent the first 10 days together, outside the walls in september.

to my story: I met my husband 15 years ago, as a pen pal. we are together since. we are married since 6 years officially. he in the US, I am in Switzerland. some visiting, one to three years between visits: so 10 days together outside the walls were heaven on Earth.

his case is complicated and I dont want to share details. fact is, he made it out. and now has to experience thsi world outside the walls. and after 34 + years, this is not easy. (he could tell you the exact number of years and days)
we now experience great possibilities, as communication is so much easier, but the same times there are also huge problems. in all this we are still greatful and blessed with what life gave us.

problems are for example facebook. as for somebody, who still depends on the system, this is not an easy thing to deal with. after so many years, this world is complicated, most of all in its wiered ways.

for either of us it is easy to find our place together in this new situation. there is so much he has to catch up, need to make his experience, but there is so much as well, which could bring him back in in a heart beat: as life did show: accusations are all what is needed.

so it is not easy to find a way, to experience life, be some kind of a use to this world and still walk strong on the own path. it is not easy either, to walk beside my Man, dealing with a lot of things of day life, not able to help in too many things.

but for the time now i am back in this forum. as I feel, some of our experiences are important and can be important to others. and I believe in giving back what I once got as well....

answers and pms welcome..... shush

the way the other acts is his karma and responsibility, the way I respond is mine!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
chosenmemories (11-08-2017)