Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 10-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Default Denied his home placement because of old NCO

Okay so I don't know if anybody is going to read this but I have a question to ask my boyfriend is coming home at the end of this month and there was a previous restraining order years ago and it is up now he got a letter stating that his address wasn't approved and that he needs to go to a shelter stating that he can't come home. now is that right even though the order is up now he is in Lakeview shock In NY. I don't need him going to a shelter I'm the only one that he has we've been together for 13 years. please help!!and thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeGirl115 View Post
Okay so I don't know if anybody is going to read this but I have a question to ask my boyfriend is coming home at the end of this month and there was a previous restraining order years ago and it is up now he got a letter stating that his address wasn't approved and that he needs to go to a shelter stating that he can't come home. now is that right even though the order is up now he is in Lakeview shock In NY. I don't need him going to a shelter I'm the only one that he has we've been together for 13 years. please help!!and thank you!
Sorry I can't help, I would love to try but it's different in Japan
Old 10-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,186 Times in 10,375 Posts

Was the reason for the denial the old NCO? If you were the victim in that case, probation/parole won't put the two of you together in one residence.

If he was told the reasons for the denial, he should address them specifically in an appeal.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,426 Times in 10,016 Posts

Fbop is right - the fact that the NCO expired is immaterial. The fact remains that you and he had a tumultuous relationship that required an NCO back then. That can definitely allow the PO to forbid contact.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM
attorney

Thanked 19,656 Times in 7,083 Posts

Look at it this way: parole wants your LO to succeed on parole. They determine the probability of success by the paper, at least initially. That tumultuous relationship that nim is talking about is an indication, a big indication, that the parolee won't succeed on parole. Why? High probability of the cops being called again, high probability of further crimes, high probability that he won't be able to settle into a productive routine in society if his home life is tumultuous.

Is this automatically true of your particular, individual relationship? No. But it's true of so many relationships where there's an NCO, even expired, even if they didn't get a conviction on the associated case, that it's a rule.

Want to be an exception to the rule? Parole out, and he (and you) work with the PO so that he can come home. Overcome the burden of all those probable relationships that led to the rule and convince his PO over time that you are a safe duo and a calm home for him to finish his parole in.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Was the reason for the denial the old NCO? If you were the victim in that case, probation/parole won't put the two of you together in one residence.

If he was told the reasons for the denial, he should address them specifically in an appeal.
No his charges had nothing to do with the NCO. And the NCO got dropped down to a B nice with in a week after it happened. I just don't understand that now that it's up why can't he come home? Hopefully when he gets out and reports to PO. We can talk to him and he will be willing to understand!
Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,426 Times in 10,016 Posts

yourself gave you the reasons in the post directly above yours. So if you really want to convince the PO, be civil, calm, list any therapy you've had (or he's had) since that NCO. DO NOT flare up if he says no, as that will confirm the suspicions of instability and an unhealthy atmosphere. And prepare for it to in fact be a no, for now. If you're lucky, you may get a yes, but you can't guarantee it.