Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:07 AM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Default Immigration is your man getting Deported ?

After completing his sentence?
Are you afraid ?

Well my man has roughly 9 months left and he is an Immigrant. I'm very much afraid after his sentence he will be deported because New President and laws changing that's what has me scared. He has been incarcerated before for serious crimes and got released to California.

He was raised in California since he was about 3 years old. Lived here since then. Went to Elementary , Middle, and High School here. Dropped out mid high school.

BUT now I'm wondering with this bid if they will release him to California ?

Any advice?

When my man talked to committee which was twice they said he has no Hold on him.
But it still scares me if he will get one towards the last month or 2.

We have also talked about Marriage.
And I wonder would I be able to legalize him ? I love him a a TON but I'm not sure how to help him out. Can I marry him while incarcerated ? We are both in California.

Any help would mean a bunch ladies & gents.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysqueezy View Post
After completing his sentence?
Are you afraid ?

Well my man has roughly 9 months left and he is an Immigrant. I'm very much afraid after his sentence he will be deported because New President and laws changing that's what has me scared. He has been incarcerated before for serious crimes and got released to California.

He was raised in California since he was about 3 years old. Lived here since then. Went to Elementary , Middle, and High School here. Dropped out mid high school.

BUT now I'm wondering with this bid if they will release him to California ?

Any advice?

When my man talked to committee which was twice they said he has no Hold on him.
But it still scares me if he will get one towards the last month or 2.

We have also talked about Marriage.
And I wonder would I be able to legalize him ? I love him a a TON but I'm not sure how to help him out. Can I marry him while incarcerated ? We are both in California.

Any help would mean a bunch ladies & gents.
You know it all depends on how long you guys have been together.... It's hard to tell, but you could indeed get married in California while he is incarcerated, but I'm not sure it will change the fact that he CAN be deported!

My fiancé will be deported for the second time, and that's why he got in for 5 years (illegal re-entry).

I am one of the luckyest one, because the deportation is like the Golden Ticket for us, as he will be able to travel to France to come join me, and this is such a BONUS!

IF he gets deported to Mexico, maybe you can live there with him? This could be a new opportunity? This is my plan B in case my boy can't stay in France despite the marriage and all (it's so hard to get a residency card...)

You need to weight the pros and cons and see what is the best for you! You have about 9 months to think about it! What does HE think?

20 months of waiting
France > Mexico ...alone
Mexico > France ...together !
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet_ For This Useful Post:
ilovemysqueezy (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:07 PM

I'm surprised he has no hold but we have heard of cases that when they are released the find out they are in fact getting handed over to ice... my husband's getting deported and I'm more than happy to gtfo of here and start a new life. You can get married in prison not sure how long that'll take
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsa77 For This Useful Post:
ilovemysqueezy (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
I'm surprised he has no hold but we have heard of cases that when they are released the find out they are in fact getting handed over to ice... my husband's getting deported and I'm more than happy to gtfo of here and start a new life. You can get married in prison not sure how long that'll take
But he has no Papers and like ( Velvet ) said not sure how much it would help his situation. I stress on it some days other days I tell myself and my man

" We will deal with it when the day comes "

I'm trying my best to not freak out. I don't see myself LIVING in Mexico. I haven't told my man. I can see myself visiting him here and there.