Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 07-03-2017, 09:51 PM

So many of the options are marked as new subscribers only, how are you getting past that? I've been doing the surveys and sending as many as I can to my cousin but see that the choices are really limited since the good ones are all labeled for new people only. I did see some of the labels change week to week, or some options that have 0.99 processing fee one week won't the next, so I try to save my points hoping that other options will become available.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2017, 07:07 AM

All of the inmates that I ordered for are apparently new subscribers so that hasn't been a problem. With the 99 cent processing fee and the special offer that you get after placing the order for up to 5 more for $2 each, I was willing to pay that but they auto-renew at the current price unless you cancel so down the road I would have been hit with a couple hundred dollars. I tried a Visa gift card and they didn't accept that. However they took a prepaid reloadable card so I got one and ordered all of the magazines with the fee and closed the account. The cost was about $20 including the fee for the card for 10 subscriptions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rnsgaig For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (07-19-2017), maytayah (07-04-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAshlee View Post
So many of the options are marked as new subscribers only, how are you getting past that?
I emailed customer service for the reward survey people and asked them what the definition of "new subscribers" was. They haven't responded.

My definition would be that it is okay to send the magazine to as many people as you want, as long as it isn't the same person twice. But then I started having trouble sending Sports Illustrated and was never able to get an explanation as to why.

Some time back I ran into a problem when the limitation said "No Gifts". Customer service did respond to this one: It meant that I could sign myself up, but not sign up anyone else. So that reinforces my belief that "new subscribers only" allows for me to send to inmates.

R. Mc.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:37 PM

I tried it for my fiance with th new subscribers! It went throw and my fiance already got the Sports ILlustrations so yes that was surprising but it works. But I dont know when and when not. But it works.
maytayah (07-05-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 PM

My penpal received the Time Magazine so thank you so much from him and I. He really loved receiving it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful2724 For This Useful Post:
rmc50 (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts

My pen pal in Illinois has started receiving time magazine he is in solitary so it means a lot thank you x

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
rmc50 (07-11-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 11:03 PM

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Crocheting keeps me from unraveling.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:52 AM

My son received Time and SI last week! Thank you ladies!
Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 AM

My friend has received sports illustrated and he is very happy thank you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-20-2017, 10:23 AM
~Jessica from Holland~

I have ordered a lot now and they are all receiving them. I am so happy. These are for a group of men all on segregation in Wisconsin who don't have anyone who writes or supports them. I "order" them a magazine subscription for their birthdays.

With the help of a foundation (FFUP) I send them a by weekly daybrightener (a letter, a page of cartoons, an article and a puzzle). I e-mail them to FFUP and they send them by regular mail.

They are so happy!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:13 PM

How do you order magazine to inmates
Old 07-29-2017, 05:40 PM

The Op had some spare points for magazine subscriptions for inmates. The Op very kindly offered the magazines to other members. If you Pm the OP they may be able to help you.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin1997 View Post
How do you order magazine to inmates

I am not sure that I understand your question.

I have been offering to send magazines to the loved ones of PTO members because I have an arrangement were I can get them for free. If you would like to take part in that just send me a Private Message (PM) with the inmates contact information.

If you are asking how I get these free magazines, I explained that earlier in this thread. I take online surveys and I am rewarded for taking the survey by earning "points" which can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions. If you want to get the same deal, go to rewardsurvey.com . A few minutes once a week will earn you magazines!

If your question is more generic, as in how can an inmate get a subscrition to a magazine: First, make sure that inmates are allowed magazines. I believe that most prisons allow inmates to receive magazines as long as they are "appropriate" and come directly from the publisher. Magazines such as "Playboy" or magazines that feature violence or gang activity might not be allowed.

It is possible for an inmate to sign themselves up, but it can be difficult. They have to obtain an order form (which they might get from a copy of the magazine) and then mail the order for in, along with a money order (which can be difficult for them to obtain). In many cases magazines are arranged by an loved on on the outside.

Most magazines have a website where you can go an sign up. While an inmate can't do this directly, you can do it for them. Just be sure that the inmates ID number is included. I usually put the ID number along with the last name.

R. Mc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
Osugirl (08-01-2017)