Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:43 PM

Post Petition/ IPP Prisoners: Sentenced 4 years IPP in 2006, but still in prison

Hi My names is Lisa. My brother James was convicted of 4 robberies when he was 18 years old. He was sentenced to a 4 year IPP in 2006. 11 years has passed and my brother is still in prison.

I have included information below. Please if you agree can you please sign my petition. Thank you.

James did not play a lead role. There was no physical injuries caused to the victims and on 2 of the 4 offences such was the role of James that he did not come into direct contact with the victims.

Now regardless of James' involvement he decided to get involved and should rightly be punished for his crimes. the other persons involved were all out after a couple years so where is the justice for James. The only one who received IPP when all co-d's were guilty of the same charges. However James has now done 11 years in prison and is therefore 7 years pass the recommendation of the sentencing judge. Having completed all offending behaviour programs to a high standard. He has reduced his risk of re-offending significantly, yet he remains in prison even though he has been assessed vigorously by prison authorities as a low risk of committing offences of a violent nature. He needs to be rehabilitated back into the community, and by that they mean fobbing him off to a hostel. NO, why? Why should he be distanced from his loved ones who are there to support him. Surely it would be better for him to come home to his family.

There is a significantly high amount of prisoners who have gotten far less prison time for more serious crimes such as rape, murder, baby killers etc. A robbery conviction holds a sentence of around 2-3 years now if you multiply that by the 4 James was charged with, that is 12 years maximum do 6 years so even then he has still doubled his time.

HOW LONG IS TOO LONG???????
WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH????

James will be considered for release in May 2018 by the parole board who are the only authority able to grant James his freedom. Even after release James will receive a 10 year minimum license, how is this right? Still controlled by the authorities, still punished for a crime committed when he was 18, that he has well and truly served his time for. My brother is 30 in September. He has lost enough of his life to this IPP. This needs to end now.
Please sign HERE.

Last edited by patchouli; 07-17-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Beach Girl

I checked out your petition but the link didn't go anywhere.. it said there wasn't a petition.
Either way, good luck!