Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Prison Activism
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Activism What's going on? How to become involved.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:28 AM
I♥my hubby!

Default Phone rates, email Ajit Pai Chairman of Federal Communications Commission

https://www.fcc.gov/about/leadership/ajit-pai

This is the man that is in charge of the FCC. I think we should all email him and let him know that we support lower phone rates/caps for all states that have phone rates that are sky high. In Texas, the rate is 25 cents a minute. They used to be higher, so things are getting better, but they are far from fair.

Inmates being connected to the outside world will only lead to a safer world in general. More connected inmates are more likely to safely re-integrate into the world once they get out. More connected inmates are less likely to re-offend. Connected inmates are less likely to commit violence/do bad things while they are locked up.

Making families of inmates pay sky high rates is simply unfair. We have not committed any crimes. We are victims. Why are we being price gouged?
How is it not a monopoly when you can't choose what phone company you use? In Texas, it's Securus or nothing. I have no choice which company to use. It's completely unfair.

I think if this guy gets emails from a lot of people about this issue, it might make him reconsider his stance.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,304 Times in 13,647 Posts

The asshat decided not to pursue litigation against the major phone service providers in an attempt to lower inmate calls. He was appointed by tRump, no doubt

It may not help, but it also can't hurt for his office to be flooded with emails The larger the number of people that email, the "louder the voice."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-14-2017), K6770 (05-14-2017), Tina (05-15-2017)