Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinBroch4him View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for giving me a place where I thought I would never find. A place of comfort and comraderie where it's okay that I am labeled "loving a sex offender" even though he's innocent of the charges. A place where you say..."he's innocent, just wrong place, wrong time...small town" and people don't talk to you like...."suuuuurrrre". I have found out sooo much info that otherwise I would have never found!! I have found friends, people who understand and encourage instead of judge. I have found a little tiny peace of heaven and encouragement to get my strength back and I can hold my head high! I don't know if you read these anymore but if you do..thank you for giving me my voice back when I felt I had none left. Thank you for taking the time when sooo many others would or said they couldn't. Alone we are nothing, together we are invincible!!
I found this quote and I feel it's really comforting...

"There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, popular, or political, but because it is right."— Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I was going to reply to this, then I stopped to read yours and I was like "Man...this is exactly how I feel". It is a little peace of heaven. Coming on here gives me encouragement to move forward and remind me of the strength I have. I am not judge'd here and I feel a sense of understanding that I dont get a lot of other places. Loved the quote too!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs_perez For This Useful Post:
quelastima (07-27-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 11:50 AM

thanks for creating this site. i just joined today but been reading alot and all that. hoping my mans sentencing will be over soon but will still be here to help others so many look down on our loved ones not knowing what happened. this sites is great for us to talk
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgesWifey For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-26-2010)
Old 07-03-2010, 04:38 PM

I just wanted to thank you for creating this site. You probably DO know how much it means to so many people. Coming from a family that never dealt with the prison system then finding my husband who seemed to always be in the prison system, If it wasn't for all the wonderful people I have met through here I honestly think I would have gone crazy dealing with DOC. You are awesome and for all your good hearted work and feelings you have put into this site May you blessed .
Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeRain For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-03-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Account Closed

Default many thank...

It takes experiences like these to bring forth a VOICE that enables the rest of us (not me because I am new and really havent had any negative issues) to know that something can and will be done when rights or other acts are misguided, at times us being the victims in our quest to simply be there for our loved ones.
I may speak as though there is first-hand knowledge but I really speak on behalf of my loved ones mom who had endured unjust behaviors for her sons previous incarceration and once for herself when she was falsely arrested for a DUI charge.
I hope this site has healed your and that of your families emotional wounds.

I can see that there are many here that have been helped and I know this site is a blessing to them.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Unhappy broken hearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_perez View Post
I was going to reply to this, then I stopped to read yours and I was like "Man...this is exactly how I feel". It is a little peace of heaven. Coming on here gives me encouragement to move forward and remind me of the strength I have. I am not judge'd here and I feel a sense of understanding that I dont get a lot of other places. Loved the quote too!
Thank you for that. My boyfriend was just sentenced as a sex offender. His ex has chased him, and managed to get numerous young women, even a couple of her own daughters to accuse him; he finally gave up and took the deal they offered him when I was falling sick two months ago (I had gall bladder surgery). Now I am well and he is gone. I know he is scared, and I am scared & both of us hurt so much.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 AM

Interesting site, I can clearly relate to the addition thread since I am a drunk and druggy and I am clean and sober but I am what I am. I am having a hard time dealing with the system and how I was able to not get caught up with the troubles my brothers have faced.

I am reading and it is hard to totally understand and I am working very hard not to judge, or point fingers at things since I believe; “By the grace of God there go I” So thanks for allowing me to be part of this site and for helping me better understand this not so unique journey in life.

Cheers.
patchouli (07-28-2010)
Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_perez View Post

i believe everyone makes mistakes.. therefore one can not judge another based on who or what they did in their past!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Loving Ray Always & 4ever

I am very new to this.....im much in love with an amazing man who is currently serving the last year of his sentence at Folsom State Prison. I knew next to nothing before finding this site...Thank you for answering a few of my many questions. God Bless You!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinloverg731 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-01-2010)
Old 08-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYAOYAS View Post
Interesting site, I can clearly relate to the addition thread since I am a drunk and druggy and I am clean and sober but I am what I am. I am having a hard time dealing with the system and how I was able to not get caught up with the troubles my brothers have faced.

I am reading and it is hard to totally understand and I am working very hard not to judge, or point fingers at things since I believe; “By the grace of God there go I” So thanks for allowing me to be part of this site and for helping me better understand this not so unique journey in life.

Cheers.
Hang in there! AND, congratulations on your own personal success.
DO take advantage of the info you find here for your transition into civilian status as an ex-con. Call the SS office in your area...better yet, walk in and ask for thir assistance!
I stand to correct you; it is a unigue journey of life! It is YOUR JOURNEY and it will be what makes you into that UNIGUE man in your walk for your success in life.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Default Another Heartbroken Mom

Good morning David, Thank God for wounderfull men like yourselves because I am lost I have never had anything like this happened to our family, My 19 year old son is now in Kern County reception area waiting for placement he recieved 2 year sentence with having to do 50 percent time this is all Greek to me . I have cried a million tears are family is still in shock because the attorney kept saying my son would get probation for first time offender . But now I am ready to wipe my eyes and become the strong parent that I need to be for my son. When I came across this site I was thrilled to be able to recieve any information that will be helpfull. Thank you again for not forgetting the inmates that you left behind. Hearbroken Mom
The Following User Says Thank You to Kathynori For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-06-2010)
Old 03-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Donation Award 

I know after 14 pages of thank you notes, you get how much we appreciate this site. But you get at least one more!

Before my guy went in, we were able to learn a little about where he is going, and grateful for finding information I wanted, I now work hard to be a proponent of providing information that I find useful. My man is ever grateful for the support I receive here & it has even helped him in many ways. I knew about a potential lock down before he did, so he got to go get supplies to be ready... Thankfully it didn't happen, but he was grateful to have a chance to prepare.

I have found friends and people who make me feel not alone. You can never understand being involved with the BOP until you have to be. It was eye opening. I come from a rather "normal" middle class family that doesn't want to understand this world & PTO has become my main source of support.

I was saddened to my core after going to visit my guy the week before Christmas and only 3 guys out of 1700+ in his facility had visitors. So many guys just get left behind. They are already doing their time, they don't deserve to be alone, too. I now joined the card swap & want to help give back at least as much as I have gotten from having this as a resource.

Thank you from me, my inmate & any other person that comes across this site in their darkest hours. You have helped shine a little light for us all! You are an angel...

HUGS!!!
Cactus (03-28-2011), David (04-19-2017), patchouli (03-28-2011)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 AM
will always be his girl

Thank you so much for creating this site. i am so happy about being able to come to a place and not feel like im being judged for whom im in love with. knowing that i can get info and be able to get support is awsome. i wish i would have found this 6 yrs ago when i first started the prison bids with my S.O. My S.O. is also very happy that i am apart of this site and sends his thanks also..

It'S oUr TiMe To ShInE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serenothompson For This Useful Post:
Cactus (03-28-2011), patchouli (03-28-2011)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 PM

just wanted to say hi and thanks for creating PTO. i saw your 'light' was on so i hope your doing better now after the accident
David (04-19-2017), fbopnomore (05-16-2012), patchouli (05-16-2012)
Old 04-18-2017, 06:11 PM

Default Thank you....

Hi, David!

My best friend has been incarcerated for 25 years now, and out of those 25 years, I have been visiting him and writing him for 13 of those years. I didn't know how to get a hold of him after he was convicted, as we lived in different cities and had not communicated for a while. I used to have a different way of thinking about those incarcerated; a topic my fiancée I were just talking about last night on the phone. He's incarcerated too. But, it was through visits with my friend and actually being a CO for all of three months, that I realized I was grossly mislead in what I was always told about prison and how prisoners were actually treated. I started to actually care about my friend's well-being and those of others incarcerated too. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to build this site, and believe me, it "IS" going to change someone's life. There is "POWER" in numbers, but people have to "want" to change things! They can't say they want change and then sit and do nothing! Change only comes from people getting involved and taking "action"! I applaud you for what you're doing and I hope it does lead to a full-time job for you, because "THIS" site is very important to the those of us who need guidance and assistance when we've run out of options.

Best of luck to you and may God bless you three-fold for wanting to help others.

Blessings,
Cindy

Quote:
My interest in the Prisoner Support System is both personal and moral. I am a recently released federal prisoner who has had his eyes opened. I left behind many people with families not unlike my own., and though they are many miles away from me now, I have not forgotten them and the time we shared. PrisonTalk Online is one of the ways I want to help them, their families, and all others with an interest in prisoner support and reforming the criminal justice system effect change.

I was sentenced to 27 months in the federal prison for the charge of “felon in possession of prohibited weapon”, specifically a deer rifle. My previous felony charge was unauthorized use of a motor vehicle - “joyriding” back in 1992. 7 years later when I was close to completing the 10-year probation term imposed by my judge, I made the mistake of pawning the family deer rifle to pay off a traffic ticket, which fell under an amnesty period I wanted to take advantage of. The ATF seized the weapon after I tried to get it out of pawn and about 9 months after that I was arrested and charged. Even though I did not use the weapon in any crime or even have it on my physical possession, I was going to prison.

Voices the Prison Administrations try not to hear….

During my incarceration my family and I experienced what most inmates and their families have to deal with, very little in the way of Rights and Respect.
Our first taste was a denial of my mother’s visitation for a (FALSE) positive result from a drug “sniffer”(ionizer) detector which was later found to be grossly inaccurate but left unchecked until the warden was himself was embarrassed when he demonstrated the device and came up positive. This took place after MONTHS of turn-a-ways, some from visitors coming as far as 1400 miles… (Larry Cullum – Story in the November Coalition’s Razor Wire newspaper) Many of them wrote grievances to him and Washington but nothing changed until someone with rank in the Post Office, who was visiting a relative, was turned away due to a false positive. Why were our families numerous complaints not heard and dealt with a proper manner?

During this time period, numerous other inmates whose family and friends were denied visits due to false positives “sniffer” tests approached me about getting our families together to take action as a group. This was the point of conception for the PrisonTalk Online idea. We needed a forum where our families and those that care could come together with a united voice, one that the administration would hear better.

Visitation was only one concern. Medical is another serious problem in the prison systems. It was not uncommon to see men “fall-out” on the compound due to a stroke or heart attack and then be made to walk to the clinic. Inmates that had cuts that would obviously require stitches would be taped up because the doctor that was “on-call” didn’t want to drive to the prison. I’ve seen fingers that were broken and not properly set have to be partially amputated because of the error.. One of the worst cases was a gentleman who had surgery to remove and fuse a number of vertebrae. A few weeks after his surgery they discovered they fused and removed the wrong ones!

These are only a few examples of what inmates and the people who care about them are faced with on a daily basis. If this web site provides the medium to assist in solving only one problem facing those inside, it will be worth it.. I believe it has the potential to do much more..

Today, I spend a large part of my time turning the plans I made my cell into reality. Right now, I do this as a “hobby” in my spare time but I hope to make it a full time effort in the future.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to everyone that is working to help prisoners and their families. I was in contact with many of you during my own stay and it made a difference to know there are people on the outside that care and are working to make a difference.

David

Last edited by David; 04-18-2017 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: cleaning up the quotes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CAS2017 For This Useful Post:
David (04-18-2017), fbopnomore (04-19-2017), nimuay (04-18-2017), patchouli (04-18-2017)