Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 PM

New York?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 AM

Default Answer for info on appeal update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreysstuff View Post
My hubby told me there is a website that you can go to to see where the appeal is standing and if they have made a decision and all of that but he didn't know where. Does any one know how to find it?????? I don't even know where to begin. I would love to check on it.

Hi,
I am am in Michigan not sure where you are at however you should be able to google the county his case is supported by typing in the name of the county and state web address. Each county has there own website unless it's in the sticks then you have to contact the circuit court for that county to inquire on status of appeal. However was is concerning if he doesn't have an update and you either like most appeal attorneys who are over worked and under paid he made not have filed on his behalf due to lack of proof for his case. I hope this helps. and if not shoot me back a feed on the county, state, city and the number district court and i an message you back a link to locate it .
Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Default need help!!!

i want to appeal my husbands sentencing in CA. he made a deal and got 17 years and hes been down for six years.

Last edited by Aguilar1211; 07-04-2012 at 12:28 AM..
Old 05-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
My hubby told me there is a website that you can go to to see where the appeal is standing and if they have made a decision and all of that but he didn't know where. Does any one know how to find it?????? I don't even know where to begin. I would love to check on it.
If it's his habeas it will be on Pacer. You will have to sign up for it. You will receive $15.00 free over 3 or 4 months. If it's a state appeal you will have to check the county website.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:59 PM

My husband is at MCI Cedar Junction (DDU). We just found out his appeal got denied. He also file for "revoke and revised" and that motion also got denied. His trial lawyer never gave him an option to plead out which has a lesser sentence of what he have now. As for his appeal lawyer he did not fight for him what so ever and at the end the lawyer wrote a nasty letter basically telling him he deserves it. So that explain why his appeal got denied. My husband was charge in a joint venture. I'm at a stand still not knowing what to do. I feel like everything is shutting down on us. I started to do research and come up with nothing. Could someone help guide me as to where or what I should do?

Thank you in advanced.

Cyn

Last edited by Cyndylulu; 07-23-2016 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Appeal got denied, need help
Old 07-23-2016, 06:57 PM
attorney

Thanked 19,661 Times in 7,086 Posts

If he pled out, his avenues for appeal are minimal. The grounds for those minimal appeals are via habeas corpus.

Fwiw, there's no guarantee that somebody will be allowed to plead out to a lesser charge.

Since his direct appeal was denied, and he's apparently doing his own post direct appeals work, what do you need exactly?
Old 07-25-2016, 03:59 PM

Default Appeal

Quote:
It could depend on the county what information you can obtain. I do know in Clark County Ohio you can. So I'll give you that, but put in your county and see if it shows up.
Google courtview municipal (your county) ohio, that will take you to Clerk of Court, hit AGREE at end of that page then on same page on upper left hit Online cases. That will take you to portal page where you put your husbands name, you'll see where they ask for dates;etc but you don't have to put in. There you'll see if appeal case is closed or active, hit the case number on left on line that says appeal.
You will also see the dates and file process of appeal. I hope this helps, if not feel free to contact me with husbands name and county and I will assist in helping you. Take Care, Doni
Old 02-23-2017, 08:06 PM

Is there one for Mississippi?
Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 AM

what about arizona?
Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,917 Times in 983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisinariz View Post
what about arizona?
There is a court website for AZ but not specifically for appeals.
https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
nimuay (04-10-2017)