Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO News, Information & Events What's new, and what is coming to our web community. Administrative notices and information.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts
Default Forum maint. & cleanup - Where did that forum disappear to?

Prior to our coming site upgrades (news on that soon), we are going to be moving around threads and deleting some forums that do not have much activity. If you find a forum (and its threads) missing, please visit this here to find out where the threads were moved to. We do not any threads unless they are a TOS / Rules violation. Alternately, if you know the name of a thread, you can use the search feature to look it up.

The Cleaned up forum list. It will be updated as we go. This will likely take quite a bit of time to do correctly so check back if you like. All updates will be done in this first post by staff handling the cleanup.

MILITARY forum cleanup.
The deleted Military forums are:
Introductions
News & Events
What You Need to Know
Visitation
Phones, Packages & Mail
Forum Lounge
Parole Probation & Release
Prison Profiles
*Should future activity warrant it, we'll re-add the forums and move content back.
The remaining military forum is here: Military Prison Talk
daddysbabydoll (04-02-2017), jadah (02-28-2017), Keltria (02-28-2017), miamac (02-28-2017), nimuay (03-01-2017), patchouli (02-28-2017), Patrickj (02-28-2017), Sarianna (03-01-2017), sass4221 (02-28-2017), sidewalker (03-01-2017), Tina (03-09-2017), trauma4us (03-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 02:51 PM

Please try not to make changes that aren't compatible with the XP operating system. Many of us still use it because it works flawlessly, unlike newer Micro$oft products.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

None of the streamlining changes we are doing now will have any affect on browsers or operating systems. It has nothing to do with graphics or navigation. Just content adjustment and elimination of areas that are not widely used any longer.

More than anything with websites... It's the browsers that matter more than the computer OS, so as long as you can still run that, you shouldn't have a problem..

XP ehh? Yeah, that was a good OS that I enjoyed for years, but I would caution you about security, if you are not already aware. Microsoft ended support for XP in April of 2014 and no longer updates security for it, leaving your computer potentially vulnerable, even with virus protection. Just an FYI..
Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM

XP ehh? Yeah, that was a good OS that I enjoyed for years, but I would caution you about security, if you are not already aware. Microsoft ended support for XP in April of 2014 and no longer updates security for it, leaving your computer potentially vulnerable, even with virus protection. Just an FYI..

Thanks for the advice. I use Firefox, which works very well, at least for now. I protect my system with Avast, RogueKiller, MalwareBytes, HitmanPro and CCleaner. Nothing's penetrated that any of them have found. Reloading device drivers and changing apps like Office would be a real pain in the posterior.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:38 PM

Are you sticking with V-bulletin?

I'm the asst community manager of a very large 1million+ member V-bulletin board.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
Are you sticking with V-bulletin?
This will be included very soon in our upgrade map but the short answer is... NOPE... Moving to Xenforo.. Like a large number of Big Boards have done in recent years.. Of course, the XF team is who created vBulletin, and it is very similar, with plenty of improvements..

Again, I'll be posting about all of this shortly.

Last edited by David; 03-10-2017 at 03:29 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-01-2017), sidewalker (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,413 Times in 10,009 Posts

Well now, being a total computer nerd, HOW MUCH CHANGE will there be? Will I be lost forever in the minutia of how to load and edit and all that sort of thing, or is there a continuity of sorts?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

I'm getting a little ahead of myself but, it'll be more about upgrading features than any real shift in navigation and layout. We might throw some enhanced graphics in for good measures (one day), but nothing major.

Most important will be site speed, MOBILE access and thing like being notified about something new without having to refresh a page..

So glad to still see you around here! And I love that Siggy icon.. I still miss her! Seeing it puts a smile on my face!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,413 Times in 10,009 Posts

Well, she comes and goes....last week she wasn't on a single post, now she's back...go figure!

Glad it brought back good memories!