Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:38 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 913 Posts

My realization that I have an utter disdain for certain types of men...that it's not ALL men...or else how I could I love this man I'm with. I have been seeing my counselor again and we have been working through some of my trust issues which stems back to men.

When I was homeless and addicted men would try and solicit me for sex. At 15-16 years old I remember being disgusted by the men that would approach me and ask for the things they would ask. My bright spot is the fact that I overcome this and that I am truly in love with a really amazing man. Mindfully I still am working on my trust issues and there are things that come up...but another bright spot I have is that I have found someone who is truly loving, and compassionate enough to be on this journey with me and help me work through the trust issues I have. I love my life, and enjoy the direction it is going but it has only contributed to a more beautiful and wonderful life full of things I never imagined possible. I am truly grateful and wanted to take a moment this morning to recognize that.
AnarchyHeart (02-09-2016), mooshy (01-26-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2016, 05:55 PM
weary
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,019 Posts

My new job is going very well, better than i could have hoped for. I have been accepted by the team, and invited out to go clubbing with the girls......I'm old enough to be their Mother!!! My wife has no problem with me knowing all these new people, and thinks it's funny that I am going for a night out. Se laughs at my fear - never exploits it.

The funniest part about my job is that I spend my day explaining therapy and helping them to access mental health services. I "sell" them therapy (NHS so it's free).The irony of the situation is not wasted on me.
Cutepixie (02-06-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 PM

Mooshy I am actually watching a TED talk right now about positive psychology. Measuring happiness and utilizing positive psychology. It's interesting. I fall more in line with acceptance and mindfulness and utilize positive psychology. I love the way that approaches are leaning more towards wellness.
mooshy (02-07-2016)
Old 02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
weary
Donation Award 

Oh yes I can lose hours on TED. Brene Brown's talk on vulnerability was a lightbulb moment that I happened upon one day.
Cutepixie (02-08-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 04:30 AM

Thanked 1,711 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutepixie View Post
My realization that I have an utter disdain for certain types of men...that it's not ALL men...or else how I could I love this man I'm with. I have been seeing my counselor again and we have been working through some of my trust issues which stems back to men.

When I was homeless and addicted men would try and solicit me for sex. At 15-16 years old I remember being disgusted by the men that would approach me and ask for the things they would ask. My bright spot is the fact that I overcome this and that I am truly in love with a really amazing man. Mindfully I still am working on my trust issues and there are things that come up...but another bright spot I have is that I have found someone who is truly loving, and compassionate enough to be on this journey with me and help me work through the trust issues I have. I love my life, and enjoy the direction it is going but it has only contributed to a more beautiful and wonderful life full of things I never imagined possible. I am truly grateful and wanted to take a moment this morning to recognize that.
I hope it's ok I respond here. You are one strong and tough woman. Life sometimes gives us some harsh life learning tools(?). Looking back then, now and years down the road it can be amazing where we end up. Back when I didn't know all the resources, but I did know to keep moving forward. I also learned it is only the strongest of men (or partners) who can help us move forward. Many others fall short of having this, they instead make us feel worse and it's a move backwards. That one took me time because I didn't see at first how harmful that ends up being... For me. That person will call it our weakness. The right ones, I think it's their own confidence and strength, show us our own confidence and strength. It's not a competition on who's better, but instead a teamwork of making each other the best we can be. It's probably mutual for him with you. My husband is the only one who was able to do this. And I know I do the same for him. And that's what makes you so wonderful to him, to have in his life also.
Just thought I'd say it. Hope it makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (02-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 11:40 AM

When you meet someone and finally realize that all the hard work you have done has led you right to opening the door to something that may very well be quite wondrous, and beautiful and that you are at the point in your life to accept every bit of it! Oh man. I'm blushing right now. I am....so ready. Realizing that and understanding that is really awesome! That is my bright spot.
+VERDE+ (04-11-2016), mooshy (04-10-2016), nimuay (04-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,479 Times in 10,033 Posts

Good for you, Pixie!
Cutepixie (04-11-2016)
Old 08-07-2016, 11:02 AM
weary
Donation Award 

2 weeks off work, just after i won a promotion.
Cutepixie (08-09-2016)
Old 08-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

A promotion, eh? Brava! And 2 weeks of vaycay? Not half bad!

Good to see you around again!
Cutepixie (08-09-2016), mooshy (08-22-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 09:30 AM

Grateful for every day I wake up. Every morning I open my eyes and am so grateful for the abundance of small gifts this beautiful world offers to us. The sun rise. The clouds on that particular day. The smell in the air from the trees (where I live it's very outdoorsy and I really enjoy that). The way the river flows and the sounds it makes as it flows by. My bright spot is that I can appreciate and take in these things. That I am mindful of them. That they make me smile. I can remember a time when I didn't know what smiling looked like anymore. Now, it's hard not to smile. I love that and wanted to share that bright spot with you all. My hope is that anyone who is struggling will understand that there are going to be better days. Gratitude has helped get me through. Gratitude for even the smallest things.
mooshy (09-26-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 03:29 PM
weary
Donation Award 

Where have you all gone?

Ok this is a weird one.......today I cleaned wonder-boy's football boots as well as his rugby boots. Revolting and muddy and a real rubber glove job. But you know what? I really enjoyed myself. Something very satisfying about making something so rank look so good just by washing them.

When I was a kid I used to clean my older brother's football boots - I'd forgotten how much fun it is!!!!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Smile

Mooshy, mooshy, mooshy! Welcome back!

I haven't had a lot of bright spots this year, in fact more black holes than glowing spots. YOU are now a bright spot
mooshy (12-12-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Smile

I haven't had a lot of bright spots this year, in fact more black holes than glowing spots. YOU are now a bright spot
mooshy (12-12-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 07:42 PM

Thanked 2,167 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post

I haven't had a lot of bright spots this year, in fact more black holes than glowing spots. :
Sorry to hear that. I hope 2017 is super shiny and bright for you.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

OMG, Marseilles, too!!!!! A yet brighter day!
Old 12-25-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post

I can totally relate, but reframed and attempted to make what seemed like energy sucking black holes into opportunities for learning. This year was hard.

I am really putting out into the universe good positive energy to have an amazing year coming up. I hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday and a beautiful new year! Remember that growth can come in many different forms. you made it through the year. You were resilient and showed your strength!
mooshy (12-26-2016)