Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 PM

Default Craig Souza

This returns to the question of where a friend of mine , who was doing CA state time is ~ Craig Souza .
Once again trying the (now-closed) old line about him , the Inmate Locator lists no one of his name .
He was last in Pleasant Valley State , in CA , IIRC . This is past the time I recall him telling me he'd likely be out .be past the time he might've been released . His Facebook is non-updated , and , entering him into general search with " Santa Cruz " , there is no Santa Cruz press about him (His offense was something that got him some weird local notoriety , and he'd once commented to me that the Santa Cruz press had said they wanted to interview him when he got out ~ You can look it up for yourself , or if you waat , next time I'm here , I'll tell you . ) , anything beyond what was already up months ago .
Did he get shipped to another state ? Did he ~ ulp ~ die ? In my movings around , my USPS mail , alack , has NOT been following me ...
Old 10-23-2014, 06:15 AM

Have you tried looking on CA V.I.N.E.?
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBrewer2012 For This Useful Post:
BydSarrett (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM

...Thank you , I'll try when I can (can't now) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrewer2012 View Post
Have you tried looking on CA V.I.N.E.?
Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 PM

Wink

...I did so , I suppose he is out now , I believe it said he had been released , and I know/believe you can't get any information after that ~ So , I dunno .
I hope he's okay .
I presume he'd be on some sorta parole/supervision and so in Santa Cruz and not likely to leave there anyway , I saw no new press , as I said , above the old press for his offense/the time from it: Okay , I mentioned " the circumstances " ~ It's kindly of weirdly funny/odd , the thing that led to his time (The " real " reason , not the standard legal-type reason .) , the extended local time (where I met him) and the eventual state bid ~ Craig , if you're ever reading this , I am just telling the truth about what happened ~ It is a little " funny "/weird , frankly , I seem to have , in the past , run afoul here of the rules regarding putting links up to news stories (And , too , the sort of " funniness " might seem to mix rather badly with me wondering if he's still alive , and I sort of like to be mysterious/suprise people with stories which I put up anyway .) , so , I'll say that , if you want to read his story , enter " Craig Souza " , Santa Cruz " and " did it for love " , you should hopefully get the local Santa Cruz paper (The Sh*t - uh , Sentinel) and/or the one or two relatively " local " TV stations' (In...Fremont ? It's sort of a " fringe " area , apparently , for TV/especially in the pre-cable era . Besides those?? it's San Francisco TV stations there .) pages' versions of it - Other pages just picked up , legally or no , /rewrote their stories , perhaps the local media had forgotten him by the time he got out/been turned off by him " really " going to prison or , maybe , he was ~ maybe ~ working from inaccurate information .
Maybe the media DID say it to you ~ Maybe it was someone low-ranking , himself BS'ing you ?
Old 12-26-2014, 02:37 PM

...I E'd someone I knew in SC, he had not heard of him ~ Any suggestions for trying to find him,anyone?
I think searching might tend to just find the old stories about his offense.........
Old 12-26-2014, 02:48 PM

Thanked 1,046 Times in 384 Posts

The name is mentioned here but I cannot open the link as I am in Ireland:

http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/home/...ument?id=41026
The Following User Says Thank You to Macushla For This Useful Post:
BydSarrett (12-27-2014)
Old 12-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,402 Times in 1,594 Posts

This article is over two years old, but it seems then Craig was still n SC.

http://m.ksbw.com/news/Inmate-says-h...-love/15160340
The Following User Says Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
BydSarrett (12-27-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 09:32 AM

Vinelink states that Craig Michael Souza is out of custody. https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/de...hType=offender
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthmother For This Useful Post:
BydSarrett (12-27-2014), fbopnomore (12-27-2014), Macushla (12-27-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 02:04 PM

...I haven't time to make another search now , thank you , Earth , saf , mac .
I'll see what I can do now/maybe later .
Yes , his oddball (not , technically , what he went up the river for , it was general probation violation but come on !!!!!!!!! Messing up the system that way .) offense got lots of press , tho such as that just repeated/swiped/whatever what the Santa Cruz Sentinel and at least one area TV station actually first-hand wrote up and posted .
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM

...Looking once again , I found a November 5 , 2014 arrest in Santa Cruz for him - :-( - oh well . :-( but no details beyond that .
Old 10-27-2015, 06:04 PM

...And , looking closer , a July 18 , 2015 copshop (arrest) for him ~ also in " The Cruz " ~ Again , oh well:-( .
It looks like I started this line just a touch after the first of the two arrests ~ I know I checked for him a # of times , I guess just the particular " Arrests " site I found didn't get up til' recently???

Last edited by BydSarrett; 10-27-2015 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Adding some detail .
The Following User Says Thank You to BydSarrett For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-28-2015)
Old 10-22-2016, 07:36 PM

...I need to check some more before doing this , but I want to see if I ask for help in finding him again here - I looked some on the teeny weeny AT&T " message phone " that is all I have at my place-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BydSarrett View Post
...And , looking closer , a July 18 , 2015 copshop (arrest) for him ~ also in " The Cruz " ~ Again , oh well:-( .
It looks like I started this line just a touch after the first of the two arrests ~ I know I checked for him a # of times , I guess just the particular " Arrests " site I found didn't get up til' recently???
Old 11-02-2016, 12:47 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,753 Times in 1,607 Posts

Best guess would be that he's on parole somewhere in Santa Cruz County based on the information you've provided. (Possibly off, but not given his arrest record since release, but then again, parole is strange...) He's not currently in custody per VineLINK and the CDCR Inmate Locator. Looks like he had a February 2016 arrest in Santa Cruz. Nothing I can see since then. Maybe a police report would have an address of residence on it? Not sure....
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 11-19-2016, 11:17 PM

Question

[quote=BydSarrett;7376294]This returns to the question of where a friend of mine , who was doing CA state time is ~ Craig Souza .
Once again trying the (now-closed) old line about him , the Inmate Locator lists no one of his name .
He was last in Pleasant Valley State , in CA , IIRC . This is past the time I recall him telling me he'd likely be out .be past the time he might've been released . His Facebook is non-updated , and , entering him into general search with " Santa Cruz " , there is no Santa Cruz press about him (His offense was something that got him some weird local notoriety , and he'd once commented to me that the Santa Cruz press had said they wanted to interview him when he got out ~ You can look it up for yourself , or if you waat , next time I'm here , I'll tell you . ) , anything beyond what was already up months ago .
Did he get shipped to another state ? Did he ~ ulp ~ die ? In my movings around , my USPS mail , alack , has NOT been following me ...[/QUO
What county is he is from? I went to high school in San Luis Obispo with a Craig Souza. Look at his friends page on FB, maybe they have talked to him recently? Family? Worth a try, do a pm on FB to one of his friends....Best of luck to you. How old is he btw? And when did he graduate from HS?