Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 10-29-2016, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the information! I been reading alot of case law, looking for some shredded of hope. So far ineffective assistance of counsel is the main point of the appeal but it's very likely insufficient evidence will also attach. The process in Ohio is relatively short in comparison to other states, he was arrested, tried and convicted to life in 93 days. The sentence passed within an hour of the verdict. I have a stack of potential evidence in his favor that the original attorney, public defender, refused to accept including 2 phones and proof of employment. These alone would have served to prove the victim was lying and also her mother. There were various documents and video taped police interviews the attorney had presented during pretrial and 2 witnesses (including a DNA expert) that were on the witness list but we're not called to testify, are any of these things admissible in an appeal? I need some shred of hope!
Sponsored Links