Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > The War on Drugs - and the results of it
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The War on Drugs - and the results of it A war against drugs, or against families?

Old 09-25-2016, 07:41 PM

Thanked 1,053 Times in 585 Posts
Default Another way the War On Drugs kills

From 2012, here's an article about people being coerced into becoming informants, in one case to avoid going to prison for half an ounce of weed.

The Throwaways

Police enlist young offenders as confidential informants. But the work is high-risk, largely unregulated, and sometimes fatal.

n the evening of May 7, 2008, a twenty-three-year-old woman named Rachel Hoffman got into her silver Volvo sedan, put on calming jam-band music, and headed north to a public park in Tallahassee, Florida. A recent graduate of Florida State, she was dressed to blend into a crowd—bluejeans, green-and-white patterned T-shirt, black Reef flip-flops. On the passenger seat beside her was a handbag that contained thirteen thousand dollars in marked bills.

Read the entire article below:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...the-throwaways

Over and over again, civilian informants are sent into undercover operations against armed dealers who kill informants.

Edited by Admin to conform with PTO's Copyright Rules

Last edited by patchouli; 09-25-2016 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Copyright Rules
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Thumbs down Another way the War on Drugs Kill

Very common here in San Luis Obispo County CA. Use a youngster over 18 to snitch off drug dealers . Had a similar experience several years ago when my dum dum hubby was with a known snitch working for Law Enforcement to avoid going to Prison on a 459PC. My hubby didn't know the guy was a snitch till Parole showed up at the guys residence, and this mo fo planted illegal drugs next to my husband in a container like Alto's, and when opened it had opioids in it like illegal prescription drugs that were not in the guys name. My husband was arrested for it and sent to State Prison for 18 months. The Snitch got a pay off from Law Enforcement and was not sent to county jail......Nothing. I was so pissed off that my hubby was even with this clown. It was a set up from the get go....so no news like this is good news.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,192 Times in 10,377 Posts

I'm sorry for what happened, but unfortunately that is business as usual for many police departments, shooting fish in a barrel.