Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > 911 > Prison Petitions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Petitions Post all petitions here.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Catcher of the cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer29 View Post
This may seem like an obvious pointer, but I think it's important for petitions to use proper English grammar, punctuation and spelling.

There is nothing more disappointing than reading a petition that makes valid points, getting all fired up to sign it and then noticing that it looks like it was written by an elementary school student. Sadly, I don't sign petitions drafted by someone who didn't care enough to even use the spell check feature on the computer. I would think that the addressees who receive the petitions also notice this.

If you're unsure of grammar, spelling or punctuation, have a second or third person proofread the petition. I think the petitions' subject matter as well as prospective signers deserve a professional, dignified appearance. I hope you do too.
As I'm using English as second language,This is very important for me.
I'm thinking to start a petition,but I need to convince not only people who(hopefully)join,but who receive the petition.and I need to challenge other country's penal law (L.O.P in Texas)..It must be hard,but I have to remind me always.Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Banned

Writing a petition is not as difficult as you might think. However there are few general principles or guidelines for writing a successful petition.
1. Write clearly and concisely to start the petition.
2. Spell check and proof read to make sure it sounds serious and professional.
3. Use the power of email in order to reach a global audience of millions with only a minimal investment in terms of time and money.
4. Foster an online community through group discussion, blogs, links, and other online tools to engage in intelligent dialogue, and educate each other about the issues at stake.
5. Publicize your petition online as publicity always helps.
6. Be practical, Your petition should be ambitious (see the next tip), but realistic.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 PM

Post Wrongful Conviction/Reducing sentence

Okay I need help from anyone with any answers. So this is my situation my husband was convicted as a minor for a murder charge. He was convicted on hear say and has spend most of his life in prison. He had no lawyer present and they lied to him to get him to sign the papers that gave him the charge. We have filed for a Post Conviction Petition and now the lawyer is saying its going to be denied for a second time. He got sentenced to 55 years for a murder that was pretty much gang related and they never found the weapon his fingerprints were not found on the scene. So the question is this what can I do for our voices to be heard? And how can I start a petition on his behalf for people to sign. I just want him to have a chance of life he has been behind bars since 1996 and wont get paroled until 2024 what can I do?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,324 Times in 13,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzElishaLavow View Post
Okay I need help from anyone with any answers. So this is my situation my husband was convicted as a minor for a murder charge. He was convicted on hear say and has spend most of his life in prison. He had no lawyer present and they lied to him to get him to sign the papers that gave him the charge. We have filed for a Post Conviction Petition and now the lawyer is saying its going to be denied for a second time. He got sentenced to 55 years for a murder that was pretty much gang related and they never found the weapon his fingerprints were not found on the scene. So the question is this what can I do for our voices to be heard? And how can I start a petition on his behalf for people to sign. I just want him to have a chance of life he has been behind bars since 1996 and wont get paroled until 2024 what can I do?
I've moved your post to the Petition forum's thread for How to write and start a petition!

Read through this thread for tips on getting started. Create your petition and post it here in the Petition forum.

Welcome to PTO!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Im new to this site and am looking for a sample petition to assist me in creating my own.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:33 AM

I would like to thank everyone for providing such useful information. I'm in the process of exposing my fiancé's case and I plan to start a petition. I have never done anything like this before so your comments and link resources have been very helpful. As soon as I'm with the petition, I will be sure to include a link for all to review and receive your support by signing my petition. Thank you in advance
Old 02-17-2016, 04:11 PM

Red face I'm just lost

Hi! I read about needing signatures for a 85% to 65% ..and I want to help, I just don't know what to do or where..can you help?
Old 02-17-2016, 07:23 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,324 Times in 13,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in my mind View Post
Hi! I read about needing signatures for a 85% to 65% ..and I want to help, I just don't know what to do or where..can you help?
You can create a petition on any petition site, then create a thread here on PTO detailing what your petition is for....you don't have enough posts to post a link to your petition, so pm the link to any Moderator and we'll either post behind you or insert it in your post.

You may want to check the other petitions in the forum, as there may already be one for that state
Old 07-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Wink Your petition

Thank you - I appreciate this post. Now I understand how to file a petition.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Default Care2 Petitions

I went to Care2 Petitions and it was pretty easy. I wonder which is the best site....