Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:43 PM

Default Looking for resources in los angeles,ca. Help?

Hi all, if anyone knows of any rehab programs that are in la count...specifically in the San Fernando valley area, maybe San Gabriel valley. Please let me know about them. My dude wants to get into a program pretty much soon after he is released. We are hoping somewhere in the San Fernando valley because that's where my son and I are currently living, we're trying to stay close so I can visit him easily. Also he can't afford anything and I can hardly afford anything. Let me know, thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2016, 12:40 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,745 Times in 1,603 Posts

Hi Gina,
Sorry, was checking where else you had posted to see if you'd put up your question about "picking up a charge" elsewhere and ran into this. I'm in Los Angeles County. What I can tell you in regards to rehab (I worked in the industry for a few years) is that there are different options, and in some cases MediCal can pick up the tab if you've got little or no money. Los Angeles County (and every county in California actually) has a resource hotline. In short...you can dial 2-1-1 from any phone, just like 4-1-1 or 9-1-1, and it will connect you to a hotline that can help with all sorts of different resources, from drug and alcohol treatment to affordable housing programs to mental health to medical care.

For a bit more information you can read up on the program at this link: http://www.211california.org

It sounds like you're trying to handle a lot of things at once. I don't know what sort of support network you have in place for yourself, but like I said in my other post, my inbox is always open.

Hoping for a good outcome for both you and your man.

-E
Old 06-26-2016, 11:15 PM

Is he in State prison? Will he be on Parole? If the answers are yes STOP will pay for drug treatment programs. They have STOP programs all over CA. He should try to speak to the re-entry people so it's set up. Some will even pick him up and then he doesn't have to spend his $200.
missingdee (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 02:36 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,745 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustingGOD001 View Post
Is he in State prison? Will he be on Parole? If the answers are yes STOP will pay for drug treatment programs. They have STOP programs all over CA. He should try to speak to the re-entry people so it's set up. Some will even pick him up and then he doesn't have to spend his $200.
Excellent resource recommendation, trusting. Gina knows the specifics but in talking to her it sounds like his current offense is an AB 109 situation and he'd be on probation post-release (not sure if that would change since he has a new charge pending but that might be an AB 109 situation as well, so probation, not parole, and no state prison.) I'm going to look into this as a reference for Dee......right now she looks good to come home once her release date hits, but if she gets out and struggles STOP might be an option, so I've learned something new, and I appreciate it...

-E
Old 06-27-2016, 03:55 PM

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustingGOD001 View Post
I googled STOP but didn't come up with anything. Is there a website or another way of learning about the program?