Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Lost in the System
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Lost in the System Are you having problems locating someone in jail or prison? Place your missing person ad in this forum, as well as find out what resources & techniques others are using to find loved ones in the system.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:52 PM

Default Need help with finding my friend!

Hey everyone!

When I wanted to send an email to my pen pal last night through JPay, I noticed the e-mail option/button was gone all of a sudden. So I did a search on the TDCJ website and saw that his housing was changed to ''Temp release''. That could mean a number of things. He just got his parole denied last month, so I'm sure he is not eligible for another year.

Our only way of contact is emails and letters, since I live overseas in the Netherlands. Contacting him about this would at least take 2 weeks. I read on this forum that I can use Vinelink for a search on his whereabouts, but the website is not accessible from the Netherlands.

So, what I wanted to ask, is there anyone in the U.S. that would want to help me out by doing the search for me and send me the information? If you want to help me with this please send me a private message! I'm worried sick about my friend :-(
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,529 Posts

Vinelink won't say any more than temp release. It won't say hospital, or anything like that.
Probably no reason to worry, just write him a letter. He may also be writing you one.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Donation Award 

The term temp release could also mean that he was transferred back to county for a court hearing regarding his case, fines or an appeal, it does not mean he is in the hospital although that could also be classified as a temp release.