Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Default Signs of addiction while incarcerated...

We all know that drugs a available in prison.. And maybe more so in a woman’s facility. What are the signs to look for that your Loved One is using drugs while incarcerated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Love Dont Run<3

I'd like to know too. :/
I don't think my fiance is using right now - but we were both drug addicts before he went in so I know how easy it is to relapse & he said something about drugs the other day that kinda threw me off.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Them asking for money more often. My ex-bf several years ago relapsed while Incarcerated on meth the first thing I noticed it was him asking for money a lot more often, at visits his eyes and him being sweatier than usual were a dead giveaway. I also remember his letters would go on rants at times that made no sense much like someone on meth talks nonstop!
The Following User Says Thank You to MyBookins For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (12-03-2015)
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 PM

My fiance was using while incarcerated, using Suboxone and Xanax. He would mumble during visits/on the phone, complain of "migraines", couldn't keep his eyes open when I visited, always wanted to go back to his room and cut visits/phone calls short, ask me for money ALL the time saying he needed it for this or that, lying about pointless things. It's hard to know though, because all convos on the phone are recorded and all letters are read, so he couldn't tell me. I had to kind of put the pieces together, and it wasn't until he got to a Halfway house and could talk without a conversation being recorded that he admitted to using.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Msindependent For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (12-03-2015), Wendy1918 (04-18-2014)
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think that it's always easy to know or find out. Maybe some subtle signs that's something's off......my guess is that if you are questioning it and you have valid reason to question it, then unfortunately, you're probably right
The Following User Says Thank You to D's baby For This Useful Post:
Wendy1918 (04-18-2014)
Old 08-31-2015, 07:24 PM
Donation Award 

Default Go in clean, come out addicted!

It's a sad state of affairs when it is easier to find drugs in prison that it is on the outside. My partner went in prison clean back in 2000 and came out six years later fully addicted to heroin, and the circumstances surrounding his addiction are truly deplorable. His addiction, acquired in prison, has been the number one cause of his recidivism, such that most of his adult life has been stolen. He is a text book case for what is wrong with prisons. The entire punitive model is a disgusting commentary on why our society has so many problems. I applaud President Obama for being the first president to bring the nature of incarceration to the forefront of the public's mind, as it is only when you experience it yourself or have a loved one locked away that you begin to understand the nightmare we have unleashed on ourselves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vorlon007 For This Useful Post:
HisWife401 (12-03-2015), lizlizzie2 (03-19-2017)