Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO Quarterly Newsletter
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Quarterly Newsletter Discussion, submission and suggestions for PrisonTalk's Quarterly Newsletter.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Donation Award 

Default The Quaeterly Newsletter

This is an older post, but I am interested in finding out about the mechanics of the Newsletter; how to contribute, how to receive it/download it, how receptive are prison staff to an inmate attempting to post and/or circulate it.

Let me know so I can allot some time to this project too

Drew
Old 06-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,175 Times in 6,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happythingsinc View Post
This is an older post, but I am interested in finding out about the mechanics of the Newsletter; how to contribute, how to receive it/download it, how receptive are prison staff to an inmate attempting to post and/or circulate it.

Let me know so I can allot some time to this project too

Drew
At this moment in time, our Editor in Chief has had some health problems which has prevented us from publishing the Newsletter. We always welcome articles from members. It's just that right now we don't know when the next edition will be released.

Usually when the Newsletter comes out, it is posted in Word Format and PDF format, and our members are welcome to print it out and send it to their loved ones that are incarcerated.

You can find previous editions here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
InsomniaCT (06-29-2015), sidewalker (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Tiny Moderator

@LifeTraveler and PTO Powers that Be,

I am sorry to hear that our Editor is coping with health issues. As one who has had such responsibilities elsewhere, if PTO and its Editor would like my aid in a temporary position to produce a newsletter, please do not hesitate to PM me! I believe that I'm capable of the technical skills, if you are off need of some!

This in no way is meant to be taken as a pitch for replacing our Editor here!! So I do hope it isn't taken that way. I love all things about PTO and if I can help it, holler at me!

To our Newsletter Editor, sending thoughts your way!! May you have all you need to create your health to excellent levels!
fbopnomore (06-29-2015), InsomniaCT (06-29-2015), LifeTraveler (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,592 Posts

Quote:
how receptive are prison staff to an inmate attempting to post and/or circulate it.
Happy, I have not heard of anyone having a hard time in being sent the newsletter, or in sharing it once received. Actually, because this was happening we had a dedicated section of the newsletter for those 'inside', and folks could print out that section to send. We tried to find relevant topics for everyone, and to provide information that would be of benefit. Let us know what you think of the newsletter as you sort through previous editions!

Quote:
This in no way is meant to be taken as a pitch for replacing our Editor here!! So I do hope it isn't taken that way. I love all things about PTO and if I can help it, holler at me!
USPKittie, I am sure I am speaking for all of the Editorial staff when I say that your offer is very much appreciated. We understand your love of PTO, after all, we all started the same way and because of PTO we were able to discover our legs beneath us as well as the strength around us. PTO has been a cherished friend, it has taken care of us when we were at our lowest and now gives us an opportunity to let those new to this life that they will also survive. Thank you for your offer of help. You never know, folks may just take you up on it!

So...What's your point?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-30-2015), LifeTraveler (06-30-2015), USPkittie (06-30-2015)