Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:24 AM

Default Planning to go to rehab

Hi guys I am just new here, my brother and I are heroine addicts. We started doing drugs at a very young age, but my brother now is in jail because of selling heroine just to get high. After my brothers imprisonment I decided not to do drugs anymore. The withdrawal symptoms is really awful, I would really want to get out of this mess. I am planning to go to california in my mom's place to get a new life. I haven't tried any method yet. any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Spook's Lazy Butt

sorry to hear about ur brother, but moving and getting away from where you are is a good move, i think, thats kinda like me i moved home after a 5 year old marriage and it wasnt until my marriage that got me into drugs i moved back home with my family 30 minutes away from the places i would get it and just kept busy, find a hobbie surround ur self with positive people, i cutt of a lot of people and use to have a separate phone line for thoese kind of calls drug calls and i just locked my self away, i was on pills opiates the withdrawals were so bad, but i know heroin is so much more powerful. yes u will wake up bored like i did and kickin all night and sweating at least for me, it was the hardest thing i ever had to do , i wish you luck on it, if you really want it you can do it, and that why i stopped because of the areas and the things i was doing, my boyfriend i have now is locked up and i looked at it this way, i cant be here for him if i am locked up too, so i put that in my mind and im ok now, good luck,.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,169 Times in 6,845 Posts

Congratulations on making the decision not to do drugs anymore. Nobody is going to tell you that it's going to be easy, but it will be worth it in the long run.

If your habit is really bad, I would strongly suggest rehab. Or, at least get to some Nar-Anon Meetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (09-10-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 04:23 AM

Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,126 Posts

yes get in detox!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (09-10-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM
tired

Thanked 14,155 Times in 3,687 Posts

I dont know what part of cali you are coming to but if you go to Red Gate, Changing Spirits, and maybe Tarzana they will help you get on GR ( general relief) at the county building which pays for your program .Thats in Long Beach, CA-LA county. There is lots of help out here if you WANT it.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,285 Times in 607 Posts

Tarzana has a good program!
The Following User Says Thank You to mg113 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (09-10-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Thanked 2,385 Times in 836 Posts

Reach out and stay connected to HEALTHY people and activities!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
bumblebee37 (09-12-2014)
Old 03-04-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicjon View Post
Hi guys I am just new here, my brother and I are heroine addicts. We started doing drugs at a very young age, but my brother now is in jail because of selling heroine just to get high. After my brothers imprisonment I decided not to do drugs anymore. The withdrawal symptoms is really awful, I would really want to get out of this mess. I am planning to go to california in my mom's place to get a new life. I haven't tried any method yet. any advice?
Hi there Spicjon, It's good to hear that you wanted to change now, It's the first step to recovery. Well, with regards to your question, you can try to search for a treatment program on the internet, or some rehab center that provides a good treatment services such as this Care Addiction Recovery Services that I manage to look for you while I'm browsing on the internet. You can also try group meetings like AA and NA, I've heard it's really help in recovery. Good luck to you my friend, hope you'll be recovered soon, and live a happy and sober life.