Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM

oops

Last edited by Amanda_UWW; 11-28-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate_gornick View Post
Hi there!

My name is Cate, and my husband is currently incarcerated at Oshkosh Correctional Institution in Oshkosh, WI. He is serving an 18-month sentence for non-payment of child support (first offense), and his expected release date is Febuary 19th, 2013. He is eligible for ERP, but we have to wait for him to be reclassified in January so he can move to a minimum-security facility and start working toward that.

We are facing some unique challenges in the Wisconsin prison system. I am currently on probation for a misdomeaner offense (which is making phone contact and visits damn-near impossible). He also has medical issues (he has lytic spondylothes and degenerative disk disease, which require a back surgery -- he also has a lot of dental problems) that need to be addressed before he can be reclassified.

Finally, I am 8-1/2 months pregnant with our first child together (we've been married since June 2nd, 2010). He was sentenced in August and we've been coping well so far, but it's been really hard for him to be incarcerated during the pregnancy (and potentially the first year of our child's life).

I'm glad that I found this place -- if anyone wants to network, I'd be glad to send them a message. Also, I'd definitely appreciate some insight into medical/psych proceedure and ERP in the Wisconsin Prison System.

Thanks!
Cate
If he needs any medical attention, the prison will evaluate him and he could be released to a hospital. They also have dental in the prison but I believe it would come out of your pocket. Have you tried calling Oshkosh? My husband will be transfering there soon, he is currently in Dodge. If ever I have questions about important things such as this, I call the prison. Every place is different, so it would be hard to get exact reliable answers on here.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 PM

Default Hey Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack19318 View Post
Did about 8 years in the wisconsin prison system. Most of my time at jackson correctional but also many county jails. ask questions and I will try to answer.

I was just wondering if you have any advice for me. My husband just was taken into custody for a probation violation. Hi PO meets with him thursday. Im scared for him to be away from us, we have 5 kids. I just need to know what hes going through and any inside tips for helping him.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrazycop23 View Post
My name is Stephen and I am a former correctional officer, p&p agent and now a Police Chief in Wisconsin. I do believe in consiquences for law violations, but am in firm belief that Wisconsin needs to revamp it's policies and SOP in the correctional system, hence former correctional officer and p&p agent.
Hi Scrazy

I was wondering if you have any advice for me. My husband was/is on probation for contractor theft, his business partner embezzled money, but he signed the contract. His probation was up in 8 days and he did a contracted job which is a no no according to his probation rules. Needless to say his po found out and took him into custody today. We need to pay back the money he received from the job, which im doing, and his po has not made her mind up on revocation, is there anything I can do to help his cause? We have five children and he did take on this job because we had no money and were honestly running out of food. Hard times! Anyways any advice would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie29 For This Useful Post:
tmwhite (12-10-2012)
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 PM

My name is Lauryn I live in Florida and my boyfriend Sam is in Shawnee Correctional Center (illinois) and he has a little over a year to go!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM

Default New Here - Hello

My name is Judy and I do not have a (personal) loved one in prison but, my husband goes into 8 of the prisons to provide Native American ceremonies. I hear much about what they're going through and feel connected to many of them. I am really here seeking help for our non-profit the Eagle's Nest Center, Inc. we are hoping to start a program for children of incarcerated parents but we need a lot of help. It seems that folks will spend a lot more time and money on their pets (don't get me wrong, I love animals) than on our kids. If you are interested in helping us help the children, email me or answer back here. Right now, I am truly in need of someone who can update our website (it's on Frontpage program) to include information on children of incarcerated parents and the project venture program we would like to start here in WI. Anyone available to do this and get together to start things for the kids?
Judy
Old 04-29-2012, 02:41 PM
MizzHart

Default All New

My fiance was just moved to Dodge on Friday April 27th after being in Walworth County Jail since July 2011.

I am in Walworth County and a nursing student graduating in two weeks..
Don't know what to expect now... Never dealt with prison before..
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM

Hi, my husband recently left Dodge. From my experience Dodge was better than county jail since our visits were no longer between glass and he was able to move around more. Dodge is the assessment center for males so my husband only spent about 6 weeks there before moving on to Jackson and then after only a week at Jackson moved to St. Croix. How long does your man have? After about four weeks in he should get staffed to get an idea of where he will end up serving his time. Good luck! This is my first time too. Many congrats to you on your upcoming graduation!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:13 AM

It sucks being just a fiancé while he is in Dodge because you can not visit. But, it gets better when he gets shipped out to the prison he will do most of his time at. Make sure you guys start doing your research because if it's his first offense, they give him an option of where he would like to go. They try to get him close to you so you can see him often... That makes the world of difference and the time seems to go faster... But it still sucks.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM

Default New to this ^^;;

Hi, I'm Jessica and I live in Edgerton. My baby was moved from Oregon Correctional to Oakhill last week when he was put in seg.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM

I worked at Fins in Newville, ... I'm surprised but I never heard of those facilities. Are they near Madison? Are they minimum? How long have you been standing by your man through this?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_UWW View Post
I worked at Fins in Newville, ... I'm surprised but I never heard of those facilities. Are they near Madison? Are they minimum? How long have you been standing by your man through this?
They're real close to Fitchburg if not in it. I used to live in Walworth County so I'm not real familiar with this area yet. I've been with Mike for about a month and a half. Oregon is minimum with a work release program. Oakhill, from what I've heard is a medium minimum; it's got more security than Oregon. If you're in Oregon and get sent to the hole, you're moved to Oakhill.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM

Im Lisa, 43. My connection is my ex-husband who is doing 10yrs currently at Redgranite. We were married for 8 yrs. I have 3 grown kids. He has a grown son. Currently we are exchanging letters while i consider going to visit. Havent seen him in 2 years.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Mother of Prisoner

Hi I'm Theresa my son is at Dodge right now and waiting to be staffed to find out where he will be going. He is in right now for breaking probation and waiting on his 7th drunk driving charge to go to court. He is looking at 3 years but it sure would be nice if the judge was in a good mood that day and gave him less.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM

hi there, my guy is currently at CCI waiting on a transfer.He is in on revocation. I don't get on here much but I think its pretty great to have people who truely understand what its like and what we go through! It is about us also!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Mother of Prisoner

Welcome frogggieb4u, I don't know all the abbreviations so where is CCI? My son is staffed at Dodge seeing his revocation is done Oct 30. They put him in Dodge even tho he only had 2 1/2 months to serve for it. But he is waiting for drunk driving charges to get settled. He's worried that they won't get it all done before he gets out cuz then he will have to do county and dodge all over again !!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM

Hi there, my bf was just moved to CCI. I don't know if I have done the introduction thing before, but I did just find the wisc. site. lol I come on once in awhile and it really can be allot at times. hope to conect with some people that understand and are going thru the same bs!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

Hi there, sorry I guess I have done the intoduction thing. lol "chippewa corretional" I hope things went well for your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesa View Post
Welcome frogggieb4u, I don't know all the abbreviations so where is CCI? My son is staffed at Dodge seeing his revocation is done Oct 30. They put him in Dodge even tho he only had 2 1/2 months to serve for it. But he is waiting for drunk driving charges to get settled. He's worried that they won't get it all done before he gets out cuz then he will have to do county and dodge all over again !!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 AM

Default new to site and system

My 17 yr. old son was sentenced to prison time. I know he will start off at Dodge but am pretty much lost. I am scared for him I am pretty sure he will be transported the week of the jan 7th. Any advice anyone can give me would be great! Thanks for letting me become part of the family
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Hello everyone my name is Kathy from Pa. My man is at Fort Dix NJ been down 12 years been together 3 He has 6 man in front of him than his time for HWH Than home to be 2013 is our year Thank you Lord
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM

Hi my name is Jennifer & my husband is in the system. Offense was in Waukesha, CO. Was in Huber & Jail. Was released after 9 months. Was out for only 2 & was rearrested. He's back in on revocation. Was sent to Sturtevant to await date of hearing. He's now in Dodge Correctional & will be transferred to Oshkosh for the remainder of the incarceration portion of sentence. Currently living in Mayville, but I don't know for how much longer.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 PM

Hi all. My name is Tara and I have a friend serving 18 months at Kettle Moraine Correctional. Before this whole experience with him, I'd never known anybody who got themselves in trouble with the law, and I knew next to nothing about the prison system. As I've done what I can to help my friend along (writing him personal letter, sending him funny comics and stories through the mail, etc.) with this challenge in his life, I have learned a great deal, and many times I turned to this site to silently find help and advice through posts with similar questions to my own, and this site has given me so much piece of mind during the times between letters when a reply feels like it's taking a while and I begin to worry that he might not be OK. I tend to worry about him a lot, I know that his mistakes cost him a great deal, and I feel helpless at times. Currently, I'm waiting to hear from him to find out if I've been approved to be on his visitors list. I can't think of any real reason I'd be denied, but I'm still nervous to find out what their decision will be. But anyway, I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much to this website and all the wonderful and compassionate people here, and I figured it was about time I made my presence known. =)

Last edited by SearchingVixy; 01-15-2014 at 11:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to SearchingVixy For This Useful Post:
Siesie617 (01-16-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Amarella

My husband spent almost 4 years at KM. If you have any questions, let me know.

It was a nice place to visit. Now he's at a minimum... and would you believe... they are MORE strict?

I miss KM. The visiting set up was so much better than Oakhill.
The Following User Says Thank You to wisconsin8 For This Useful Post:
SearchingVixy (02-08-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 PM

Default My husband is in Kettle Morriane Correctional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearchingVixy View Post
Hi all. My name is Tara and I have a friend serving 18 months at Kettle Moraine Correctional. Before this whole experience with him, I'd never known anybody who got themselves in trouble with the law, and I knew next to nothing about the prison system. As I've done what I can to help my friend along (writing him personal letter, sending him funny comics and stories through the mail, etc.) with this challenge in his life, I have learned a great deal, and many times I turned to this site to silently find help and advice through posts with similar questions to my own, and this site has given me so much piece of mind during the times between letters when a reply feels like it's taking a while and I begin to worry that he might not be OK. I tend to worry about him a lot, I know that his mistakes cost him a great deal, and I feel helpless at times. Currently, I'm waiting to hear from him to find out if I've been approved to be on his visitors list. I can't think of any real reason I'd be denied, but I'm still nervous to find out what their decision will be. But anyway, I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much to this website and all the wonderful and compassionate people here, and I figured it was about time I made my presence known. =)
My husband has been locked up in Kettle Morriane Prison since July of 2011. I used to make the trip every week til it got to be too much on me financially. I can say I feel helpless at times. I put money on the phone just to hear his voice, and I have spend every one of our anniversaries away from him since he has been locked up. The visit up there can be beautiful during the spring, however the roads get exceptionally slick in the winter. If you need any advice, please feel free to ask. Been at this now for 3 years.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Default info on KMCI request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee4candle View Post
My husband has been locked up in Kettle Morriane Prison since July of 2011. I used to make the trip every week til it got to be too much on me financially. I can say I feel helpless at times. I put money on the phone just to hear his voice, and I have spend every one of our anniversaries away from him since he has been locked up. The visit up there can be beautiful during the spring, however the roads get exceptionally slick in the winter. If you need any advice, please feel free to ask. Been at this now for 3 years.
My son may be transferred to Kettle Moraine. I'm wondering, does the facility have ability to send/receive emails? How many phone calls per week and how long. Any general information about the facility that might be valuable. I'd also like to know if anyone has been able to use a CD or MP3 player, I'd like to be able to send him music, etc.