Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

Default Prison Rape/Sexual Assault

Hi, i'm kind of new to this site.
I currently have a 25 year old brother in a Texas prison, and he's been there for about 3 years now.
Anyways, i was wondering if i can get some input from people who've ACTUALLY been to jail/state prison/federal and who have seen/heard of rapes and sexual assaults.
I'm not really scared for my brother (i know he can take care of himself), i'm just sickened to know that this happens in prison. I always thought it was a joke, and doesn't REALLY happen...
Also, to any ex-prisoner men listening....Weren't you ever embarrassed for having to get undressed in front of women? Did that ever happen to you?
Is it true that women guards can watch you shower?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

Thanked 4,106 Times in 971 Posts

Not sure what you're asking specifically. Yes,female cos are in situations where they see one of us nude from time to time. Do they perform strip searches? Its happened,but for the most part,no.
Prison rape...it's not as bad as it was at one time due to the"safe prisons"act that the legislature passed sometime back, but to some degree it is and always will be a part of what goes on in there
Old 10-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Not sure what you're asking specifically. Yes,female cos are in situations where they see one of us nude from time to time. Do they perform strip searches? Its happened,but for the most part,no.
Prison rape...it's not as bad as it was at one time due to the"safe prisons"act that the legislature passed sometime back, but to some degree it is and always will be a part of what goes on in there

Well i'm basically broadly asking what kind of opposite-sex privacy you have at prison. I have no problem being strip searched, etc by a male co, in front of other male cos, but when there's women involved it makes me sick to my stomach. I think it has something to do with how the woman has power over the man and can legally harm him into submission...By the way, have you ever seen a female co "punk" a male inmate?
Have you ever seen a female make fun of a male inmate's nude body?
Have you ever seen a female co that purposefully watches nude male inmates to get off?
I know i sound insane, but i still feel this odd instantaneous depression knowing that if i were to go to prison (never plan to though) i would be subject to being humiliated in front of a female authority figure. I keep picturing a bunch of hot, young female cos laughing at my nude body as i'm being cavity searched.
Yes, i am THAT weird.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM

Thanked 1,069 Times in 354 Posts

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this topic.

It more seems like you are trolling for sexual scenarios than seeking information on the prison experience.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveYourself1st For This Useful Post:
InmateBrother (10-29-2013), sidewalker (10-29-2013), WhiteShirt (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourself1st View Post
You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this topic.

It more seems like you are trolling for sexual scenarios than seeking information on the prison experience.
I can understand your suspicions. But when i say i'm depressed about this small inane subject, i mean i am genuinely depressed about it. I don't even have healthcare and i'm thinking about seeing a therapist. Yes, i agree that this obsession is unhealthy. I've barely gotten any sleep over the past couple days, and don't even have an appetite (which is VERY unusual). I truly wish i can forget ever researching prison lawsuits regarding inmate abuse.
But talking about it online actually has helped. I visited some depression chatrooms and that kind of cheered me up.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Hangin' in there - Super Mod

PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,582 Times in 7,029 Posts

There are a few bad apples among EVERY group and correctional officers are no exception but the overwhelming majority of prison staff do their jobs with impersonal professionalism and most staff are just as uncomfortable with the nudity as the inmates are, so most everyone just tries to get through those parts of the situation as quickly as possible.

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeBeau For This Useful Post:
InmateBrother (10-29-2013), Renee (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeau View Post
There are a few bad apples among EVERY group and correctional officers are no exception but the overwhelming majority of prison staff do their jobs with impersonal professionalism and most staff are just as uncomfortable with the nudity as the inmates are, so most everyone just tries to get through those parts of the situation as quickly as possible.
Thanks. Now that i think about it...I hadn't taken my prozac in a few weeks and i think that's what spurred this insanity. Hopefully i'll feel better once it starts kicking in again. Nevertheless, i still have horrors thinking about the lawsuit i read about where a female "lieutenant" co laughed at a nude inmate's body during a strip search...Right in front of his face. AND his lawsuit was dismissed. I wrote about this in my first post (about a day ago). There was also a *FAILED* lawsuit from a male inmate who was CAVITY searched in front of a female co in a stall shower. He claims he was threatened with tear gas. I just picture the man crumbled in a corner begging for mercy as he's being entered anally, all in front of a woman....gives me severe depression chills. I think what's made it worse is the fact that there's a chance that many female cos are lesbian and get off on making men submit to them. You know they're out there!

There's also tons of other lawsuits that i read about where women were subjected to the same conditions. There's some lawsuits that i ACTUALLY f***ing cried while reading about. Geez.
Oh well, i'll probably get over this depression spout and laugh about this moment and how stupid it was.
Too much?

PS- If you want to read the lawsuit about the inmate being threatened with tear gas while cavity searched, google "BUMGARDNER v. NORRIS Leagle".
Leagle is a website that basically summarizes lawsuits btw.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
wandering into the sunset

Female COs doing the stuff described below is a human rights violation. Check with Amnesty International for their viewpoint on this. Cross gender strip searches are always considered human rights violations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateBrother View Post
Well i'm basically broadly asking what kind of opposite-sex privacy you have at prison. I have no problem being strip searched, etc by a male co, in front of other male cos, but when there's women involved it makes me sick to my stomach. I think it has something to do with how the woman has power over the man and can legally harm him into submission...By the way, have you ever seen a female co "punk" a male inmate?
Have you ever seen a female make fun of a male inmate's nude body?
Have you ever seen a female co that purposefully watches nude male inmates to get off?
I know i sound insane, but i still feel this odd instantaneous depression knowing that if i were to go to prison (never plan to though) i would be subject to being humiliated in front of a female authority figure. I keep picturing a bunch of hot, young female cos laughing at my nude body as i'm being cavity searched.
Yes, i am THAT weird.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM

A female officer is only going to strip search a male inmate if there is some sort of emergency situation leaving no time for male staff to be the one to do it. Since there are more male staff members in every prison I've ever seen it is unlikely that it will be an issue.

Female officers do work housing units. Men shower in these housing units from time to time. To try to eliminate violence/rape prisons are built to provide very little, if any, privacy. I don't know of any female officers that have spent time watching men in the shower other than to glance that direction to ensure that there wasn't a problem. I am sure it has happened, but it isn't common.

I'm curious why you're obsessed with a woman being in power over a man. The question should be have officers ever "punked" an inmate, not a female officer. Regardless of the sex of the officer they are in a position of authority over the inmate. There is no distinction based on whether they sit or stand when they go to the bathroom. To answer- yes I've seen women officers embarrass male inmates. Each and every time it was in response to the inmate saying or doing something stupid. Women staff members are far less likely to allow such things to slide due to how difficult it can be on them if they are perceived as weak. When combined with their comments carrying more weight than the same comment coming from a man in many situations, it happens. Usually everyone (staff and inmates alike) enjoy the spectacle... well everyone other than the person that brought it upon himself.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteShirt For This Useful Post:
InmateBrother (10-29-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingtourist View Post
Female COs doing the stuff described below is a human rights violation. Check with Amnesty International for their viewpoint on this. Cross gender strip searches are always considered human rights violations.
Well i've read dozens and dozens of UNSUCCESSFUL lawsuits of opposite-sex searches/nudity.

Just google this if you're interested in the lawsuits-

"Cross-Gender Searches - American University Washington College"

It should be the first url from the "American University" website (.edu) in a pdf form. It goes through each successful and unsuccessful lawsuits regarding opposite-sex searches, invasion of privacy, etc.
Notice how most of them are unsuccessful.
And there's some pretty disturbing stories in there if you ask me.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShirt View Post
A female officer is only going to strip search a male inmate if there is some sort of emergency situation leaving no time for male staff to be the one to do it. Since there are more male staff members in every prison I've ever seen it is unlikely that it will be an issue.

Female officers do work housing units. Men shower in these housing units from time to time. To try to eliminate violence/rape prisons are built to provide very little, if any, privacy. I don't know of any female officers that have spent time watching men in the shower other than to glance that direction to ensure that there wasn't a problem. I am sure it has happened, but it isn't common.

I'm curious why you're obsessed with a woman being in power over a man. The question should be have officers ever "punked" an inmate, not a female officer. Regardless of the sex of the officer they are in a position of authority over the inmate. There is no distinction based on whether they sit or stand when they go to the bathroom. To answer- yes I've seen women officers embarrass male inmates. Each and every time it was in response to the inmate saying or doing something stupid. Women staff members are far less likely to allow such things to slide due to how difficult it can be on them if they are perceived as weak. When combined with their comments carrying more weight than the same comment coming from a man in many situations, it happens. Usually everyone (staff and inmates alike) enjoy the spectacle... well everyone other than the person that brought it upon himself.

"other than to glance that direction to ensure that there wasn't a problem."

Even that disturbs me. She gets to walk in at look at grown men (who are submissive to her) naked.
Are you telling me there aren't ANY women guards who want to see men naked?

"The question should be have officers ever "punked" an inmate".

That's kind of a coincidence. Because i've been in county jail (for 2 weeks when i was 17) and i know from first hand experience that inmates are punked by cos. Because i was. In fact, now that i realize it, i think that might have something to do with this obsession of mine. Because when i was "punked", it was in front of a female guard also. What happened was i was knocking on the glass to try to get the attention of a guard (can't remember why) and a big, tall white football player-looking guard just burst in and started yelling and screaming at me for knocking on the window. He leaned in against me while i cowered back into the wall and threatened to "throw me through that glass".
So yeah...I think that could have had something to do with this...

Last edited by InmateBrother; 10-29-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Banned

"Bumgardner v. Norris, 2010 WL 1729866 (E.D. Ark. Mar. 3,
2010): A male inmate was strip searched under threat of tear
gas. The search was conducted in a shower stall while a
female was present. Plaintiff was strip searched, and
subjected to body cavity search, under threat of tear gas if he
failed to cooperate. The court permitted plaintiff to proceed
on his Fourth Amendment claim against the officers."

It says at the end that they permitted him to continue his lawsuit, but if you do the research you'll find out that his lawsuit eventually got completely dismissed.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 PM
BabyLove

Perhaps I am the odd ball out..but I find this post rather disturbing. The content is becoming more graphic and quite frankly I don't see where this has anything to do with encouragement and providing support to members. I feel as though there is definately a sick obsession with perverted acts and talking about it appears to bring some kind of kick to the OP. Free speech...I'm all for it, but this thread is serving no good purpose just my thoughts...it kinda creepy and weird.
The Following User Says Thank You to roxizona For This Useful Post:
InmateBrother (10-30-2013)
Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,588 Times in 10,440 Posts

Dude take your meds, see a mental health professional and stop bothering the nice people on this site with your fetish OR call a sex line where they are actually paid to play this game with you. Around here though, um nope, not on my watch.

This thread has reached its inevitable conclusion and is now officially closed.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
D's baby (10-30-2013), frostwoman1954 (10-29-2013), InmateBrother (10-30-2013), InsomniaCT (10-30-2013), LeBeau (10-30-2013), OffenderNoMore (10-30-2013), Renee (10-29-2013), roxizona (10-29-2013), Scott (11-01-2013), sidewalker (10-30-2013)
Closed Thread