Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 PM

But do u know if they need to have money in his books when he is transfered to ICE cuz i been told that they need to have money in order for then to get deported to mexico and if they dont it takes longer to get deported also do u know were they leave then at when they take then to mexico
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandagrumpy View Post
my bf is in jail and he is a citizen do u think he still get deported immigration has a detaainer on him because of somethin he did time for 6 yrs ago or can he fight that
If he a citizen of the usa he can not be deported. In rare cases they have taken somones citizenship away but that would be for something so bad like what happened on 9/11. Thats why these guys if possible should become citizens that way they can stay in the usa do the time and be released here to try and stay out of trouble.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorda4ever View Post
My husband is in state prison In az but he has a hold on ice after that will he get transfered to ice then get deported right away also if he has money in his books will he get it once hes released and are they able to make calls any info plz help
They should get all money on books. The only exception would be if they owed something to the court or prison. Otherwise money is given to them just before they cross into Mexico. They cannot hold money if it is owed to them.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorda4ever View Post
But do u know if they need to have money in his books when he is transfered to ICE cuz i been told that they need to have money in order for then to get deported to mexico and if they dont it takes longer to get deported also do u know were they leave then at when they take then to mexico
Money has nothing to do with them getting deported. I they have no money it just means they won't have any when they cross into Mexico. I put money on my husbands books a month before he was released and deported so he would have money for food, a motel and anything else he needed until I could get to Mexcio. He paid for his motel, got himself some good food, a beer and bought some clothes. When I arrived there in Tijuana he was resting and felt good with his belly full of food, not the crap they give them in prison. But remember they can and will take money from what they have if they owe anything.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Oh one last thing, if they are in CA they usually go to San Ysidro. In AZ its usually Nogales. You can have him ask around where he is being held as others might have already been deported and are again going to be they can tell him where he will probably go.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunigan View Post
Oh one last thing, if they are in CA they usually go to San Ysidro. In AZ its usually Nogales. You can have him ask around where he is being held as others might have already been deported and are again going to be they can tell him where he will probably go.
well he actually has like charges that he got to pay once hes released from there but like he cant call me or nothin he can only write me hopefully he tells me in this coming up letter that way he will have money thanx...
Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunigan View Post
When ur husband going to get deported did they deport him right away like right after his release day or did the stay with ICE for a while or is it usually quick my husband supposed to get released dec 11
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 PM

hi how many time ICE will takes to put a hold on prisioners in federal prison?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:01 AM

hello,
my husband is in county jail at this time and still waiting to have a court hearing. but he does have INS hold. i wanted to know if i am a citizen i should put in paperwork now or wait until i know if he will be convicted for a felony?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,747 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glambeautiful View Post
hello,
my husband is in county jail at this time and still waiting to have a court hearing. but he does have INS hold. i wanted to know if i am a citizen i should put in paperwork now or wait until i know if he will be convicted for a felony?
Get a hold of an immigration lawyer before you do anything Sweetie. Good Luck to ya.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 AM

The law is very unfair.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM

i am going through the same thing with my boyfriend, he has an ins hold and is now doing 12 months in a state facility, he has been here since 1996, i found out that he was once deported and came back in another name, so how does ins discover this information. he has a green card and has been working since he got here. what is the reason for the hold, ins said they want to check his status, right now he is out of status because his green card has expired.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardju View Post
its possible because my husband is appealing a decision to get deported they only have him because his visa was expired.
my boyfriend has a detainer from ins because his green card has expired
Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Default served time for conspiracy to traffic, ICE detention, deportation when?

I have a question as I don't understand the logic behind anything to do with this process. My friend served a jail sentence for conspiracy to traffic, released into ICE custody in TX, now transferred from Rolling Plains to Euless city jail - what does this mean? Will he be deported soon to our home country of Canada? He has no US immigrant status, and I can't understand why they would keep him - it's been about a month now. I know it can take many months, but I can't understand why, when they just want him out and he wants out! I can't understand why they would keep him longer, or how they are permitted to, as his time is served and he wants to be deported - any one have any experience with this to share?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Can someone help me with my question, I am new to the site: My girlfriend is serving federal time for a drug charge. She has been here all her life and has a permanent resident card. They took it at the time of arrest and she now has a hold? If she sees the judge and shows paperwork that she has always lived, worked, and has children here is it a good chance she can stay?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrising_3 View Post
Can someone help me with my question, I am new to the site: My girlfriend is serving federal time for a drug charge. She has been here all her life and has a permanent resident card. They took it at the time of arrest and she now has a hold? If she sees the judge and shows paperwork that she has always lived, worked, and has children here is it a good chance she can stay?
nope .... they can still deport her ....
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Home by 2014 !!!!

Thumbs down

It. Sure is BS my husbandjust got violated for16 most fir not. Reporting and doing urine tests within 72 hours of release how the heck was he supposed. To report if immigration took him straight to Nogales fromAZ.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM

thanks for the PDF> Very helpful
Old 03-13-2013, 12:39 PM

Default Divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooda4Ever View Post
Hello everyone, I am new on her but i need a little information. My girlfriend is married to an alien and they have been separated for about 7 months. She has not talked to him since the parted and she wants to get a divorce. She contacted a lawyer but he said he will need to know where he lives but she has not talked to him. As far as she is telling me she does not know if he has even went to his interview or not. She just want to know how to get a divorce from him. If anyone has any info please help.

I too am in the process of divorce and to my knowledge, whether her husband is legal or not is of no consequence. If so cannot locate him then she will have to file for, I cant remember exactly what its called legally but it's where they publish notice of her motion for divorce in the newspaper. If after a period of time he does not respond, I think its 20 days but Im not sure, she will then file a motion for default get a hearing in front of the judge where he will then grant her a divorce. She does NOT need to know where her spouse lives. Nor does she need to hire an atty if she cannot afford one. The paperwork is really quite easy to do yourself and you can download it off the internet. There are also local legal aid services available in nearly every state. Good lucc!
Closed Thread