Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts
Default Welcome to the Prison Related News Feed Forum

Today I am opening a new forum dedicated to prison related syndicated content. This content will be pulled from other websites and media outlets that we feel offer a high level of quality content that can be of use to our members. All of this content will be prison or criminal justice related.

The idea to actually start looking at (RSS) syndication stems from my communications with Michael Santos, a federal prison inmate who I have a great deal of respect. He writes and reports on a variety of prison topics and is a great example of someone who has put their time in prison to good use.

He writes daily on prison and criminal justice topics at: www.PrisonNewsBlog.com This is where we will be pulling our first feed.
His other website is: www.MichaelSantos.net

If anyone wants to recommend any other feeds, please feel free to let us know about them in this thread and we will take a look at them.

Thanks!
David
Old 04-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Donation Award 

CNN Feed
AP RSS

OK, cool--was doing my Welcome PMs and came across these, and so I was coming to axe what to do (or not!)
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts

Yeah, I have to setup user accounts for this to work but for some reason those feeds are not working. I'll see about tweaking them a bit.
Dillon's Wife (04-11-2009)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 AM

How about Prison Legal News? IMO, one of the oldest & most trusted prisoner resources out there.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org
Old 02-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Lisa D.

Post News on Solitary Confinement

Solitary Watch is the best site I've found for news and information on the abusive use of solitary confinement in prisons. According to the site's "About" section:
Solitary Watch is a web-based project aimed at bringing the widespread use of solitary confinement out of the shadows and into the light of the public square. Our mission is to provide the public—as well as practicing attorneys, legal scholars, law enforcement and corrections officers, policymakers, educators, advocates, people in prison and their families—with the first centralized source of unfolding news, original reporting, firsthand accounts, and background research on solitary confinement in the United States.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Lisa D.

Post US Prison Culture

US Prison Culture in a great website for anyone seeking a blog or commentary on the latest prison and criminal justice reform news. According to the website:
Prison Culture is an attempt to document how the current prison industrial complex operates and to underscore the ways that it structures American society... It’s a place for me to catalogue all of the ideas, thoughts, musings, and resources that I have about mass incarceration and the Prison Industrial Complex.