Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Yes I will let you know thanks .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 05:51 PM

I have received emails and phone calls as of today they are still being allowed out for only one hour per day! I really hope this ends soon!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:20 PM

When I received my call this evening, I was told that they were let off today. I also received an email around 9 pm. Big Sandy use to be be locked down for weeks and sometimes months at a time a few years ago before they separated the prison. Then it was nothing going on but now it feels like they are going back to the old days. I am 8 hours away and I always visit every month, its sad when u get use to seeing them on Saturday and come on Sunday and its locked down. Years ago I use to be frustrated but now its like, oh well I'll wait it out. I will be glad when this is over for good, come on 2015!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 PM

Thanks for the update msfaluchi I hope there off hopefully I get a call tomorrow
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM

I havent had the same luck. Mine hasnt called or emailed. They told me not to come visitation was closed for the weekend. Im confused hope the lockdown is over and everyoe hears something soon
Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM

My husband called this morning and I asked him was the entire prison off and said no. He is in unit c and he said not every unit is out as of right now so I'm not sure what's really going on. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfaluchi View Post
My husband called this morning and I asked him was the entire prison off and said no. He is in unit c and he said not every unit is out as of right now so I'm not sure what's really going on. I'll keep everyone posted.
Thank u i think that mine is still locked down. He seems to be on the worst unitt. This site has helped so much.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus4him

Lockdown=no email/phone and visits are cancelled for the weekend as well

Reason= there was a fight in the chow hall between 2 guys Sunday

no estimated time~sorry I tried to get that but nothing on that..lets just pray
The inmates can actually email?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Nationwide Boss 'B'!

I haven't heard from my babe since the 2nd. he is in unit b3. He said some young guys had flooded their unit so they might be on lock longer but he wasn't sure. this is hard. We did 3 months of SHU time and now this. I haven't seen him in 6months now I'm praying things get better soon...
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus4him View Post
I haven't heard from my babe since the 2nd. he is in unit b3. He said some young guys had flooded their unit so they might be on lock longer but he wasn't sure. this is hard. We did 3 months of SHU time and now this. I haven't seen him in 6months now I'm praying things get better soon...
I pretty sure urs is in the same one as mine. Last i heard they were floosing their cells and stuff to. Im so sick of lockdown this is sooo long. I just wish it would end already it seema to happen every other month.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Mine is also in b3 I haven't heard from him since the 2nd also its so sad . Hopefully it ends soon.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Nationwide Boss 'B'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1+3nails4given View Post
The inmates can actually email?
Yes. They use corrlinks but it is not available at all prisons to my understanding.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Nationwide Boss 'B'!

Yes, I too am hoping and praying that it ends soon. I miss him and I know he is going crazy. I normally write him everyday when he is locked down but I been working so much I only got 1 letter off and one incomplete one I fell asleep writing smh. Im gonna get it out tomorrow but I hope they come off tomorrow. Im gonna call tomorrow and see if there is an estimated date to the end of this craziness. I will update tomorrow. be blessed all [-O<
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM

I called the prison today. Guess bad timing because it just rang and rang with no answer. I was wondering if anyine else had heard anything. I still have no email or phone calls.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella1130
Same here its been 2 days this is I can't seem to get used to this stuff there always on lock down I have till 2015 and Big Sandy is making it harder with all these lock downs geez . Help someone get me used to not hearing from my lo for days at a time. Lol
Why does Big Sandy have so many lock downs?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM

As of today there off lock down well at least my lo is unit b3 is off he just called.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Nationwide Boss 'B'!

so now they are off lock down and I should be happy right! well has this happened to anyone else cause im so upset right now...we transferred into Sandy in Nov. I used to go see him every other weekend at the old facility until he got in trouble and got transferred into this craziness. So I was ready to go see him this month but I got an email tonight saying his visitation list was cleared off and we had to fill out forms again to be reapproved and this is the norm process for big sandy-is this true..what is this craziness? anyone~ smh
Old 01-10-2013, 04:40 PM

I'm sorry to hear that . I'm sure it's pretty common at Big Sandy I live to far away from Kentucky I live in NEVada and work two full time jobs that I would never be able to make it to a visit just too much so I just have to wait it out till 2015 and do with pictures you know I'm sorry to hear that hopefully you get bak on soon so you can visit your lo.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 AM

Hello everyone. I'm going to be going to big sandy in a couple of weeks. Any helpful hints about the visits. And, how are the visits there. Thank in advance
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrygrl75 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm going to be going to big sandy in a couple of weeks. Any helpful hints about the visits. And, how are the visits there. Thank in advance
Hey Countrygirl. My husband has been at Big Sandy for over 4 yrs and I've seen it at its worse and best. Before they separated the Penitentiary, u could never plan a visit because of lockdowns that lasted weeks and months. Then it became better on the visitation end for a while but now, its back to a lot of lockdowns. I visit every month, driving 8 hours. Sometimes u visit on Saturday and then Sunday they are locked down. As far as dress code, it depends on who is at the desk. One minute u can wear a blazer or sweater and the next minute its no. They have pushed the seats so far back from each other now, hope u have a good back. Some of the guards are ok but when they do the quarterly change, you'll end up with new a**hole guards. The kids can't sit with the inmates anymore because someone wanted to use a baby to smuggle SMDH! Its in a remote area so there is nothing to do. I always stay at the comfort inn or Ramada, which are both descent hotels. I know they are making a lot of changes right now but I'm just glad my husband is transferring next week and coming closer to home. Let me know if u have any additional questions, good luck
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus4him View Post
so now they are off lock down and I should be happy right! well has this happened to anyone else cause im so upset right now...we transferred into Sandy in Nov. I used to go see him every other weekend at the old facility until he got in trouble and got transferred into this craziness. So I was ready to go see him this month but I got an email tonight saying his visitation list was cleared off and we had to fill out forms again to be reapproved and this is the norm process for big sandy-is this true..what is this craziness? anyone~ smh
I know I'm a little late but it depends on the Penitentiary. If the person who is visiting has been on the list less than 3-5 years then u don't have to do it again. However they do have a new warden so who knows. But it shouldn't take but a couple of days to approve u since u were on the initial list and tell him make sure his case manager stays on top of it. I know of a couple of woman that waited a month or two because the paperwork was not put in.
The Following User Says Thank You to msfaluchi For This Useful Post:
Lotus4him (02-12-2013)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Maine318

Question USP Big Sandy

Well.. I just got a call from my LO from Atlanta and he told me they are moving him to USP Big Sandy.. Can anyone tell me any information about it? He said he has heard its one of the worst He is leaving a FCI and that's where we are used to visiting him, and it was only an hour away from our home. Now I look up Big Sandy and its damn near 7 hours away. I told him not to stress that we will still come visit. I don't know BOP moves people around the way they do. They seriously have me at my breaking point doing

Taking it one day at a time
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Maine318

Question FCI Big Sandy

My LO is being transferred there as I type.. any information would be nice.. both for me and for him..

How is visitation there? I have 2 children (4 1/2 and 14 months).

Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 AM

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 9,642 Times in 5,872 Posts

I'm sorry for what is happening to your LO, but it's not unusual for the bop to do things like that. I was 1200 miles away from home, so they decided that 2500 miles was even better. Their self-serving comments that they attempt to strengthen family bonds are total BS.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Maine318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine318 View Post
My LO is being transferred there as I type.. any information would be nice.. both for me and for him..

How is visitation there? I have 2 children (4 1/2 and 14 months).
Supposed to be USP Big Sandy