Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default He got out, used me, went back in and now he's writing me again

So my now ex and I met years ago and decided to start a mwi relationship. I waited for him and he got out and stabbed me in the back by hanging out with people that didn't like me. Things went downhill super fast and we broke up 4 months after he got out. I supported him through everything, inside and out. He contacted me last month apologizing about how things ended and wanted closure. I told him I wasn't wasting my time writing him and if he has something to say he could call me. He wrote me a 3page letter about how he misses me and misses my genitals and all this crap that seems typical of a bored convict. I'm not in love with him anymore but I'm not over him. I really don't know what to do. I cant talk to anyone of my friends cuz they think the whole situation is pathetic, which it is. I'm so lost and confused.

Last edited by leekafreak; 07-19-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Donation Award 

Well if you think you were better off without him then ignore him. And let me tell you something. You can't tell a grown ass man who he can be friends with. He's not a child. Just because you don't like them oh well. Time to put on your big girl panties.

The Following User Says Thank You to juss me6 For This Useful Post:
aprilp (07-29-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,069 Times in 354 Posts

You already know he is a user. Ignore him and he will go away.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveYourself1st For This Useful Post:
MsPrettiJackson (07-21-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss me6
Well if you think you were better off without him then ignore him. And let me tell you something. You can't tell a grown ass man who he can be friends with. He's not a child. Just because you don't like them oh well. Time to put on your big girl panties.
Its not me not liking them, they don't like me and started problems with us indirectly. I never said anything to him about it.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Donation Award 

Smh. Well then they were losers with alternate motives. Look where he ended up. Probably because of them. Count your blessings and move on. You said he used you. There you go. Why would you want to talk to someone you personally feel used you?

Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
So hopelessly in love <3

I say ignore him. He sounds just like my ex. I was with this guy who was locked up off and on for 2 years. He got out early but never told me he was getting out. He didn't contact me for a week! We hung out a few times n he got his pleasure (none for me) and then he disappeared. Then I saw he was in jail again so I wrote him thinking he might need a friend. Same old jail talk. I miss you, I love you, will you marry me, put $ on my books. I told him to get lost, that I found a good man.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,622 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhuman View Post
So my now ex and I met years ago and decided to start a mwi relationship. I waited for him and he got out and stabbed me in the back by hanging out with people that didn't like me. Things went downhill super fast and we broke up 4 months after he got out. I supported him through everything, inside and out. He contacted me last month apologizing about how things ended and wanted closure. I told him I wasn't wasting my time writing him and if he has something to say he could call me. He wrote me a 3page letter about how he misses me and misses my genitals and all this crap that seems typical of a bored convict. I'm not in love with him anymore but I'm not over him. I really don't know what to do. I cant talk to anyone of my friends cuz they think the whole situation is pathetic, which it is. I'm so lost and confused.
I suggest you keep moving on and not get yourself wrapped up with him again. You aleady know he is using jail-yalk, so why buy into it? You deserve better than this.

I would tell him if he really meant those things he would do his time, get out and prove that what he is saying is true and genuine.

You will not get over him if you continue to converse with him, because he will say all the right things and you will sucker into it...be smart about this. You said you are not in love with him, so are you thinking of getting back together with him in hopes you will fall in love with him again?

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

Peace~

The Following User Says Thank You to InmateLover67 For This Useful Post:
BirdAndAlexis (07-21-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 PM

If u get played again which u will if u go back with him then dont blame him u know the saying first time foolish him 2nd time foolish me!!! just saying
aprilp (07-29-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
TINYWIFEY

Use? Girl let's start by looking at this,,, things went downhill very fast....you are better than that.
1. PRAY FOR HIM
2. FORGIVE HIM
3. DON'T RESPOND TO HIM
4. FORGET HIM
AS FOR YOU.......M-O-V-E ON

Last edited by MRS.GRIFFIN; 07-19-2012 at 09:14 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MRS.GRIFFIN For This Useful Post:
Forever&aDay (07-20-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,621 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:

What a sweet-talker he is!! Am I the only one who noticed that part? I'm sorry, but that part made me laugh a bit. Anywho, move on from him, he's just a user. At least you know that already. It's going to be hard, I know, but you can do it!! Go out and spoil yourself, and when you're ready, find yourself a real man who will treat you right!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
lil peep (07-20-2012), Miss_A (07-19-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,838 Times in 1,992 Posts

He misses your genitals?!! Yeah, I'm with blah. What a sweet talk he is!!

Girl, leave that man where he is. Do not let him call you. Why would you tell him that if he has anything to say to you, he can call you?! He said plenty when he left you after he was released. All he's going to do is tell you what you want to hear so that you'll take him back and begin to support him. It's very apparent that the man only wants you when he's locked up. Why do you want to be with someone like that?

Last edited by Miss_A; 07-19-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 PM

Thanked 1,385 Times in 609 Posts

can I say something from an ex-inmates as well as a male point of view. actually leave the male out, just from an ex inmates point. I don't want to be brutal but I am going to be honest. many inmates "game" peole. To be honest that's what I see going on here. If he really cared about you, he would not have listened to those peole who "didn't like you" fact is, If I was lucky and had someone support me while I was in and then got out.... I'd be with them and be there for them as they were for me. Fact, he is now locked up and has nothing again. He knows you cared and may still care so you are going to be his bank while he's in there and he is going to make you think you mean the world to him while he's in there so you continue to support him. My marriage was screwed up when I went in and it crashed while in, but my ex stood by me until after my home confinement finished and then she left. She was completely honest with me that she didn't love me anymore and we still talk and on occassion are there for each other thru the hard times. not in a sexual way either. In fact, not to be an ass and I damned sure am not blowing my own horn, in fact i'm pretty ashamed of it but I haven't had sex since before I went in and that was 2006. Haven't had sex since getting out in 2008. I could have, but I don't use people and I wont be used anymore myself either. I want a relationship where I am with someone who cares as much about me as I do them and is someone I can grow old with and share my days and nights with. Some of my friends bust my chops because not in a sexual way but it's like I am a woman in a mans body in a sense. Most women want what I want as most men just care about getting a piece of tail and staying happy that way. That's not me. I want a relationship and I want stability. So when I read stuff like what you posted, I can see what's going on having been there. I think you deserve more and I think he's an ass for trying to use you yet again. Take care of yourself and find someone who really loves you and build a life for yourself.

Good luck

Joe
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to joetnymedic For This Useful Post:
blah8705 (07-19-2012), Eternal Sunshine (07-19-2012), Forever&aDay (07-20-2012), hisbabygurl2014 (07-19-2012), Idreamofhim (09-01-2013), kevinmom (07-21-2012), Klewis (07-19-2012), lil peep (07-20-2012), mallafri (07-20-2012), MsPrettiJackson (07-21-2012), Tuesday123 (07-20-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Wow that part about missing your gentials is corny as hell. These men ( I use that word losely) do not know how to sweet talk. It gets on my damn nerves.,like,who,taught,you to talk like that.,and then I laughed because most guys who like to use girls say corny shit anyways.

Ok so back to the point. I always say if guy only thinks about,you while he is locked up isnt a guy I would mess up, because he had all the chance to be with you in the outside but felt you were not worthy of him in the outside but you are in the imside. I understand you have feelings for this dude still. But that feeling will fade away and you will also fade away.from his memories too once you stop writing him or dont write him at all. But damn girl check this out: YOU ARE BETTER THEN THIS. BUT BE A JAIL TALKER,GF BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW THE GAME HE PLAYS. find yourself a good man,that will,treat you right.
The Following User Says Thank You to hisbabygurl2014 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Go Niners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourself1st
You already know he is a user. Ignore him and he will go away.
LOL @ "ignore him and he will go away"

I needed that laugh!

Yes, definitely a user, not worth your time girl.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Living and Learning

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,022 Posts

You have already gone down this path with him, so why do it again? Nothing has changed except he is back in prison again and looking to play the game on you again. Let that one go and keep moving on down the road of life. Why bother?

I have an ex who got out and left me two weeks after coming home. Good riddance to him. You know what? He went back to prison two months ago. He is back where he belongs. If he was to contact me, he wouldn't get anything, but ignored. I know what he's about and I don't have time for his games in my life.

Don’t make someone a priority in your life when you’re only an option in theirs.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 PM

You know what....some Inmates/ex-cons feel just like Joetnymedic!! My man is that way. He just wants to settle down with me and have a solid, lifelong relationship. No more time to waste/throw away!!! We are so perfect for each other it's an obvious God setup!!!! Let go of the losers....there are REAL men out there (or currently incarcerated) who CAN and WILL love you for you when they see that you are 1 in a million and able to see and love them for who they ARE now vs who/what they once were!

1 Corinthians 1:25-29

Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,721 Posts

If you should waste your time and start writing him again you will be telling him that you are willing to play his sick game, so therefore you can not get mad when it hurts you again.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
#1AndOnly (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,591 Times in 10,449 Posts

People will treat you any old way if you allow it. What he is asking you now is will you allow him to treat you like shit in the free world after you support him through another bid. If you decide to do so then the answer is yes, he will have you in the palm of his hands and discard you when he no longer needs you.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
BFFsupporter (07-20-2012), D4C (07-20-2012), sidewalker (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,172 Posts

You know what he wants, you know what he's about, so why even open his letters? You have the option of returning them unopened, do it.

OMG, unless you crave any kind of attention so bad that you are willing to put up with his bullshit. Then whatever happens is on you. Sorry, but this is in your hands.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 AM

Thanked 1,897 Times in 891 Posts

"the boys" will always come in between you and your man if he lets them.

So its not really about them, its about your man letting it be about them.

Quote:
Its not me not liking them, they don't like me and started problems with us indirectly. I never said anything to him about it.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Anything Is Possible &lt;3

It's not pathetic, things happen ! You got to learn from your mistakes, honestly I wouldnt be there for him . By the way it's all about respect you don't have to let him know not to hang out with certain people I'm pretty sure he wouldn't like you hanging out with certain people he didn't like or people who didn't like him. It's all about RESPECT!

Last edited by mrs.cervantes19; 07-20-2012 at 01:47 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM

Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,128 Posts

Quote:
this guy is crazy if he thinks that writing and pleading can help,first off sorry for you even being with this person you deserve more then a good sob story,he had his chance and was'nt very grateful and look what happen KARMA bit his butt and now he expects you to understand his story again and this time you do best by moving forward,i wish you lots of luck cause this one not going away fast and you may still see a future for you guys
Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,146 Times in 468 Posts

You got a sh*t sandwich..... no need for seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to skellerton For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 PM

Here's a quote for you---"When someone shows you who they are, believe them!"