Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Survivor and Thriver!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,216 Times in 2,991 Posts

Global Tel Linlk no longer has the account for NYS DOCS. Was changed years ago.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

Global-Tel is still used for County Jails in NY, and they are STILL a rip off! They ONLY allow for pre-paid accounts and depending on your phone provider will depend on the fees they charge you to speak to you LO!

My hubby is local, he is 10 minutes from our house, I pay $4 per 15 minute phone call! They charge a fee when you put money on your forced prepaid account, $50 on your phone, will cost $9.50 off the top!

Calling the company, emailing them ... you get the run around and such vague answers to your questions its ridiculous!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Stalking the mailman.....

I know I have to use them for J, seeing he is at a private run facility in FL's panhandle. He called me this weekend and several times we both had to repeat ourselves because it was like the connection was bad or something. For me being in TN and him in FL it cost me $2.27 for 15 mintues. I only put the $25.00 forced prepaqid amount on my phone. The service charge was $4.75 for that $25.00. So, to start with I had $20.25. If J calls me more, and the connection was like it was on Sunday, I might just stop the calls because if the connection is bad what is the point of them calling you??!!?
Old 07-15-2012, 07:18 PM

I am furious I put 25$ on my gtl accout friday. One call and b4 it connected it said balance 5$ and you have 1 min to talk.
WTH

<3 MY HEART BELONGS TO DROOPY <3

Old 07-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

I have at least found a way to get around the $4.75 charge per $25 I put on the phone. I mail a check to them (instead of using my debit card) and they apply it to my account without charging me any surcharge. If I spend $100 a month on calls, that's almost $20 going toward calls instead of putting it in this company's pocket!

If anyone is interested in that, the address is:

Global Tel Link
Advance Pay Service Dept.
P.O. Box 911722
Denver, CO 80291-1722.

Make sure you write on the check the phone number it is being applied to. In fact, I type up a little slip telling them to apply my payment to my number, then they can't act like they misread my handwriting.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man ~ Psalms 118:6-8 (My man's verse)
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Jen For This Useful Post:
SusanWayward (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jen
I have at least found a way to get around the $4.75 charge per $25 I put on the phone. I mail a check to them (instead of using my debit card) and they apply it to my account without charging me any surcharge. If I spend $100 a month on calls, that's almost $20 going toward calls instead of putting it in this company's pocket!

If anyone is interested in that, the address is:

Global Tel Link
Advance Pay Service Dept.
P.O. Box 911722
Denver, CO 80291-1722.

Make sure you write on the check the phone number it is being applied to. In fact, I type up a little slip telling them to apply my payment to my number, then they can't act like they misread my handwriting.
I wish I could mail them a check. We breeze through our money so dang quick and if I had to keep mailing checks I'd have to write one like every day lol. But we try to use his account because they don't charge him the fee. But sometimes we lapse money and I have to put money on my account before his money gets transferred
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM

UGH......GTL just cut me off 4 mins early.......I SO FREAKING HATE THIS I WANNA SCREAM

<3 MY HEART BELONGS TO DROOPY <3