Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Donation Award 

Default Visiting Beaumont Medium

So I have been very very lazy the past week since I got home and I have not had time to type this up. But since I blasted everyone with questions before I went to the visit I figured I should just give someone else all the information in one post also I wanna thank the women (u kno who u r) that I met while down there visiting you guys helped me and my son a lot and I am sooo glad his ear infection went away before our plane ride that would of been a really long ride

soo heres the information I think I covered everything but just ask if you have a question

visits are Thursday-Monday.. they get 12 points a month at medium... weekdays are 1 point, and weekends and federal holidays are 2 points and i think during holidays they get more

if you drive make sure you clean your car out before because they sometimes do checks and they will search your car and everything in it but thats rare when they do it... you wait outside of ur car on the sidewalk after 8am (there are barely any visitors early on thursday n friday so you dont have to get there early)... they won't let you inside until 830 n they can be very strict on that time to where if it is a minute before they will still make you wait... you go in and you go into the waiting room and go in the back and fill out the little paper (if you plan on visitin multiple days grab a extra paper at the end so you will have it filled out when u get there the next day) you fill it out and give it to the person at the desk... when i was there the lady that worked there was so nice and cool and she isn't picky on dresscode at all but other COs are picky....

dresscode- no open toed shoes, nothing too tight or revealing.. you will have to take most of your jewerly off when you go through the metal detector so make sure you dont wear TOO much lol um no underwire bras.. its all on the bop website what the dresscode really is but pretty much if you will wear it to church u can wear it there cuz u never kno who will be working and if they are picky make sure you bring a change of clothes just in case.. you are able to bring $20 into your visit in a small plastic bag make sure you have if not all quarters then only $1s n $5s
if you have a kid you are able to bring a see-through bag (smaller the better) and you have to have your babywipes in a clear baggy in ur bag too, along with your money, you are able to bring bottle/cup whatever its always safe to make sure it is see-through because you never know, you are able to bring 4 diapers and there is a whole list on the website of what exactly. my son is 2 so we did not need much. If the child can walk they have to walk through the metal detectors themselves.. if they can't walk sometimes you won't have to put their name on the paper in the beginning depends on the CO and how many visitors are seeing that particular guy..

there is a "playroom" in the visiting room it is pretty much a room with a tv in it and cartoons on the walls that is it. I always made sure i sat right next to it so then i could watch my son closely (hes bad). they play clifford, barney all that on the TV to try keep the kids calm but you always get the kids who try to start fights with the others so it gets loud but the COs dont' really say much unless something serious happens with the kids... and most of the time the COs wont even speak to the visitors they say everything to the guys

after you give the lady the paper you gota wait abit usually so she can put u in the system and there are lockers in there for your stuff then she will call you and whoever else n you go through the metal detectors... the COs that I saw were all really nice to me but some have their days... they stamp your hand and you sign the book and then you wait again and then they bring you back after you go through the control room and show ur stamp on ur hand then they take you to the visiting room you show ur stamp again then you find your seat

the vending machines are expensive and the quarter machine takes ones and im not sure about larger bills and it takes only old 5dollar bills so you might have to break a 5 in the snack machines... its easier to have quarters jus in case... also never put coins in first in the pop machine unless you are using all coins cuz it dont give u ur money back n wont accept dollar bills after u put in coins ((it has its days too)) its best to hit up the food machines early cuz if it gets busy all the good stuff will be gone and the guy doesnt come until like 130-2pm to refill it.. there are microwaves and everything on the other side of the room

then you sit and wait for the guys... its pretty much a lunchroom type with abunch of plastic chairs next to each other and a foot stool thing for a table but do not put ur feet on the table they are picky about that... you can kiss before and after and are able to hold hands and lay your head on their shoulder and jus be all cuddled up as long as they can see your hands they usually don't trip

the atmosphere in the visitin room is really laid back when i was there the COs really didnt give anyone problems and was too busy making their ramen noodles and eatin carrots you can get ur pictures taken it has a weird baseball background but ur dude has to buy the picture tickets before the visit and it takes like 2 weeks for him to get the pics back

hmm what else.... they have count around 10am so if you get there around 10 you will have to wait abit but you are able to come at anytime between 830-2.. the visits end at 3pm... hmm the guys are not allowed in certain places so its just safe for them to stay seated because you never know how the CO will act but if they gota go to the bathroom they just line up by the door...

then once the visit is over the guys stand on one side and the visitors stand by the door and they will call the visitors out by groups of 10 and you go out and get your stuff from your locker then you get your driver license back at the desk.. if you are waiting on a ride and they are taking a bit you have to stand near the little drive between the two parking lots

that is pretty much the basic for the visits i probably forgot some stuff but just ask and i will answer or find the answer... if you are traveling from out of town there is alot of information on this forum about where to stay and all that... if you want more or even pictures just ask me because I take pictures of everything at all times so I have plenty and I learned so much my last trip I would glady share... especially if you are not gettin a rental car and didnt drive... i can let you kno how to save you from paying the EXPENSIVE taxi rides..... anything else just ask but I think i covered it

It wont let me add one picture because I posted it in another thread but here is one picture of one side of it...i couldnt get pictures of the other side where the basketball court
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62860_1243352122612_1193610602_31146023_1428903_n.jpg (77.1 KB, 45 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waiiting4him For This Useful Post:
DiamondX (10-14-2011), emilee5 (08-03-2012), FLORES2012 (05-10-2012), HopewellKat (06-17-2013), idahotexas (09-28-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM
MrsFearce

I haven't been on this site in a real long time, but I was checkin out your post and was like WAAAAT.......when you were talkin about the dress code and the chick at the front desk. See my husband is in Med and I went to visit him in Feb of this year, might have been the same girl might not, young black chick, but like as soon as I hit the door, didnt even get in good and she was like, oooh nooo, you cant wear that, but the CO's that were up there with her they were all like DAAAMN!! I had on some leggings, but they look just like blue jeans only way you knew they were leggings is if you had some or seen 'em before, a real cute shirt, not see through, revealing or nothing and some hills, peep toe at that, you know where just a lil bit of you toes are seen, come to find out, Pretty Ricky {ooh, my bad, he's a CO, real high yella dude, kinda cute, youngish} say she was just hatin. It was funny cuz I went out to my car to change bout time I got to the vistit they done all ran back and told my dude what I had on, how I looked in it errrrythang, but thats crazy though we had two different reactions, cuz the CO's loved my 'fit but that chick.......SMDH!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Donation Award 

yeah sounds like the same chick shes younger and pretty skinny.... she was letting people in with pants that looked just like leggings and girls with really skimpy outfits. I was freaking out about everything I wore because I did not want to change and wanted to be in the first group to go back each day.... the last day I was there there was another younger black girl working and she didnt like anyone... so maybe it was her instead
Old 02-07-2011, 01:38 PM

Officer Clack is usually the one running the desk and she can be very strick if youvisit a lot she does become a little nicer. She was a comlete B@$ch during my first visit and second visit, but as I was the first person there to visit so I could go back with the first group and their computers were down so if you werent in the system yet you had to wait (luckily they know me there now) she finally let me in with the last group that day and I was pretty angry about it. My friend went with me that visit to see her dude and she got in quickly. The next morning after seeing me so mad the day prior she got me back pretty quick and I thanked her for how smooth it all went after such a rough day prior. After that officer Clack has been kind. It did say earlier that you can grab a form and have it ready for the next day...be advised that if she sees you bring it in, she will tell you to fill out another one that you cant do that (I tried it already lol) other than that use your judgement I have been to several visits there (I live in houston which makes it easier) and really it depends on the co's mood! I go the safe route and wear flats, I bought a bra without underwire just for the visits because they arent allowed (I always have a knife in my purse so me and several women went to my trunk to cut the wire out on the first visit.) If you have a problem with a co you can always have your inmate turn their name in and report the problem. The cos in the visiting room are pretty cool unless (due to politics) leaders are in there, especially when there are more than one with visits. then the gang investigator will come in and observe, they dont allow you to share drinks with the inmates either (I sit back by the kids play room, we have shared food and nothing was said) they told the inmate visiting my friend that. oh if you car pool with another friend or family they do not like it when you conversate, well my friend was visiting my inmates old celly when they were still in the same cell. you can how ever sey hi to another family if you know them but only briefly. On the weekdays fewer people go for visits so it is more quiet. I went on a friday once and it was about half full and by about 1 pm everyone eles hed left...me and my sons, and of course my inmate were the only people in there it was great! the co's were very cool that day but obviously they didnt have to worry much eaither. I always stay at the Baymont its very close (5 min) and every room has a full kitchen so we arent eating out. I am going to try shepards inn next time and will post information when I do. I think I covered what wasn't previously, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message and I will answer them for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to crashgirl For This Useful Post:
emilee5 (08-03-2012)
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM

do they check ur driver license if u drive there? i dont have a drivver license but i have my car and insurance. please let me know. thanks. also can u take a taxi from sherpInn to the beaumount med? if so, how much?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
D@vid's @ngel

How long does it take to get approved for ur visit it's been almost a month since I filled out my form?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info my husband has just been tranfer there
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinadollatx View Post
do they check ur driver license if u drive there? i dont have a drivver license but i have my car and insurance. please let me know. thanks. also can u take a taxi from sherpInn to the beaumount med? if so, how much?
how do you drive without a license besides that you need a picture id to get in
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM

Thanx for the info! I am going to go see my hubby tomorrow. I see this post was a couple years ago, so I hope its still the same. Im looking forward to being able to hold his hand and sit next to him!!!! The last place he was at we could only hug and kiss at the begining and end of visit and had a big ass table in front of us. We also have two young children together. A 2 year old and a 3 year old. I hope the CO's are still layed back like you said. And whats this about not underwire bra?? All the other places didnt have a problem with it. Some bras go off in the metal thing and they just did a hand metal thing on me......I hope I can still wear my bra cause I dont have any without a wire......
Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 AM

Dey dont worry bout the bra issue! Der pretty laid back alot of young people! Jus watch ur kids :-)
Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 PM

hey samantha how was da visit n which location do you visit???
Old 03-17-2012, 02:33 PM

He is at the Medium one. They were pretty laied back. I got there around 10am and there wasnt that many people there, but then after noon it got packed! People letting their kids run wild. Im surprised that the CO's didnt make those people leave. They had to tell some of the parent a few times to go check on their kids. The food their was crazy high, so next time Im gonna bring more money. Our visit was awesome. I was glad to be able to hold him the whole time. And he was able to kind of move around a little bit freely. We got to take some pictures so that was a plus too The other places that my hubby was at the only time the metal detectors went off was when I would wear my cheap bra. But my Victoria Secret bra never went off. I got one without a wire in it just in case cause I didnt know how long the walk would be from my truck to the building. But next time Im gonna wear my VS and if it goes off then its not that far of a walk to change it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SamanthaF For This Useful Post:
emilee5 (08-03-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 AM

wow, the info posted is great! I hope to make it up there real soon. Haven't seen my bay in almost a yr and I haven't held him since Jan. 5, 2011. Thx to all who posted :-)
Old 04-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Just a little update. I wore my VS bra and it did go off, so NO underwire AT ALL!! It sux but I will do anything to see my love. The CO's are young and they are pretty cool. If you show them respect then they will show you the same. But if you try to go in there with something that your not suppose to wear then they will be assholes to you. One lady tried to wear a strapless dress with a coat over it and didnt make it in. She ended up putting the coat on under her dress when I saw her almost an hour later. I always bring an extra set of clothes of me and my children just in case they dont like what we are wearing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamanthaF For This Useful Post:
alwaysmylove (04-24-2012), emilee5 (08-03-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

ok so i will be going to visit for my first time this weekend I can only see him one day but its ok it we will make do... just wondering about visitation times can we get there at any time as long as it is before 2... oh and is it only $20 total or is it $20 per person cause I have older boys who will probably carry their own money .. any info is appreciated
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 PM

They have been going on lockdown alot. I just got word that they might be on lockdown again. I am going to try to see my hubby that is in the SHU at the med unit tomorrow so I will post on here to let you know if the lockdown is in affect. I also have two young children that LOVE the venting machines and eat like crazy, so I bring $30. I think its $20 for every person. They have never checked how much money I had on me. But I would only bring quaters if I was you. Sometimes the dollars wont work, but they will take the quaters every time. I hope this helped some. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to SamanthaF For This Useful Post:
FLORES2012 (05-11-2012)
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Default Help!...visiting beaumont usp

Has any one done visits at Beaumont USP?....I live in California and the kids and I are planning a visit in July...We're gonna fly up on a Wednesday afternoon and rent a car ...I want to stay at a hotel that's as close to the USP facility as possible (I'd prefer a hotel over a motel)...and we are going to stay from Wednesday night until the following Tuesday night ....My husbands booking # falls in to the even category and I'm kinda confused on the days we can and cant visit...also if there's anything close as far as tourist attractions..any help and tips on anyyyy of this would be SOOO appreciated...lots of good info on this thread ..so I thought I'd start here..
THANK YOU =)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
emilee5

Wink dress code

I can't help with a hotel or things to do in Beaumont but i did visit in Nov of 2012 and they gave us a hard time about clothes i had on some not tight jeans and they said they were too tight on the bottom ( it says nothing about wearing boot cut jeans on the sight) they also said my daughter could not wear a skirt even with leggings underneath .Because of this we had to drive around looking for stores in a town unfimilar to us and it ended up costing us a extra hour and a half of visit time .Be sure to study the dress code list and do not wear fitted jeans i also saw a lady with a skirt to her knees that they made put pants on underneath it so my best tip to you is put the kids in not tight jeans plain shirts and bootleg jeans for you.I know if you come in july in the dead heat of the texas summer this is going to not be the most comfortable but will get everyone in at least.And be sure to bring extra outfits as others have stated just to be on the safeside and avoid what i went thru.
The Following User Says Thank You to emilee5 For This Useful Post:
makingthemost (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 PM

oh! wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that ....im learning this dress code crap is hi demand all all the fbop facilities UGH! i dont have a problem dressing myself and the kids appropriately but they get ridiculous! geeeze! we had alot of the same here at MDC los angeles and also at Lompoc. So how long are the visits?..is it limited to an hour?..and is it Thurs, Fri., Sat or Sun (odd even pending) and monday for visiting days?.....and I'm kinda dreading going in July but summer vacation for the kids, so basically I was tossing july or august and i figure weather wise it probably wont be a big difference ...all these tips and info mean the world to me THANKS AGAIN =)
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up visiting beaumont

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingthemost View Post
oh! wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that ....im learning this dress code crap is hi demand all all the fbop facilities UGH! i dont have a problem dressing myself and the kids appropriately but they get ridiculous! geeeze! we had alot of the same here at MDC los angeles and also at Lompoc. So how long are the visits?..is it limited to an hour?..and is it Thurs, Fri., Sat or Sun (odd even pending) and monday for visiting days?.....and I'm kinda dreading going in July but summer vacation for the kids, so basically I was tossing july or august and i figure weather wise it probably wont be a big difference ...all these tips and info mean the world to me THANKS AGAIN =)
first thing.... you put USP but then speak as if your guy is in Medium. He can be a Medium at the USP or a Medium at the Medium facility. visiting days are different for either location.

at either location visiting is from 8:30 to 3:00 barring bad weather holdups (pun intended) ) or lockdowns.

ALWAYS call before you leave to see if they are on lockdown.

Sea Rim Park is not too far away. I understand there's also a Rock and Roll Museum in Beaumont or Port Arthur. the best bet here is to google the area and take a good look at the map. call their tourist bureaus and get them to send you brochures or tourist guides for the area.

motels are also posted on google for the area.

texans are generally friendly people. the more you call to the prison or hotels or chamber of commerce or better business bureau..... etc... the more you will have a feel for the area.

good luck there!
INFORMATION
and
to listen!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 AM

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFORMATION ...SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION I CAUSED HE IS IN THE HI SECURITY I ASSUMED LOW WAS LOW MEDIUM WAS MEDIUM AND USP WAS HIGH ...BUT YES HE IS IN HIGH..
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for this post!

I was up at USP Beaumont just last week, and your post was like living it all over again! I wanted to add that they have changed the setup for seating, at least at USP. We had to sit across from each other with the table between us. My LO mentioned that someone in one of the facilities got too touchy feely on a day the warden was visiting, and they changed it.

We were still able to hold hands, a lot. Depended on the CO. I was there 3 days and the first one there was only one other couple visiting, so they let us hold hands for hours, not consistently, but as long as we let go and then got right back to it they were fine with it. On the weekend days seemed like the CO's were stricter.

I will note that leaning over that table killed both our backs, but it's the only way to be close and talk and have some level of intimacy. It's a week later and my back still hurts, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

One more thing. My first day I had on a dress, which I consider tame, and some cowboy boots. When I came in the lady told me to back up so she could look at me, I thought it was the boots (until later), but she didn't say anything and let me in. When the CO came to take me over (it was just me), he looked me up and down and smiled. The next set of guys did it too, as a matter of fact all the CO's were looking and smiling. I thought I looked nice, but apparently it was more than that.

My guy told me I looked like sex on a stick, and he couldn't believe they let me in with a mini dress, boots and bare legs, with the top of my dress having a sheer area and he could could see plenty of boob. He was ecstatic, and it made for an awesome visit.

When I left the female at the front desk told me no more short dresses, that they needed to go below my knees. I said okay I'll make sure it is below my knees (I thought the dress I had on was below my knees, but AT the knee isn't below the knee). In any case she also mentioned that the guys had a problem with my dress (probably because my LO was so damn happy), and that I also didn't have on any stockings (I tried not to laugh at that, I haven't worn stockings in 15 years, I have nice legs and I'm showing them!)

Anyhow the next day I came in a nice dress (that I had to go out and buy), below my knees, very tasteful, and I know I looked fabulous. She didn't let me get all the way in the building before telling me "No, I'm not going to let you wear that" I said I followed your directions, it's below the knees, and she said "Yes you did, but No." I was polite I said, no problem and that I would go change, which I did -- the funny thing is the dress they wouldn't let me wear is one I'd wear to church! Still looked great, but it wasn't the dress.

I get their protocol, but I guess it all depends on how someone is feeling that day. I personally feel like if you are going to jail to visit your man, the least they can let you do is look damn good, a little visual treat. As it is with the closed toe shoes thing you can't do much, but damn they look at women in pants all the time! Okay let me stop, just thought I'd share that because my LO told me he knew they were never letting me back in looking cute. He was like "Next time I'll act like you look horrible" and they'll ignore it. He said "I was practically dancing when I saw you!" and a happy inmate ain't a good thing.

Something a little funny :-)

That's all I wanted to add, thanks again!

Last edited by MokaEyes; 02-01-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Faithful & Proud Ol' Lady

Any specifications to minute things such as shoes (high heels), toddler (age 1) clothing restrictions, or the 'tightness' of clothing? Their visiting handbook doesn't really cover those things. Any answers/ideas will be helpful!